Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Used D2 segment car or a brand new Kia Seltos/MG Hector?
Camry Hybrid (March 2015, 60K running, Price after negotiation- 13 Lakh) 124 29.59%
Skoda Superb TSI MT (Latest iteration 2016 model, 58K Running, Price after negotiation-11.5Lakh) 148 35.32%
Mahindra XUV W11 AT (Nov 2018,29K Running, Price after negotiation- 11.5Lakh) 47 11.22%
NEW Kia Seltos 1.4 GTX + DCT 90 21.48%
NEW MG Hector Sharp 2.0 10 2.39%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2020, 15:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-owned D2 segment car versus a new MG Hector / Kia Seltos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I guess you got it wrong, I was actually praising the M.A.S.S in my previous post, even though they knew they made a crappy product, they moved hell and earth for replacing spares in my AMT, the list of spare replaced is so long I even forgot (Actuator, Fly wheel kit are the ones I remember), the total spares would have costed me around 60,000 + Labor charges if the vehicle was not in warranty.

I was able to squeeze the below from M&M during my visits to their A.S.S
  • Donor vehicle - XUV 500 MT for 2 weeks when my TUV was resting in M.A.S.S
  • 3,000/- worth Diesel was put in the vehicle for my Uber bills of daily commute prior to sending the donor vehicle
  • Free 2 years extended warranty worth 15,500/-
  • 5,400/- bucks off on my next service as they charged me for clutch kit during one of my AMT issues as it was not covered in warranty
  • Around 5-6 free car washes (including interior polishing) every time it visited M.A.S.S for repairs (They also offered teflon coating which I declined)
  • Offered 1.3 lakhs of discount on new TUV 300 MT Refreshed model for exchange of my current vehicle (which I refused due to financial burden)

I do not expect same level of service from Jeep, However, I am more than confident on their A.S.S and their famous tried and tested 2.0 Diesel engine. The main reason for considering the Jeep is the 5* Global NCAP rating. Did I mention Jeep Compass has a total of 55 safety features?
Whoa! MASS actually did a great job. Kudos to them.
Wish you the best in finding your right Jeep!
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 16:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

With 5K/year it would be a good idea to go with a used D1/D2. I wouldn't say the same for high usage.
Old 12th May 2020, 16:31   #63
BHPian

I voted for the XUV, being just a couple of years old and 29K on the Odo, that too for a top variant, I think it's a great deal.

I would have otherwise gone for a Superb, but we have too many manual cars in the family already and now the focus is solely on automatics, otherwise nothing beats Skoda in terms of features and the overall "Mehengi Gaadi" experience.
Old 12th May 2020, 19:18   #64
BHPian

I've voted for XUV W11 AT. With given info, it appears to be in pristine condition. Why did this xuv lost ~50% in depreciation in just <= 2 years? In bangalore olx, i dont see any 2018 model less than 15Lacs.

Can someone help me understand whats going on here?
Old 12th May 2020, 23:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
I've voted for XUV W11 AT. With given info, it appears to be in pristine condition. Why did this xuv lost ~50% in depreciation in just <= 2 years? In bangalore olx, i dont see any 2018 model less than 15Lacs.

Can someone help me understand whats going on here?
It's after negotiation. Even the olx price for the car was 15 lakhs !

I think there's nothing odd about it. A car depreciates the fastest in its first 3 years of ownership.
Especially due lockdown you might be able to shave off another lakh or even 2!
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 23:15   #66
BHPian

Given your options, I would go for the Camry. The reasons are...
1. Since the drive is very less, I would prefer you go for a petrol engine as it is smooth and noiseless compared to diesel.
2. Since the drive is confined to highways, a D sedan would be more comfortable around twists and turns at high speeds.
3. You drive very less, so it doesn't make sense for you to spend around 20 lakhs on a C category vehicle.
4. A used Toyota is much better than a used Skoda anyway. You will hv to spend time and money on maintaining the superb ( i write this even though it is my fav)
5. Both Kia and MG's after service has not gone too far to fit them into a slot.
6. XUV would have been a choice difficult to ignore, if you had told me that you drive around 2-3k kms a month on relatively bad roads.
born.4thnov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 17:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Well, I was in two minds for Seltos/Superb but then voted for the Superb for the value it delivers at that price. When I bought my used Jetta, I had seen several Superbs and had done some research myself. The most failure prone part in Superb had been the DSG which in this case is not even present. Other parts like Battery, water pump and ABS sensors are relatively cheap to fix. Rest there are not much issues reported about Superb. Its a biiiiiig car and the occupants get almost E class like comfort
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 18:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born.4thnov View Post
Given your options, I would go for the Camry. The reasons are...
1. Since the drive is very less, I would prefer you go for a petrol engine as it is smooth and noiseless compared to diesel.
2. Since the drive is confined to highways, a D sedan would be more comfortable around twists and turns at high speeds.
3. You drive very less, so it doesn't make sense for you to spend around 20 lakhs on a C category vehicle.
4. A used Toyota is much better than a used Skoda anyway. You will hv to spend time and money on maintaining the superb ( i write this even though it is my fav)
5. Both Kia and MG's after service has not gone too far to fit them into a slot.
6. XUV would have been a choice difficult to ignore, if you had told me that you drive around 2-3k kms a month on relatively bad roads.
How long can a hybrid battery last? That's my biggest worry! I intend use the car for atleast 5 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks