Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 12th July 2019, 08:21   #31
BHPian

Default Re: What Petrol AT SUV to replace my 10-year old Honda City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
I am in a similar dilemma. Want to change my wife's 3 year old Wagon R Vxi AGS which has done about 20k kms on the odo. Not too happy with the AGS concept given that I drive the Crysta 2.8 Z AT which is an amazing car. Not interested in sedans & hatchbacks primarily because of their low seating. Maruti is shortly coming out with Brezza petrol AT but I understand it will again be an AMT which is best avoided. Am looking for a CVT or the conventional AT box. Only manufacturers who I am comfortable with are Toyota, Maruti types who have good after sales service coupled with economical spares and a good quality product which is not changed/ phased out too soon. Am also thinking of waiting for the Wagon R EV getting launched next year. Any views ?
I understand that you are not open to all the brands but recommend you to check the Duster petrol CVT, EcoSport AT and Venue DCT. To be honest, Maruti being economical is just a myth in my view. My Aspire's services are really cheap and people using Ford do say that the overall maintenance of Ford cars is not high and is similar to that of the Maruti. Also, recently, even Toyota has compromised alot on their products and I don't think it will be the best option to go for right now.
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 10:01   #32
BHPian

You can very well go in for a Creta Petrol AT.
One of my friends father has it, and I've found it good whenever I've driven it. That's a few times in Pune and one trip to Aurangabad and back.
I also have an Ecosport At but with the older 4 pot engine and DCT, which is good as long as you limit yourself to 4 people in the car.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 10:13   #33
BHPian

1. Why don't you try the new facelift duster. The ride quality is superb. The pre facelift models too are available for a massive discount.

2. Hyundai venue - Havent driven it so cannot say much.

3. Brezza - cheap to maintain

4. Mg Hector - if the budget can be stretched it's a good car

5. Terrano
Shashwat B is offline   Reply With Quote