Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2023, 22:53   #16

Search for a Used Car under Rs. 5 lakhs | Mumbai

Hello Team-BHPian's,

I'm looking for some guidance on buying pre-owned car with a budget around Rs. 5 lakhs which can be flexible +/- 10% based on car's condition or some really good deal.
So, the car would be a mostly daily driven within city limits (inner roads/highways).

Primary criteria:
Good mileage/ efficient running.
Low-cost maintenance/repairs.
Good resale value.

I am looking for some expert advice on which of the following shortlisted vehicles I should be considering
1. Maruti Suzuki Ciaz (2015) Petrol | Manual Transmission | 95k Odo reading | Single owner | Asking price: Rs. 5 lakhs
2. Maruti Suzuki Baleno (2016) Petrol | Manual Transmission | 60k Odo reading | Single owner | Asking price: Rs. 4.5 lakhs
3. Maruti Suzuki Baleno (2017) Petrol | Manual Transmission | 45k Odo reading | Single owner | Asking price: Rs. 5 lakhs

As the above listed are my primary choices, I’m ready to extend budget by 10% if I get a good deal on the following, I'm also open to explore Dzire but didn't find any listing in my budget.

I would like you guys to suggest which would be best choice and are above mentioned asking price are justified?

Also do suggest if you guys any valuable leads. (car dealers/aggregator platforms are having higher price tag and not ready to negotiate) So I would prefer to directly connect with any direct seller willing to sell his vehicle.

Thank You!
Hrishikesh
zoomzap89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 00:43   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Search for a Used Car under Rs. 5 lakhs | Mumbai

If you want to get the best bang for your buck in the used car market then you need to firstly move away from the market favourites. Given you are going to drive in Mumbai, You should consider an AT. The pricing of the Baleno is obnoxious. You can get a new Delta MT for 8.5 lakhs and an Ignis for much cheaper. Might as well get a new car because these 6-7 year old Marutis will bring their own set of expenses.

You should look at cars like-

1. Honda Jazz- Gets a CVT and is extremely spacious.
2. Honda Amaze- Cheaper than the Jazz and you might be lucky to grab the new gen CVT(post 2018)
3. Toyota Etios- Reliable and fuss free with oodles of space.
4. Volkswagen Vento/Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPi- reliable engine and gearbox. Safer, far for comfortable and cheap to procure unlike the TSis and TDis.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks