Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 11:17   #61
BHPian

Re: Booked Sonet, no sign of delivery for 5 more months, back to search! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhbb View Post
On 28th Oct, after taking numerous TD of XUV 300, Nexon and Sonet...all Petrol non-manual variants, we finally booked Sonet DCT. Yay!

Today, 3rd Dec, came to know that Delivery is pushed to April. Nay. :(

Honestly don't want to wait that long.
Thanks a ton!
Quick thought- have you explored Duster turbo petrol CVT, or the other options in that brand?
Old 6th December 2021, 12:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
For someone who is going to stay at the same place for another 5-6 years, experimentation can be done. For us bankers, where next location is unknown, it's better to stick to tried and tested brands. Then again, it's a personal opinion and exceptions will definitely be there.
But aren't you going with the new entrant KIA? I know it is selling in big numbers, but do they have a good service presence like Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra, or Tata?
Old 6th December 2021, 15:34   #63
BHPian

I as well live in Bangalore, and if roads around your work/home are acceptable. Honda City petrol-AT is better in every sense than Kia/Hyundai cousins. comfortable, spacious, reliable and there is always an aura about the city, which Korean cousins just don't have.
abtyagi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
But aren't you going with the new entrant KIA? I know it is selling in big numbers, but do they have a good service presence like Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra, or Tata?
I am. However, it's got more to do with the fact that Kia and Hyundai are effectively the same company with different names. I may be wrong here. However, the sheer volumes done by the Kia twins means parts may be more easily available than say a VW or a Skoda. Kia, atleast in Chandigarh tricity, is held by Joshi group (Joshi Hyundai, Joshi Kia) and they have a impeccable service record. VW and Skoda horror stories are a separate stuff. That's one gamble I'll take.
Old 6th December 2021, 22:23   #65
BHPian

I reside at a place where powerful SUV with high ground clearance is the norm (rural Gurgaon). However, of late I am seeing lots of new S-cross in my area (with HR26 number plates). Also, during my recent visits in UP, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand I could see similar cases- S-cross being used by localities.

S-cross is presently the most good looking and capable car of Maruti Suzuki in my opinion. It is doubtful whether all the features of the new S-cross published/ leaked from foreign countries would be made available for India. And I didn't like the new look.

Can you increase the budget and consider the Kushaq/ Taigun 1.0 AT with the sunroof?

Though we are getting good highways and expressways, somehow the city roads (main arterial roads and sector roads/ branch roads) are deteriorating due to poor maintenance, lack of proper infrastructure (causing frequent waterlogging/ flooding/ stagnant drainage water), unplanned expansion of the city boundaries, heavy trucks and goods carriages running everywhere, never-ending construction works, unscientific and unmarked speed breakers everywhere (pressure of local population+local politics) etc. I don't see our city roads improving in near to mid-term. Hence I would avoid low ground clearance cars like city (though the new city looks very sharp).

Last edited by RijuC : 6th December 2021 at 22:27.
Old 9th December 2021, 12:19   #66
BHPian

Thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts.

Seeing the alternatives and overall shortage situation, I feel it's prudent to stick with my Sonet booking itself. It's a car we liked after a long search and no point to take a short term decision for long term realisation.
anirudhbb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 13:21   #67
BHPian

In case you are looking for a car which you can get in 1 month under ₹15 lacs, I would suggest you to look at Kicks CVT. The CVT is awesome to drive and transmission is very good. Though it may not have lot of new bells and whistles but nonetheless overall features are quite good at the price point. There are lot of December discounts and if you press hard you can get a sweeter deal. IMHO you should definitely check it out and do a test drive.
Old 2nd May 2022, 16:15   #68
BHPian

I'm bringing this thread back alive, for a reason - April is gone and still no concrete info on the Delivery of my Sonet HTX DCT Petrol version. :(

It's been more than 6 months since I booked and I have been told that DCT variant there is no sign of delivery for another 2-3 months at least here in Bangalore.

My current Wagon-R is due for all 4 tyre changes and now am confused about whether to get the tyres to change or not as I was keen to dispose of it and in the hope to get another car.

Or any other option I should now look?
My original budget was Max 15 Lacs on-road, here in Bangalore. Prefer Petrol, Automatic. But now I am also somewhat exploring at Manual or IMT if that increase chances of early delivery.

Ruled out -

Nexon - AMT is bad, feels very congested
Venue - doesn't feel like CSUV
XUV 300 - overpriced, the really jaded infotainment is difficult to ignore

Can extend by 5 lacs to 20 Lacs if I am able to get more bang for the buck...in this my options increase to -

Seltos
Creta
Kushaq
Astor

But again, not sure about the waiting period for the above.

What would you do in my place?
Old 2nd May 2022, 17:38   #69
BHPian

All the cars that you mentioned above have a relatively higher wait period with Creta DCT now reaching upto 8 months is what I have heard. Why dont you call and discuss with the dealer if there is any other varient of Sonet available which he can allot like the iMT or the MT varient?
Old 2nd May 2022, 19:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Would buy a car that satisfy the needs without considering the body style. One of the main criteria I had while buying a car was - no or less than a month waiting period. Only car that satisfied that criteria along with other must to have needs were Honda City. Got the car in 4 days post booking By the way, I got my first car the very next day of booking.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 19:12   #71
Senior - BHPian

+1 to the above advice. Let go of this obsession with CSUV and buy a proper sedan. They look elegant and represent better value than CSUVs at this point. Buy a Verna or City.
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
0. Safety
1. Automatic/AT/CVT/DCT
2. Sunroof
3. Space
4. Good ground-clearance
5. Driving pleasure - I love driving and we used to take 3-4 road trips a year pre-covid.
6. Reliable car, reliable brand (have had Maruti all my life)
7. Low maintenance
I wonder how did you choose Sonet if your top most priority is safety? And I still wonder how you Sonet if space is a deal breaker for you because Sonet is the last on safety and worst on rear seat space.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 16:05   #73
BHPian

I read the entire thread from beginning to end and here are my 2 cents. I'd not suggest a single car as such, but since you've waited for a painfully long time, my recommendation would be to check out which of the cars and their corresponding variants you're fine with. I'd then check out the waiting periods of each (I for a fact know that S-Cross manual variants have less than a month's waiting period when I checked for a friend less than a month ago).

1. S-Cross Zeta AT - the thread has multiple people recommending the car - the interiors do feel drab and it is missing a sun-roof but you're also getting more "car". Just curious if you've driven the car. I was against it too until I took a TD of it.

2. City V CVT - Cannot go wrong with this either. If the V variant is sufficient for you, it fits the bill.

3. Verna SX IVT - underrated and sort of invisible after the City and Slavia fuss. You get a sunroof, you get nice ride and handling, it has looks that may be to your liking or feel like it's too blingy, and if I remember correctly, the SX variant comes with a sunroof (if you're okay with not having rear adjustable headrests).

Like advised by some before, you can keep the booking of the Sonet and see what is likely to come home first.

Quote:
I'm bringing this thread back alive, for a reason - April is gone and still no concrete info on the Delivery of my Sonet HTX DCT Petrol version. :(

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd May 2022 at 20:47. Reason: Trimmed quote. Edits added. Deleting next post.
Old 3rd May 2022, 23:55   #74
sal
BANNED

Quote:

I would go for the Skoda Slavia, if I was in your place:
good ground clearance, good boot space, good interiors, good handling (SUVS dont have the best handling imho)
Old 4th May 2022, 11:18   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB10 View Post
All the cars that you mentioned above have a relatively higher wait period with Creta DCT now reaching upto 8 months is what I have heard. Why dont you call and discuss with the dealer if there is any other varient of Sonet available which he can allot like the iMT or the MT varient?
Been following-up since booking, even open to other Variants, no concrete delivery timelines. And if i change/add a trim its considered a new booking so the waiting period will start afresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Would buy a car that satisfy the needs without considering the body style. One of the main criteria I had while buying a car was - no or less than a month waiting period. Only car that satisfied that criteria along with other must to have needs were Honda City. Got the car in 4 days post booking By the way, I got my first car the very next day of booking.
Been looking at sedans, yesterday saw Slavia, honestly, CSUV/SUVS ingress/egress is so much easier than Sedans. It also feels more roomy and airy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I wonder how did you choose Sonet if your top most priority is safety? And I still wonder how you Sonet if space is a deal breaker for you because Sonet is the last on safety and worst on rear seat space.
Initially, Nexon was on my mind from safety perspective, but after trying Sonet, changed to Sonet. Rear-seat my family didn't find any issues as such. We have a wagon-r for a long time, so ANY car in the segment above will be a massive upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal View Post
I would go for the Skoda Slavia, if I was in your place:
good ground clearance, good boot space, good interiors, good handling (SUVS dont have the best handling imho)
We had gone to see Kushaq yesterday, outside they had 6 Slavia for TD, so clearly they are going all in on this car. Unfortunately due to Akshay Trithitya, all their staff was busy with deliveries and few were on leave. Hence couldnt get TD for either Kushaq and Slavia.

We did see inside of both, Kushaq first...then Slavia...Kushaq is unmatched in all aspects compared to Slavia.
anirudhbb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks