Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Which new car for Home-to-Office commuting | Budget of 15-18 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2894 View Post
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

A couple of points to get more specific with the requirements-
All your requirements are pointing towards the City. You can go with VX CVT and save few bucks as well. Expect 9-10 kmpl in Gurgaon traffic. The only thing I am concerned about is size, if you are comfortable with that then this is your best alternative.

I would recommend you stay away from any 1 L Turbos as they won’t be able to provide the necessary cooling in this Delhi heat even with ventilated seats. Avoid DCTs as well due to heavy traffic usage - stick to CVT or Torque Converter units.

Another good alternate can be the S-Cross - although it misses out on 4-6 airbags and the current 4-speed TC might be a little less enthusiastic for you. However it will provide a very comfortable office commute.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:47   #17
BHPian

Sedan Recommendation - Skoda Slavia, I hear that you would not want a regular car considering you want anything but that is common, so have a go at it, test drive once before you decide

SUV Recommendation - Hector Shine CVT - though mileage in Delhi to GGN will be 7-8 kmpl

CrossSUV - testdrive the MG Astor, has got all bells and whistles and has got a great appeal
M.Dua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:01   #18
BANNED

As a Nexon EV user for two years, this is a no brainer, just go for EV.
1. I use it for Home Office Home commute, I charge in office and that translates to 0 cost for travel.
2. My office is in Bellanduru, and that's the hotspot for traffic snarls, there is no idle wastage to speak off.
3. You can enjoy the quick acceleration when gaps do open up during commute.
4. Did I say free charging in office!!!
DarthVeda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:08   #19
BHPian

Tata Nexon EV is a no brainer. Nexon EV is just apt for your intended application. It is quick, silent, comfy, very easy to manoeuvre and has very low running costs.
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:27   #20
BHPian

It's a no brainer, the Nexon electric! Fits your garage and purpose spot-on.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:41   #21
BHPian

OP has already ruled out EVs due to his dwelling constraints. Please stop suggesting Nexon EV without reading whole thread!

On the other hand I am surprised no has suggested i20 IVT/turbo iMT It’s modern, smooth great feature set. Overall a very good city car. Magnite/Kiger CVT turbo are also very good options apart from Honda City CVT.
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 23:23   #22

OP, since you want an automatic, decent economy at low speed, city rides and adequate space. I've listed a few petrol and diesel auto cars.
1. Baleno/Glanza - you'd be surprised at its space and fuel economy. Add to it the ease of maintenance, and reliability, this can be a solid choice.
2. S-cross/Ciaz - same as above, a little compromise on fuel economy but with added interior space and premium feel
3. City CVT - my colleague owns one and gets only single digit fuel economy in Chennai, but extreme reliability and a 2bhk level space at rear can make you change your mind. Revving to 7k rpm is quite fun too

Diesel
Very sad that there's not many diesel auto engines. Check for Venue/Sonet 1.5 Diesel TC unit, that has commendable fuel economy and can tick many of your boxes, is also fun to ride than a petrol CVT, pulls like a bull because of the sweet diesel torque.
If you like AMT then look at Nexon Diesel and XUV 300, haven't driven them personally but I'd give it a try.
Old 23rd June 2022, 00:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:

2. In terms of features, 4-6 Airbags are must have, would be great to have ventilated seats, physical dials instead of touch based AC controls, smooth automatic with minimal rubber band effect.. Others like Sunroof etc are not a priority at all

3. Hyundai Verna is good but severely space constrained.

5. Also, I cannot wait for 3-4 months for the delivery. Hence, the quicker the better.
These requirements point towards City.

Another option that you can consider is XUV 300 W8(o) Automatic. It isn’t as common as creta/Seltos. XUV 300 is sufficiently feature loaded and has great safety score to boot plus it isn’t as long as c segment sedans but is wider than them which results in easy navigation in traffic without compromising on space within car. I found turbo petrol AMT to be a good performer as well.
One downer with XUV 300 is Boot space which shouldn’t be an issue for you since you have an endeavour.

Dealer will quote you 3 months of Waiting period but you should get it in 1-2 months.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 23rd June 2022 at 00:36.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:25   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

A couple of points to get more specific with the requirements-

1. Will not be able to go for EV due to our current dwellings

2. In terms of features, 4-6 Airbags are must have, would be great to have ventilated seats, physical dials instead of touch based AC controls, smooth automatic with minimal rubber band effect.. Others like Sunroof etc are not a priority at all

3. Hyundai Verna is good but severely space constrained.

4. Although I am a fan of the Creta and the Seltos, I am not looking to get something extremely common on Delhi roads.

5. Also, I cannot wait for 3-4 months for the delivery. Hence, the quicker the better.
In light of new requirements, how about getting the Sonet diesel AT/petrol IMT ? It's sub 4 meter, perfect for city commutes, has great engine and gearboxes and all of your above feature requirements. I would avoid the city due to its long length for city commutes.
CR07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:56   #25
BHPian

Hyundai i20 with an iMT would qualify for your use-case. Small hatch will suit your daily commute and the standard safety features would give you peace of mind as well. It would be comfortable for 4 adults, 5th would be a really tight squeeze.

Pick the N-Line variant to spice up your weekends with couple of lakhs still left in your pocket.
ramji_or is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 16:17   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak77 View Post
Knowing how bad the traffic is in the capital city of India, I always suggest to go for something which is small, quick and is easily manoeuvrable. Considering you don’t want the hatchbacks, and keeping in mind all the features you enlisted, Hyundai Verna is a perfect choice but again the space constraint will be a big issue for you. If you can stretch your budget a little, you can buy the Elantra and I don’t think you can go wrong with that car. Nearly 17 lakhs for the Verna so you can also look at more options like the mammoth Harrier or a MG Astor. I would ask you to stay away from the German brands because 25km daily in bumper to bumper will cause troubles in the DSG gearbox. Plus these cars run better with higher octane fuel because normal petrol doesn’t suit them. All in all, a better package is the Creta but again its your taste and preference. I would suggest you to take a test drive of Harrier, Creta, Verna and Seltos. You don’t need want an EV but in my eyes, the Nexon EV is a great choice and will tick all the boxes.
Thanks for the advice! Do the Creta and Astor come with ventilated seats? I guess it is becoming a must have feature for me
Old 25th June 2022, 13:43   #27

Hi all
Thanks a lot for your inputs
I was also evaluating Kia Seltos
Do u think Diesel AT would be better option over the Petrol CVT?
As per my research the HTK Plus Diesel AT comes with ventilated seats
Pls share your views

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks