Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 23:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Looking for a worthy & reliable replacement for my Fiat Linea T-Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
If van type cars have made it to your list, then Crysta should be top of your list. I don't recommend the Safari to anyone these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
As an unreliable but worthy replacement, an option was to look for a pre-owned diesel car from one of the German trios that are getting sold aplenty from the NCR area.
Thank you for the honest response. I really appreciate it.

The breakdowns of the T Jet + the need for more space in the cabin (second row) were the main reasons for looking for a replacement. Therefore going for VAG cars of (somewhat) similar size and of similar service related / reliability issues didn't appeal to me.

Not that I didn't look at the Crysta. But my assessment was that it was worse than Safari in the driving dept and also thrifty with features, while being significantly more expensive (but with great resale value).

Safari & XUV700 looked good with their space, build, safety, driving dynamics (nowhere near T Jet, though) and features. At a lower price point too. Since XUV700 has unrealistic waiting period, I opted for the Safari. I hope you are getting a drift of my thought process.

But I am feeling insecure with the plan now.

The problem is that the staff at Tata showroom is saying the car is likely to be allotted by next week
sparameswaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 15:11   #62
BHPian

The deal is almost done now.
Was informed yesterday night (9:30pm) by the showroom that the car has been allotted. Took just over a week.

VIN shared with me shows it is August 2022 manufactured vehicle.

Discussed at length the issues reported by owners of Harrier & Safari with the showroom staff I am dealing with.
He claims these issues are no longer there for past few batches of the car. Says there will not be any trouble, whatsoever. I know he will (cannot) say anything else, otherwise he will not be the sales business.

Can back out even now, but not feeling right about it.

Last edited by sparameswaran : 6th August 2022 at 15:24.
sparameswaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 21:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post

Can back out even now, but not feeling right about it.
End of it it’s your decision based on your preferences and priorities. So if you are happy with the buy, you shouldn’t bother much.
The only surprising element is your preferences in the beginning vs the final selection. But then you buy what you like, cannot really expect others to buy in to it.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 22:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
The only surprising element is your preferences in the beginning vs the final selection.
Even I didn't expect I will end up here, to be honest.

Not exactly a decision from heart; this is a 'compromise' arrived at due to multiple considerations, most of which I described earlier.

Your views were quite insightful, thank for pitching in.
sparameswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:58   #65
BHPian

A bit late to the post. I've owned a lot of Fiats including 2 Linea Tjets. I loved the Tjet for everything it offered.

I wish you had considered the Skoda Kodiaq. It's a supremely comfortable car, right upgrade from Linea, great highway cruiser, very spacious and you get Skoda's extended ASS. I've owned one and it was a gem. Always regret letting it go and always on the lookout for a good pre used one !
vinay_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:48   #66
BHPian

Thank you, everyone who pitched in with suggestions and recommendations.

I took delivery of my Tata Safari XZA+ KZR (7 seater) on 19th August (Friday), though it was not something recommended by many.

So, the matter is over for now.

Yet to drive even 100kms in the car, but have enough to share and discuss about the car and purchase experience

Shall do it eventually.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks