Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2020, 01:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which automatic car for 10 - 12L OTR has cruise control?

The Vitara Brezza suits your friends requirements to the T. Honestly, the 4-speed AT is not terrible and I'd buy it over many AMTs and CVTs. It is good for 80% of the drivers there. Ask your friend to take a long test drive before ruling it out.

If not the Suzuki, get the Jazz or Amaze as others have suggested.
Old 10th December 2020, 14:49   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
He's particular about three requirements for his next car:
- It has to be automatic. 4AT is not an option (looking at you, Brezza/UC)
- It has to have Cruise Control.
- Safety rating of atleast 4 (if available) or a car that checks all safety checkboxes.

Ideally, the car is < 10L OTR upto a maximum of < 12L OTR.
"
We had exact same set of requirements an year back when we were scouting for a car for my parents. In addition, we had prioritized "trouble free ownership" experience over everything else. Options considered and the reasons behind the decision:

1. Polo GT TSI - Very hard to resist, but because it was my dad who had to keep the car, the known technical issues and serviceability aspect negated me a chance of having a hot hatch in the family.
2. Ford Ecosport - Parents didnt like the firm ride quality, and Ford ownership experience was unknown to us
3. Honda WRV - This was a no brainer if it had an automatic, but folks at Honda are waiting for market share slide before they think about an auto option in WRV.
4. Honda Jazz - We were impressed by the first (2011) Jazz we had in the family. The automatic was not fast as Polo but it was fast enough for my folks. The interior quality had deteriorated from the 2011 Jazz, ICE screen was apain to operate. All said, we still bought the Jazz because of the smooth drive experience, comfy ride, acres of space and no-fuss ownership experience. (or so do I hope )
Old 20th December 2020, 22:55   #18
BHPian

Everyone, many thanks for all the suggestions and options!
My friend has decided to book the Polo GT TSI AT, which comes to under 12L including a 7 year extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invariance View Post
OP's friend is not a car person and travels between states frequently.
He does like and want a car that drives and responds well. It's just that he was willing to compromise on the car body type to satisfy his budget constraints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks