Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2021, 15:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: New or used car for 25 lakhs | Which one should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Go for the Fortuner if you want an SUV, drive on bad roads, love that macho + butch stance, 3rd row of seats & need something for abuse, but at the cost of ride comfort & driving pleasure (although the Fortuner does offer a different kind of driving satisfaction).
Endeavour tends to beat Fortuner on interiors and ride quality as far as I can see. Fortuner scores in entirely other areas - cheaper service costs, abuse friendly etc. Might find another 2.0 Endeavour or even a used 3.2 (which would be even better, speaking as a new owner of a used 2018 3.2)?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 10:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Go for the Superb if you want driving pleasure + luxury + comfy ride quality, but will put up with the issues & gremlins, of which there will be plenty once the car ages. Go for the Fortuner if you want an SUV, drive on bad roads, love that macho + butch stance, 3rd row of seats & need something for abuse, but at the cost of ride comfort & driving pleasure
I probably will put the Endeavour in between both of these. The mighty ford when compared to Fortuner looks better, drives better (especially the 3.2), feels more luxurious, is built better (not significantly though), and of course, off-roads better.

However, how can we even compare a ladder frame muscular SUV and a super comfort super fun driving sedan. Is it even an apple to apple comparison?

Anyday, ever, a sedan will always be more comfortable, will be miles ahead in ride and handling, compared to an SUV.

The choice between a sedan and SUV totally depends on the need and not the budget. The weight of the wallet is irrelevant here.
Old 16th August 2021, 10:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Superb vs Fortuner
Is this a valid line of thinking?
This is definitely not a valid line of thinking. Not an apple to apple comparison - SUV vs Sedan.

This is the right comparison
1. Superb vs Camry (vs C class vs 3 series vs A4 vs XE)
(or)
2. Fortuner vs Kodiaq/Allspace (vs Endeavour vs Gloster vs X1 vs GLA vs Q3 vs XC40)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks