Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 21:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Which car can replace our Toyota Innova?

How did Honda city and slavia land as a replacement for the Innova ! The best replacement for you will be the xuv700. Both the diesel and petrol engines are punchy and fun to drive, even in AT. You and your family will love the space and features on offer. Though the 3rd is cramped for people above 5'5. The Xuv700 is the best bet provided that you are ok with the long list of waiting period. The car is easy to drive in the city and has good amount of road presence too and it has the x factor to make your neighbours jealous
MotorDev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 21:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

I recommended Hyryder to one of my colleagues who drive a 2,8 Auto Innova this evening. The reasoning is that 95% or more, he travels alone and on other occasions ( family of 3) everyone can fit in easily. And on once a Year trips where he needs a 6/ 7 seater, he can use the company car or simply rent a Taxi. Why chug such large vehicles daily when you are alone or as a couple?

I know it's hard to downshift but sometimes, it makes sense. He was using Ertiga before he picked Innova on my recommendation but where were such cars ( Grand Vitara/ Hyryder at that time? OP should consider smaller cars if the use case scenario is similar.

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd March 2023 at 21:53.
Old 24th March 2023, 00:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

You want : Length - Longer than 4.5 metres

Thar, slavia, city etc being considered as a serious replacement for the Innova. Is this car being bought for yourself or your dad? I think your dad wants a large automatic car while you want something sporty with some street cred.

I think the XUV700 would be a decent middle ground with both comfort, space and power while also being fun and engaging to drive. Mahindra definitely knows how to make driver's cars and it would be a nice change from your current Innova. Your dad will also be happy.

I'm currently waiting to take delivery of the hycross hybrid but I must say it's not as fun to drive as the XUV700 or even the Scorpio-N.
Old 24th March 2023, 08:56   #19
BHPian

My friend bought XUV 700 diesel last month and it seems to be apt replacement for the reliable Innova. Though Mahindras tend to have some tiny winy niggles, XUV 700 is far better game than its predecessors.

Its 3rd row seats are also manageable for 4-5 hour journey even for thin adults. Though, its large but drives like a car and feels far more plush than ever.

The materials are decent and drive quality is superior now so you can give it a go. The only challenge at the time is long waiting period however diesels are getting delivered sooner than petrol versions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks