Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 18:14   #61
BHPian

Re: Petrol S-Cross or Petrol Vitara Brezza?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible View Post
Hello Everyone,

Congrats dear Punatic Sir for purchasing the Ecosport. It's a great vehicle to own.

Thanks for the wishes @incredible, and apologies for not replying sooner - I only managed to find your post today, because @tirumalavoleti quoted me here an hour or so earlier. I really must do a better job of checking for replies, at least to posts I created!

And welcome to the forum of course! Reading through your post, I think you'll like the S-Cross the most. Or rather, if those were my requirements, I'd go for the S-Cross. Petrol, manual, comfortably seating 5, lots of steep hill driving, decent GC; S-Cross fits the bill best. Brezza comes a close second - it will offer all of the above but S-Cross feels and handles better and (subjectively) is overall the better vehicle.

Hope you get to simulate your use-case during your test-drives.

I never got to drive the Kicks, so can't comment on it, and didn't try the Nexon, since I wanted an AT/CVT while Tata offers it only with an AMT, but I did try the other three on your shortlist. Loved the City Manual, but not the CVT, and it was anyway too big for Mrs P for her first driving experience. Other than that, the GC definitely was a no-go for me, but a lovely car otherwise.

Happy shopping!

Last edited by Punatic : 17th November 2020 at 18:15.
Punatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 20:33   #62
BHPian

I'm in the same boat as Punatic sir.
Looking for an Automatic Petrol SUV for my father who's going to drive it for the next 15 years so should be comfortable to drive considering age factor and have decent mileage.
Petrol Automatic only.
No Diesel
My father has driven the Hyundai i10 Sportz Manual for 12 years now.

Budget:
13 Lakhs (On Road)

Usage:
Majorly city usage-50 km daily commute (to and fro) and 50 km during weekends.
So a total of 300km running in a week.

Requirements:
Good enough mileage, No DCT heating issues, Parking sensors, Infotainment Display

Main Priority on driving comfortability, ease of driving and mileage. The car should last 15 years without any hefty repairs.

I was recommended Ford Ecosport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Maruti Suzuki S Cross. Since these 3 Petrol Automatics seem to be the major topic of discussion of this thread hence need your valuable insights in deciding my next car.
Old 18th November 2020, 08:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
Main Priority on driving comfortability, ease of driving and mileage. The car should last 15 years without any hefty repairs.

I was recommended Ford Ecosport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Maruti Suzuki S Cross. Since these 3 Petrol Automatics seem to be the major topic of discussion of this thread hence need your valuable insights in deciding my next car.
I've done 2000 km in three months in my EcoSport Titanium+ (P) AT so let me give my perspective on those requirements of your father's:
  • Driving Comfort: Pretty good. The high seating position, the short length & width, the high ground-clearance, and the lovely engine-transmission combo make it a very easy car to drive indeed. On the minus side, the EcoSport's A-pillar resembles a building's load-bearing column. In fact, I'm guessing that is the reason why it is that thick - car's roof must by heavy - but in city conditions, with two-wheelers merging into one's path unannounced, it requires enhancements of one's senses (and neck muscles). Do ensure your father checks this eventuality during the TD.
  • Mileage: My average kmpl over these first 2000 km is 11.6 per the MID. It will improve after the first servicing, due two days from today, but you will have to judge if you can live with that. 50km daily city driving will probably result in this number falling into the high single-digit territory often
  • Driving dynamics: EcoSport was head and shoulders above your other two shortlisted cars in the fun to drive factor. If, however, this Ford did not exist, I would have chosen the S-Cross over the Brezza.

If, therefore, you come down to choosing between the S-Cross and the Brezza, the S-Cross would be my recommendation. One more thing you need to look out for is the body-roll in the higher-GC cars. Coming from an i10, adjusting to the S-Cross will be easier is my guess. It's got a (slightly) shorter-GC and it is a longer car, so the centre of gravity is lower than that of the Brezza. Since you've mentioned his age factor, this should be something to consider - the S-Cross will be easier on his neck than the Brezza. My cousin, for example, had to get rid of his Q5 because he'd started experiencing severe neck-pain. Now, he was a bit of a corner-carver with his beater City, so he probably got up to the same antics with that larger SUV, but still, the point remains. No one wants their new car becoming a pain in the neck...

On the other hand, one major factor in the Brezza's favour is that it is a more successful car. Since you're looking for a 10-15 year ownership, Brezza would appear to be the safer choice maintenance-wise. Having said that, they're both Marutis, so this might not be a major tie-breaker.

Ultimately, as usual, TDs will decide it all. Have fun!

Last edited by Punatic : 18th November 2020 at 08:58.
Punatic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:07   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punatic View Post
Reading through your post, I think you'll like the S-Cross the most.
=====
Other than that, the GC definitely was a no-go for me, but a lovely car otherwise.
Yes, S-Cross is definitely better than the Brezza in many aspects such as space, interiors and overall driving dynamics. We had a similar discussion going on in another thread where I had mentioned about my dilemma regarding Start-Stop technology. I am yet to decide, and might postpone the purchase until next year.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Sir. This thread does help the potential buyers in making an informed decision.
incredible is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks