Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice?
Hyundai i20 N Line 135 72.97%
Hyundai Venue N Line 50 27.03%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2022, 12:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai N Line siblings | i20 N Line vs Venue N Line | Which would you choose & why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Relevant enough to derive a 200 worded comment from you.
It goes to prove that your comments were intended to just get a reaction from others .

Though, your comment is still irrelevant -
- You are comparing i20 N line with Polo GT, on a post specific to the new N line variant of Venue vs its other N line cousin.
- You are talking about a car that has been discontinued in Apr 2022

Quote:
Anyway, to each its own. Having said that, good interiors or coloured body panels don't make for a better driving experience, it makes for a better traveling experience.
Driving experience is more than just pretty colors and interiors; I was referring to the additional features that make for a better driving experience.

Quote:
N-line wouldn't see sales number that Polo GT ever had, I think that says everything in the debate of engine vs features.
Hypothetical (and irrelevant) at best. i20 has already beaten Polo in sales, and N line came out about an year ago in a market dominated by SUVs, unlike Polo GT which had a long tenure dominating a different type of market at a different time.

Everything in the world (including the automobile market) obeys the Darwinian idea of "Survival of the fittest", and it seems Polo and its GT variant were unable to adapt and make the cut in this tough Indian market. So just to quote you back "I think that says everything in the debate of engine vs features."

Hoping to see them back soon with an updated version of Polo which VW fans in India deserve.

Last edited by akshaysehgal : 17th October 2022 at 12:38.
akshaysehgal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:33   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyundai N Line siblings | i20 N Line vs Venue N Line | Which would you choose & why?

Well, I'm not sure why the Polo should be brought into the conversation while we are discussing the i20 vs Venue N-line. Needs and priorities differ between consumers. One person's 'crap' could be another's prized possession. Let's save that discussion for the right page probably, and not insult other's preferences.
Specifically on the i20 vs Venue N-line, while the added Ground Clearance is a boon for anybody with senior citizens in the family, the i20 feels more spacious & exclusive and makes for more of a different experience from the regular i20. Also, I'd prefer a hatchback that looks like a hatchback instead of a hatchback on stilts (more of a gripe against the Venue itself).
I kind of like both these cars for what they offer, but I were to only pick between these two, I'd choose the i20 N-line.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:45   #18
BHPian

Voted for i20. It has got looks, dynamically superior and looks spicy in the N line trim and also cheaper than Venue.

The Venue looks too cheesy with those red inserts and I cant digest that grill.

No offense to anyone, IMHO besides practicality I cant appreciate these sub 4M chopped crossovers as their design looks incomplete to my eyes (Except Ecosport).
Senna_sempre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 17:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna_sempre View Post

No offense to anyone, IMHO besides practicality I cant appreciate these sub 4M chopped crossovers as their design looks incomplete to my eyes (Except Ecosport).
I completely agree. Some sub-4m cars look too quirky to me. Proper hatchbacks, like the i20, look better put together. Even the polarizing i20 rear grows on you.

For instance, the XUV 3OO looks like someone took an axe to the rear, while the current Amaze looks like it ran face-first into a wall. Not to say that they look ugly, just quirky.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 12:45   #20
BHPian

Own the i20 NLine and voted for it. She is a hoot to drive and really spacious in the inside. I don't like pseudo SUVs - would rather get a proper SUV instead of one that pretends to be one.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai N Line siblings | i20 N Line vs Venue N Line | Which would you choose & why?-img20221007wa0015.jpg  

johy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:16   #21

Choosing between the i20 N Line and the regular Venue and other CSUVs was a tough decision for me since the Venue N Line was not available at the time of booking. However, I ultimately decided on the i20 N Line, and I still feel that it was the best choice for me and my driving habits.

Compared to the Venue N Line, I felt that the i20 N Line is a better handling car with better design and better value for money. It also has a larger screen, Bose speakers, and is more spacious and premium.

While the Venue N Line has some advantages such as 20mm more ground clearance, 60/40 seats, and inbuilt dashcams, I don't think there's much that differentiates it from the regular Venue DCT or the Sonet. Additionally, the Venue N Line's premium on-road price of 16.90 Lakh makes it more sensible to go for something like a Skoda Kushaq instead.

Ultimately, it comes down to what's important to you as a driver. If you value a more premium vehicle, better driveability, and a car that is easier on your wallet, then the i20 N Line may be the better option for you.
Old 16th March 2023, 21:23   #22
BHPian

If the reason to choose a N-line over the regular variant is driving dynamics, then Venue N is not even a comparison to the i20 N. A hatchback will any day be way more fun than a crossover. And the i20 N costs a good 2 lakhs cheaper than the Venue N. What more you want?
Old 16th March 2023, 21:34   #23
BHPian

If I were to choose between these two it will be the i20 over venue for reasons such as:- improved driving dynamics, cheaper, likely to be a better performer with less kerb weight and can seat three at the back.
Old 16th March 2023, 21:37   #24
BHPian

Didn't know the Venue had electric seats. An absolute must have on cars costing 10 L and above - I'm looking at you, Slavia!

Voted for the i20. The Venue isn't too bad either, but I'd prefer stiffer handling dynamics over GC or boot space. Or electric seats, if push comes to shove!
Old 17th March 2023, 02:27   #25
BHPian

Strictly from a aesthetics standpoint, the Venue N line looks too busy. Whereas the i20 N line, even in that blue avatar, looks tastefully done. Although I do hate the black roofliner on the i20 N Line- it makes the cabin looks even more claustrophobic.

Quick question to folks here - when I test drove the i20 N Line, I found the vibrations to be higher compared to the Venue N Line. Is that something others have felt too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks