Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 21:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Volvo S60 or New Skoda Kushaq 1.5

In addition to the points already added, do keep in mind that Delhi had banned the use of BS-4 diesel cars & BS-3 petrol cars for a few weeks once the pollution levels went above a set threshold (AQI >400).

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...272998269.html

Consider S60 only if you have a spare BS-6 car/ petrol car at home. Given a chance, I’d want to own a Volvo S60 or a V40 too, just to experience a luxury car but its not a wise decision from financial point of view as the car will have zero value after 5 years.
Old 14th September 2023, 10:34   #17
BHPian

Re: Used Volvo S60 or New Skoda Kushaq 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrabarusMark View Post
I had finally settled on the Kushaq 1.5 DSG and the booking for it is imminent. However, the Car Gods have a twisted sense of humour. I've come across a decently maintained used 2018 Volvo S60 diesel that is working out to be the same price as the Kushaq.

If I was anywhere else in India, this would be a no-brainer for me. Since I am in Gurgaon, the NCR rule for diesels would mean I only get 5 years with the Volvo. As a personal preference, I like purchasing things that I know will be used for as long as possible. I don't see myself moving out of Gurgaon in the near future either.

So here's my dilemma: Should I let the heart win and buy the Volvo, and enjoy the experience of a luxury car for the next 5 years or should I let the brain win and enjoy everything the Kushaq has to offer?
I had a similar decision to make in Aug 2020 - I was offered a used BMW 320d, 26K Kms run, 2016 December made (3.5 years old) for around 22Lacs. I did a test drive, all good, I was smitten.

At the end, I couldn't get myself to buy it just because it was Delhi NCR, I would be able to drive it for 5-6 years and start to think of selling it. I realized that the yearly cost of ownership would be same as if I bought a new one and I get to buy a petrol and keep it as long as I want.

I would recommend you to buy a car that is new, doesn't have a timer ticking with it. If you really want a luxury car - wait till you are comfortable to buy it new.

Of-course - the above is more and more applicable for Delhi NCR and considering old Diesels.
kartikv1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks