Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2021, 12:22   #16
BHPian

Re: 10-lakh rupee replacement for my Maruti Ertiga

Hi i can understand your dilemma of getting more confused the further you read. The only suggestion which meets the requirements of 5+2 seater plus 10 lac ex showroom conditions is Ertiga Zxi plus MT or Zx AT if it can bargained to reduce its ex showroom price to below 10 lacs.

To be honest in your situation there's a dearth of 7 seaters around 10 lacs, you have 2 no.s a) Triber & b) Datsun GO+ which are lesser than 10L but they are not at all worthy replacement for your ertiga rest other 7 seaters like marazzo etc are priced way above 10 lacs.

My opinion would be to continue with your current steed Ertiga for atleast 2-3 years and then may look for upgrading, hopefully your budget might increase to north of 15 laks and in that you might get a lot of competent 7 seaters some of which are upcoming.

In the meantime you can spice up your current steed by going through few of threads at Team Bhp about midlife makeovers!
GT007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 14:16   #17
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

If your current Ertiga has been paid for completely, just retain it and go for a new 5 seater in the sub-10 lac segment.

Revisiting the TUV 300 would be a good thing now after 6 years, since the updated car has better engine refinement with the 1.5 L 3-cyl diesel which has been worked upon.
Old 7th May 2021, 15:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post

I used Swift Dzire Diesel from 2009 to 2016 and that is when I came to this amazing forum. For those who are interested, my travelogue from Mumbai to Punjab back then created a lot of noise because I mentioned I drove in the opposite lane on the infamous Bharuch section since I was running out of milk for my 3 month old. Needless to say, the keyboard warriors had a gala time at my expense.

Anyway, I digress. back to the story, I enjoyed the Dzire thoroughly and did a lot of Mumbai Punjab and Nasik/Shirdi/Pune drives. in 2016, I exchanged the Dzire for a Petrol/CNG Ertiga at Sai Service Borivali and it was a certainly a welcome change. Although I did fewer long distance trips in it, I have thoroughly enjoyed the Ertiga for its drivability and space and fuel efficiency.

Fast forward to year 2021, I have owned the Ertiga for almost 5 years. The organization I work with has a company lease policy. I can choose a vehicle that the company vendor will procure for me. I pay some DP and the EMIs I pay become a non taxable part of my compensation. However, the condition is that the ex showroom price of the vehicle should be less than 10 lakhs.
Wow, we have lots of similarities mate. I had Dzire with me from 2009 to 2016. In 2016 I got 2nd generation Ertiga VDi which I just sold last week for 7.5 Lakhs through Cars24 and I think I got very good deal IMHO. Now million rupee question is which car should I go for?

My requirements -
1 Petrol if possible
2 5+2 Seats
3 Should not cross 15L OTR
4 Fuel efficient if possible
5 Good A.S.S.
6 Good resale value
7 Looks
8 Ride quality
9 Features like touch screen, reverse camera is must

Considering above requirements, we have very very limited options in market, sadly. Innova is out of question as its too costly and has few drawbacks considering my requirements above. I checked Marazzo but looks like Mahindra is not interested in selling it. 3-4 calls and they don't respond at all. Any other option do I have? Nope.

I have gone ahead and booked Ertiga Zxi+ and now waiting for delivery. Ertiga fits bill perfectly and in fact I am saving money. Hope I will get car by Diwali, fingers crossed.
aniketi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 19:35   #19
BHPian

First of all, if your 5 year old Ertiga only had less to normal usage (say about 40k - 50k kms until now), then holding it a few more years would make a better economic sense. Every rupee you did not spend is every rupee you save.

But if you really are determined to get yourself a new one, then, read on:

Ertiga is the best pick for your criteria. I would leave XL6 out for the following reasons:

- Just a bit of bling and trying to be something more, which it is not IMO. Ertiga looks understated and elegant
- More price for (almost) the same car. You can use the extra price for fuel and other nice stuff
- One less seat officially
- Ertiga has 60:40 2nd row split, whereas XL6 has only 50:50 due to captain seats
- too many unwanted plastic claddings all over the body just to bloat

Though I am not a fan of exceeding the planned budget, there are certain things XL6 has which Ertiga doesn't (the main one I think is the cruise control). I would let you decide if the extra costs justify the extra features of XL6 in your personal situation.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 7th May 2021 at 19:45. Reason: Removed a comparison table to simplify reading
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 21:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

You clearly don't want a humongous 7-seater. So, easy choice- Ertiga or XL6. It is a better car than the model you have.

As other members ask- why upgrade? (especially you're only getting a slightly better car with the new Ertiga/XL6) Save the $$$ and you can go for a nicer car like the Safari/XUV/Alcazar etc in 4-5 years time.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 22:10   #21
BHPian

From your post, it's quite evident that you are happy with Marutis fuss free service and reliability. I vouch for the same too as you definitely can't go wrong with one.
Looking at your requirement with a sub 10L ex showroom price, the new Ertiga just makes sense. It's a good upgrade over the previous gen in everyway as mentioned by the others.

If you can slightly increase your budget, I'd personally recommend the S Cross. It's a lovely car and is really nice in its petrol avatar. I can vouch for this as I got my hands on one last month. (Yet to be delivered thanks to the lockdown and RTO delays in Bangalore). The driveability of this 1.5L K Series is really good. It builds good progressive pace after having driven the engine around quite a bit. (Ciaz)
You can consider the XL6 too. Check out Leoshashi' thread on the ownership.
advenk999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 16:42   #22
BHPian

Like GTO said, you are selling too early. And you won't feel like you have gained much after the new acquisition because your current budget is limited . Keep the current car for a few more years, and invest those EMIs . Even after tax , they will give you a tidy sum which you can use for a proper upgrade after maybe three to five years.
eyeman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 18:33   #23
BHPian

Reading your initial prompt, I feel you have 2 non-negotiable constraints -
1. Ex-showroom - 10 L
2. Tax saving due to this lease program.

Am I correct in assuming the above ?

Can you further share if you are allowed to retain the current Ertiga or not by your lease program conditions?

This will enable the group members to help you with a better answer.
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 22:14   #24
BHPian

I guess you should go with an Ertiga/XL6 only. And maybe if you’re fine with a 5-seater, do check out the WR-V diesel as well. It’s fairly powerful and very spacious.
NarediAni7518 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 09:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
1. Ex-showroom - 10 L

Can you further share if you are allowed to retain the current Ertiga or not by your lease program conditions?

My current vehicle has no bearing on the company leased vehicle. However, I will have to give the organization 15% of the new car's value to take possession. My plan was to sell the current Eritga and pay the 15% from there, Invest the rest somewhere.
Old 10th May 2021, 09:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
1. Ex-showroom - 10 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
You clearly don't want a humongous 7-seater. So, easy choice- Ertiga or XL6. It is a better car than the model you have.

As other members ask- why upgrade? (especially you're only getting a slightly better car with the new Ertiga/XL6) Save the $$$ and you can go for a nicer car like the Safari/XUV/Alcazar etc in 4-5 years time.
Most of the members are right in assuming this - no reason to upgrade other than just the novelty of a new vehicle as Chandigarh offers a variety of weekend getaways. My new role is WFH and lot more flexible and hence I plan to do a lot of leisure travel, something that I missed in Mumbai. All I did was few Goa,Pune,Shirdi/Nasik. Want to catch up ;-)

However, I am also aligned with others that I am not getting much of an upgrade :-(
womanonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 02:12   #27
BHPian

Here is the thing, Maruti spoils you with their after sale services, easy availability of parts & economical maintenance costs.. I would recommend going for Ertiga/XL6, they fit your bill perfectly & they don't loose a whole lot of value overtime
GuyBurnsFuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 23:10   #28
BHPian

ok - so my budget has gone up to 15. As much as I am tempted to buy a lower variant of XUV700 or Scorpion, the mileage and maintenance is still a lot.

I don't wish to buy Brezza or Seltos or Creta. I am keen on the new 2022 Vitara or the Toyota Hyryder.

any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks