View Poll Results: Your choice?
Nissan Magnite 151 41.60%
Renault Kiger 212 58.40%
Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2022, 10:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Sibling Rivalry | Nissan Magnite vs Renault Kiger

Wow - I have been asking the same question to everyone I know as I have been trying to shortlist my next car top-end in CVT and I have distilled my choices to these two.

For me, its still a very narrow margin.

I would vote for Kiger because
- A little better after sales service due to longevity of Renault thanks to Duster and now growing Triber sales
- Better interiors

Would vote for Magnite because
- Handsome SUV styling over Kiger
- Cruise control
Old 26th June 2022, 22:38   #47
BHPian

EPS (Magnite) v/s 2 addnl Airbags (Kiger).

Which is a safer compromise?

This is going to be a city-only car, in Bangalore.
Old 29th June 2022, 08:39   #48
BHPian

I TDed Kiger last evening. This is after test driving Magnite and Altroz in the last two weeks.

Pros
Fun to drive. Zips
Spacious interiors
Smooth steering

Cons
High NVH: At a red signal, the car vibrates too much for a petrol engine. A decade old Ritz does better. As the car is for city driving and there are plenty of signals in Bangalore, this is a big disappointment.

Build quality (I may be wrong but the "thud" sound of door closing is my barometer)

Magnite did well overall except the acceleration after a pause. Kiger does better on this count.

Only thing stopping me from buying Nissan is their long term play in India.

Good people, how do you compare Altroz with a Magnite?

PS: Wild wild point. The Auto-Hold feature seen on Safari should become more common on other cars. No need to move to parking mode at long signals.
It is a huge boon and I sorely miss on all the lower segment cars. Yes, it is a premium feature but so was a sun-roof Or ABS.

Manufacturers should release a BLR edition and have Auto-Hold feature as the only add-on ;-)
Old 31st December 2022, 15:53   #49

Hello Bhpians,
Could you please help me decide between these two used car Kiger …quoted price is almost

2021 Nissan Magnite XL Turbo CVT - 20k run

2022 Renault Kiger RXZ AMT - 9k run
Attached Thumbnails
Sibling Rivalry | Nissan Magnite vs Renault Kiger-5656d7049f3b4e8791afc1831b799c27.jpeg  

Old 31st December 2022, 16:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.draj View Post

2021 Nissan Magnite XL Turbo CVT - 20k run

2022 Renault Kiger RXZ AMT - 9k run

Do you have previous experience with AMT cars? Have you test driven kiger AMT?

If it was a CVT i would recommended the 2nd option eyes closed.

Test drive it and see if you are ok with the head nods and not so smooth shifts.

How long do you plan on keeping the vehicle? ( long term AMTs are hit or miss)
Old 24th May 2023, 08:46   #51
BHPian

Hi all. I had test driven the magnite and kiger.

Below are my observations in May 2023 (Kiger released with new BS6.2 updates that include (ESP, traction control, VDC, anti roll bars, TPMS, hill hold assist which works even down hill! I've tested it)

1. Kiger felt more responsive and engaging to drive (the steering return to centre action is better than magnite). The driving dynamics are very sorted and inspire confidence. Even the driving modes are well executed and i actually used them despite the very short test drive of 30 minutes. Experienced lots of body roll in magnite.

2. Magnite gets the 360 camera which is such a boon in traffic and while parking even though it's implemented poorly. It's still better than nothing.

3. Seats are more comfortable in the magnite and also certain ergonomic points like (window controls) are well placed in magnite.

4. Body shell declared as stable for magnite in crash testing as compared to unstable body shell in kiger.

I can't decide which one to go for. I'm getting the top end magnite at 13l OTR Hyderabad. Whereas I'm getting the kiger at 13.46lakhs OTR.

If anyone can help me make a decision that would be very helpful.

Last edited by vamsi.vadrevu : 24th May 2023 at 08:48. Reason: Missed to add a point about hill hold assist feature that was added in kiger with bs 6.2 update
Old 24th May 2023, 10:10   #52
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
Hi all. I had test driven the magnite and kiger.
If anyone can help me make a decision that would be very helpful.
I also test-drove the Kiger and the Magnite CVT recently along with a friend of mine (he is also considering them) and here are my observations:

1. Personally, I felt the Kiger to be a better-looking car than the Datsun-like Magnite, however, some may argue that the Kiger looks like a beefed-up Kwid, but I find the Kwid attractive as well, however, looks are always subjective, so not really a pro or con for either.

2. The Kiger having 4 airbags feels a better buy now with other safety features now being similar in both cars.

3. The 360 Camera on the Magnite although, not the best in terms of clarity, does the job and I would prefer it.

4. The Kiger offers a cooled glove box which the Magnite doesn't

5. Renault has a better sales and service network and is in a better position than Nissan which only has the Magnite in its portfolio, whereas the Kiger, Triber, and Kwid together contribute decent numbers for Renault and therefore, Renault feels a safer buy than Nissan in the current scenario.

6. Driving dynamics of the Kiger are much superior to the Magnite and this is the most important factor which tilts the scales in Renault's favour.

Overall, considering the above differences, I would definitely prefer the Kiger over the Magnite even with the price premium attached.

Last edited by bijims : 24th May 2023 at 10:12.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 11:00   #53
BHPian

Voted for Kiger

As much as I would love to stay away from these two because of their underpowered engines. I still voted for Kiger solely for its interiors, cooled glove box and extra airbags.
Old 17th October 2023, 11:39   #54
BHPian

A new car Under 10 Lakhs ex-showroom: Kiger or Magnite?

Hi Everyone,

I seek the advice of fellow BHPians on a dilemma I am currently facing.

I plan on buying a new car and have currently shortlisted the Nissan Magnite and Renault Kiger. I am keen on going for the automatic variant considering:

- The car will be used in the Chandigarh tricity area where speed limits are 60km/hr. Driving a manual has become too cumbersome now.
- Trying out an automatic after years of driving manuals cars in the family.
- Experiencing Turbo petrol-powered engines.

After TDing both the Kiger and the Magnite in their manual guise, I found the Renault to be better suited for highway use and the Magnite to be more feature-loaded. However, the differences are quite stark, leading to further confusion.

I seek the advice of fellow experts on the following parameters:
- Which one has a greater frequency of niggles? I remember that the Terrano was more trouble-free than the Duster in spite of being the same car.
- Aftersales quality of Renault and Nissan in the Chandigarh tricity region.
- Servicing / Maintenance cost
- Spare part costs (if anyone has some record for the same. Because Nissan parts were more expensive than even the VW/Skoda twins in the Sunny era.)

I am open to any other suggestions from fellow BHPians (including 2nd hand options.) My primary considerations are:
- Occasional highway runs, hence high-speed manners
- Boot space
- Driving pleasure
- Comfortable front seats and reasonable comfort in the backseat
- Reliability
- 2 trips annually to remote regions like Spiti
- Preferably automatic and petrol, since my usage isn't much
- Safety
- Positive aftersales experience
- Spares should not blow the roof off when the time comes

What I don't bother about
- Fancy gizmos
- Brand name
- Fuel efficiency
- Open to sedans and SUVs, but not hatchbacks
- New or used, I am open to both

Cars that I am not considering:
1. Nexon: Quality control of Tata Motors scares me. More so with the facelift that has so many additional electronics.

2. Korean twins (Sonet and Venue): Could easily hear squeaks in test drive cars. Moreover, appalling safety ratings are a big concern.

3. XUV300: Loved the car, but limited boot space is a hindrance. I would like to know the views of fellow members on this.

4. Any car with an AMT

I genuinely appreciate your advice and insights. Your collective knowledge will be invaluable in helping me make this important decision. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2023 at 22:35. Reason: Typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks