Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 12:18   #16

re: New VW Virtus GT vs Demo VW T-Roc?

Cons:
- 6k on a TD vehicle is a bit much (I couldn’t even get a TD before buying the Troc)
- 26L is quite a crappy deal in this situation
- Potential abuse on the TD vehicle

Pros: Troc far superior drive than Virtus

Longshot- ask the dealer to spot you with EV +4years if heart set on the Troc. In this situation added EV could be much more valuable than saving money upfront.
sinhank97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 14:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think the verdict is pretty much unanimous and I am also of the same opinion that Demo car is always avoidable at any cost. In my view I wouldnt care for all the extended warranty you get, it saves you the money but not the pain of car breaking down, having to take it to A.S.S and then having to manage without car for days or weeks.

Since this is a VW and too a discontinued model, why risk it so much. Stick with Virtus, you get better space as well with some compromises.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 14:26   #18
BHPian

Even though a T-Roc is a better car than Virtus (only the build and nothing else), its still a demo car. So AVOID T-Roc.
The other reasons are
1. T-Roc (at least in India) is not an active model in India. VW will stop selling T-Roc due to the arrival of Taigun.
2. You already mentioned few important points that you dislike about T-Roc. So why choose a car with compromises?
3. Finally, 26L is too much for a demo T-Roc that costs aprox. 26.5L on-road for a new one. It is ONLY worth even considering if it costs below =<20L.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 15:43   #19
BHPian

Thank you all for your valuable inputs, much appreciated. Like many of you suggested, the deal only makes sense at 20 ish lakhs. After some initial negotiations with the GM, I don’t think the dealership is willing to come down much on the price of the T Roc. Also, as I will be phasing out my Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI in the near future and replace it with a crossover/hatch, I feel that the primary car should be big on space. Hence I have all but dropped the plan of the T Roc.

I have been told by my SA that a reflex silver Virtus GT would be available by month end. But I have refused the offer and (im)patiently waiting for the candy white Virtus GT.
dr.delete is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:22   #20
BHPian

Re: New VW Virtus GT vs Demo VW T-Roc?

Demo car, that too a model which hadn't sold too well from a company with not the best reliability IMO, DQ200 for crying out loud. No no if you ask me. Too many things to possibly go wrong
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks