Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2022, 15:16   #31
BHPian

Re: Keep or sell a 10 year aged 155k driven Honda Accord?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Curious what you did with the Accord. In my case I have a 2011 Accord too - though an Automatic that has done 148,000 kms. I plan to keep it for the cull 15 years as I dont see any alternative vehicles that offer the same space. I also have a 2012 Automatic Sonata and an Innova but the space on offer in accord is intoxicating.
Once you sit in this car the space you get is addictive.
Maybe a carnival will have similar space..I know the Innova feels a bit like a hatchback once I drive it after having a spin in the accord. (4.5 vs 4.9 meter length and 1.7 vs 1.8 m width do feel different)
I have done a few important upgrades too - got the cracked leather repaired, changed to white LEDs inside and headlamps. These make a ton of a difference.
Finally got the mats upgraded with these as that made a big difference to the look inside.
try these and the car will look and feel very different
Hey Buffetfan, we are still using the Accord. It is close to 175,000 kms now. We plan on replacing the same next year as there are some major repairs on going in our building and there are all sorts of parking issues and we would want to avoid getting a new vehicle at the moment. However I plan to personally retain the Accord and put it to use as a project car. One thing about the vehicle apart from the space is, it is extremely reliable. Have certain things in mind about the interior and exterior like the following:
Attached Images

BHPjunkie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 16:33   #32
BHPian

One of my Uncle has a 12 year old Accord V6 in Hyderabad and a good FNG who can source parts. It has already covered 355k km and it is the tourer of choice in spite of having a BMW 330i and Innova in the garage. Due to the huge space and comfort of this Yankee Barge.
hondatoyotafan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 23:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPjunkie View Post
Hey Buffetfan, we are still using the Accord. It is close to 175,000 kms now. We plan on replacing the same next year as there are some major repairs on going in our building and there are all sorts of parking issues and we would want to avoid getting a new vehicle at the moment. However I plan to personally retain the Accord and put it to use as a project car. One thing about the vehicle apart from the space is, it is extremely reliable. Have certain things in mind about the interior and exterior like the following:
These 19 inch alloys look intoxicating but my herniated l4-l5 and l5-s1 discs feel sore already thinking of the ride quality :-)
Old 20th September 2022, 00:05   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Even if you stick with the dealer and pay 1L+ it’s peanuts compared to replacing the vehicle entirely, still if you do go ahead I’d say get the Camry Hybrid it’ll be as fuel efficient as the diesels and will have much better nvh, battery is backed by a long warranty as well. Water wading no sedan really is designed for it, having said that I’ve been in deep water with the accord that almost reached the bonnet height and still made it through without any damage. Cheers.
Hey, I've been looking for a project car for a while now. I previously owned a Skoda Laura 1.8 with a stage 2 remap. Now I'm looking for an Accord or a Camry (2013, Loved the design). Not looking for a Fast car but a nice old-school boat-like Sedan. How's your experience been with the accord?

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2022 at 07:00. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 20th September 2022, 00:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanvxrma View Post
Hey, I've been looking for a project car for a while now. I previously owned a Skoda Laura 1.8 with a stage 2 remap. Now I'm looking for an Accord or a Camry (2013, Loved the design). Not looking for a Fast car but a nice old-school boat-like Sedan. How's your experience been with the accord?
I’ve got nothing but praise for the Accord, has enough power, very reliable, excellent space, couldn’t be happier. Cheap to maintain and easy to drive, I’d say get it over the Camry as the latter isn’t put together as nicely (specially interior plastics) and only got 2 airbags vs 6 in the Accord. Accord also has much nicer steering feedback.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 00:26   #36

Quote:
I’ve got nothing but praise for the Accord, has enough power, very reliable, excellent space, couldn’t be happier. Cheap to maintain and easy to drive, I’d say get it over the Camry as the latter isn’t put together as nicely (specially interior plastics) and only got 2 airbags vs 6 in the Accord. Accord also has much nicer steering feedback.
Thank you. I'll be going with the accord only then
Karanvxrma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 18:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPjunkie View Post
However I plan to personally retain the Accord and put it to use as a project car.
Gotta say, the car still looks very up-to-date! When you have a moment, could you PM me where you sourced the taillights from? They look great.
Old 2nd December 2022, 21:49   #38
GST
BHPian

Quote:
Experts here could please offer their views on any advanced safety system that has become commonplace in cars manufactured in 2022 which might be missing in 2011 Accord? I am interested in knowing any technological advances electronically missing in 2011 Accord compared to vehicles say 2022 Taigun or XUV300?T Thanks.
Old 2nd December 2022, 23:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GST View Post
I am interested in knowing any technological advances electronically missing in 2011 Accord compared to vehicles say 2022 Taigun or XUV300?T Thanks.
There have been advances but they’re mainly limited to the flagship S/7 series of the German makes, things like autonomous driver assist features (evasive steering assist, auto braking, adaptive cruise, etc), rear forward facing airbags, pedestrian airbags, suspension lifting up just before a side impact (Audi A8), seatbelt airbags, etc.

Between the Accord and XUV 300 there’s nothing new, if anything the 300 might be missing one or two things (check for ESP and 6 airbags). I might add that you’re comparing small subcompact crossovers to a mid size sedan which is much larger/heavier, so in a crash it will fare better owing to its heavier mass (lighter body experiences higher G forces in a crash).
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks