Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2021, 19:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Best combination of two cars under 30-lakhs for Dad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Just to reiterate, the Harrier or whatever replacement comes won't be used in the city at all so it's dimensions being more than the Fortuner are immaterial.
Please ask your dad to drive Creta/Seltos Diesel automatic on the highway. Refinement and the ride quality are top notch in both. Harrier XZA will stretch your strict budget of 30 lakhs. City car (sedan) can be bought pre worshipped as it'll be strictly for his work duties in city. So ask him to test drive both before going for Harrier. My two cents
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 19:10   #17
BHPian

Honestly would suggest to retain the Fortuner as many others have said and get a smaller vehicle for the tighter spots.

My Suggestion
Car 1 : Retain the Fortuner, can be your long term companion and used for the long highway trips.

Car 2: Honda City / Ciaz / Jazz ( the rear seat is actually comfortable) / Venue.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by xtremeshock : 28th April 2021 at 19:12. Reason: grammer
Old 28th April 2021, 19:11   #18
BHPian

IMO,
Fortuner is not only a capable car with great street presence but its also great for longevity and reliability. This is the reason it commands such a strong resale value. 2017 fortuner can easily serve you for 10 more years or even beyond that reliably. So, I absolutely dont see any point in selling a 2017 fortuner and buying something else below its segment.

If a small beater car is needed to travel in congested areas, you can always buy one suitable hatchback for the purpose, preowned - if new one is out of budget currently.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 28th April 2021 at 19:14.
Old 28th April 2021, 20:11   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I think it only makes sense keeping the Fortuner. You will lose a lot of value, money wise and car wise. I'm sure a road where you can drive the Harrier, you can drive the Fortuner as well.

Spend money on buying a good petrol sedan.
Old 28th April 2021, 20:21   #20
BHPian

A suitable variant of MG Hector and a Rapid TSI should provide the best of both the worlds.

EDIT : Sorry I missed the diesel SUV automatic part. My bad. Your choice of the Harrier and The Rapid TSI manual could be an option. Build quality and drive/ride is a big plus with the Rapid.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 28th April 2021 at 20:30.
Old 29th April 2021, 02:41   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Retaining the Fortuner is not an option as Dad has pretty much sealed the deal on its fate.
I guess you have already received all the advise you need. Two comments resonated most with me - to retain the Fortuner and alternately a single car garage that is the Compass. Seems a bit inefficient to have two merely because he does not want to give an expensive car to a chauffeur.

Just out of curiosity it’ll be interesting to hear from you on WHY the trigger is being pulled on the Fortuner. It seems to tick all the boxes of your highway needs no different to what the Harrier would provide. With a lot more reliability also one may add. Also simplifies the process to buying only one top up car - the sedan, which could be a Ciaz / City.

Keeping your decisions intact, I do agree the Harrier and Ciaz / City combo work as well as can be.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 07:36   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Closing Thread. Has been discussed enough. Thanks to all for contributing.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks