Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2023, 16:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Go with the proven or wait for the new hotness - Tata Nexon

Dear knowledgeable patrons,

Thank you all for your valuable contributions and thoughts. As fate would have it, the universe has thrown a well polished spanner in my plans and has expressed its suggestion to me to wait for the new update and purchase the car in the holiday season.

Behold the spanner-

Go with the proven or wait for the new hotness - Tata Nexon-img_8430.jpeg

I was supposed to exchange this car. The culprit was a tailgating, mobile phone totting, seat belt hating Duster owner.

BTW, the product planners of United India Insurance should collectively slip on banana peels as not a single authorised TATA dealership in new delhi offers their cashless claims facility.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 18:46. Reason: Spacing.
Vkap257 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 17:14   #17
BHPian

My opinion is you wait for the update, which seems to be a pretty heavy one. 1.2 Turbo petrol will be worth the wait. Since you said, you prefer automatic too, chances are likely the new engine will be mated with DCT which will be significant ( if that happens ).

The downside is, since its a major upgrade, expect niggles in the initial year
enj0y_ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 20:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkap257 View Post
Dear esteemed members-
I am in a heavy dilemma and would love to hear all of your opinions to make an informed decision. I have just booked a Tata Nexon Petrol Automatic XMAS variant.
If you're considering an automatic option, it might be prudent to wait for the release of the Nexon facelift. There's a high likelihood that this refreshed version will feature a DCT transmission, providing a considerably more pleasurable driving encounter than the conventional AMT.
Caffeinated_Owl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 13:46   #19
BHPian

At the risk of putting up a left field option, Have you considered the Sonet HTK+ IMT ? I believe it drives as well as an AMT, has a sunroof, and should be in the 11.xx ballpark OTR, unless the recent hike has been very disporportionate to this variant. The only downside is a not-so-insignificant waiting period of about a few months.
crazydevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 07:07   #20

The thing about sales advisor is not knowing about upcoming facelifts is because still they have to sell the existing model until the facelift arrives, or else they will be out of sales. Hence, even if the sales advisor knows about an upcoming facelift unless until it's announced by the manufacturer, they will keep their mouth zipped and act as if they know nothing.
Old 18th April 2023, 08:28   #21
BHPian

Hey, if you can further stretch your budget in next 3-4 months wait for the new one. The new car will be coming with updated engine and gearbox most likely a DCA which will increase the price substantially.

The current product is a complete product and you can easily retrofit cruise control later once the warranty is over.
FlankerH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 16:01   #22

Good Day,
Let me say that I have delayed the purchase of the Nexon due to launch of the updated version shortly. I did this cause the current Nexon though a lovely vehicle is dated in looks but more importantly, the new version will come with an engine compatible with E20 fuel, having a more powerful engine with more torque.
This is important because in time, e20 engines will reduce maintenance as current engines and hoses used may get impacted to varying degrees of wear and tear.
God willing, if in a few years you can manage a higher budget, having an e20 vehicle will get you a better resale value.
Along with a E20 engine having more power, I think some more safety features will be added, especially airbags. These few updates are important for me.
I do not care for the sunroof on a personal level cause it's unsafe to have kids standing up, reduces the safety of the vehicle and a headache to rectify any defects if or when they occur.
It's finally you who have to decide, so all the best for that.
Cheers, Ajay.
Aj346 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 11:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Dear esteemed members-

I am in a heavy dilemma and would love to hear all of your opinions to make an informed decision. I have just booked a Tata Nexon Petrol Automatic XMAS variant.
----------
Mods please merge the post in the relevant thread if applicable.
Nothing to say from my end except that it seems like the Nexy will come out in July, but I love the way you write!
HartBandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 12:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
Nothing to say from my end except that it seems like the Nexy will come out in July, but I love the way you write!
Thank you sir! I feel like having some amount of knowledge is a double edged sword. We are always looking out for the next shiny thing and are never satisfied with what we have at hand currently. My wife has now pulled off the allotted budget in favour of an international trip. The wait for the new car has been shifted to early next year for the want of more funds. Also, I want the RC to reflect 2024 as manufacturing year instead of buying one in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post
At the risk of putting up a left field option, Have you considered the Sonet HTK+ IMT ? I believe it drives as well as an AMT, has a sunroof, and should be in the 11.xx ballpark OTR, unless the recent hike has been very disporportionate to this variant. The only downside is a not-so-insignificant waiting period of about a few months.
BROOO!! I followed your advice and the thing blew my mind! I test drove the GT variant iMT and everything that I asked for, every feature I pointed out in that top end model and wanted, was present in the lowly HTK+ variant. I didn’t mind the row-your-gears approach as long as that “don’t care, knee happy” sense prevailed. Also I think that for a quick jaunt to nearby hills, it’s better that I myself decide which gear I would like to be in. It even had the frickin remote start from car key feature! That alone sold me as I have this feature in my Creta and it is like Superman’s breath in sweltering Delhi heat.

So yes, I have finalised the Sonet. And yes, I am waiting for it’s facelift

Last edited by Vkap257 : 15th June 2023 at 12:57.
Vkap257 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 23:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Dear knowledgeable patrons,

Thank you all for your valuable contributions and thoughts. As fate would have it, the universe has thrown a well polished spanner in my plans and has expressed its suggestion to me to wait for the new update and purchase the car in the holiday season.

Behold the spanner-

Attachment 2438957

I was supposed to exchange this car. The culprit was a tailgating, mobile phone totting, seat belt hating Duster owner.

BTW, the product planners of United India Insurance should collectively slip on banana peels as not a single authorised TATA dealership in new delhi offers their cashless claims facility.
Good for you. Now you are out of your dilemma.
Jokes aside if you want a proper AT then go with Hyundai or Maruti. But they are out of range. So try to stretch the budget and buy later. New Nexon is expected to have a significantly refined engine with many upgrades. It will be better to wait but again that will also result in budget stretch.
My two cents are to wait for facelift and stretch your budget meanwhile. When launched TD all available options in budget at that time.
Clown Prince is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks