Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Does it make sense to buy a Ford Figo in 2023 ?
Yes 69 48.94%
No, look for other options 72 51.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2023, 20:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Does it make sense to buy a Ford Figo in 2023?

I own a Ford Figo which has done 1.20 lakh km and no plans to change it. The car is reliable to a capital R. Ford service is still solid and affordable. I don't see any issues taking a Ford car now. Of course, you may have to explain or ignore people's queries.
Silver Knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 03:47   #17
BHPian

I happen to own Stage 1+ 1.5 Figo TDCI that's run about 1 lakh kilometers and the car is been excellent in terms of reliability (not a single niggle other than the wear and tear parts), handling is better than any car below 20 lakhs including the VWs IMO (having owned one a VW until 4 months ago), steering is precise, braking is excellent, low end drivability/ the mid-range (especially post the map) is properly potent, the engine is extremely refined and only falls short of Hyundai's diesel engines and even space management is good, The car can comfortably seat four people.

The car is not without cons though and here are some of them.

1. The Headlight throw is poor and has a shelf life of only about 3-4 years before cracks start appearing

2. The car does not come with apple car play and android auto (mine doesn't even have a touch screen head unit because its 2016 manufactured). And what's worse is that due to the weird fitment there are not too many nice aftermarket options either.

3. The top end is non-existent, after 4000 RPM you might as well get off the accelerator because there's nothing on offer. The VW diesels were a lot more eager and free revving.

4. No adjustable headrests at the back (if you're planning on getting the pre-facelift version).

5. if you care about bragging rights then know that the top speed is limited to 180 kmph.

If you're ok with the cons, the car is a no brainer and a Stage 1 Map should get you a 0-100 time of 9 seconds.
Old 17th September 2023, 09:17   #18
BHPian

This has been my exact experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
Even though i own a 7+ year old Figo 1.5D.

You will be addicted to how the car drives in the stock form let alone with a remap. The power on tap, the body control when you dip it into a corner, the precise steering, the feedback of it are all superlative and better than a Polo in my books. Recently i would tell you, i test drove the modern cars - the verna, virtus, seltos and the i20 N line. Were wowed by their interiors in general but once i came back, those wow moments faded once i started driving the Figo again. I mean its unbelievable what 8 ish lacs gave you in and around 2016.
The first car I purchased with my own money and independent decision was the Figo 2015 Titanium 1.5D MT. It's running full stock at 65k km except tires batteries and some minor wear and tear.
Today, it's one of 3 cars in the garage - a 200bhp feature filled AX7L turbo petrol XUV700 and an quick EV. But the minute I feel like enjoying the drive, I go for the Ford. It's probably the only reason I haven't sold it (even though we don't have a parking slot for it) and I keep justifying that we need a spare car for the house

The novelty of ADAS, Android Auto, the beautiful Sony music system to the thrill of a wheel spinning EV wore out in months. Where as, in the Figo, the bite in corners and the feeling when the turbo kicks in still makes me grin 7 years later.

Of course Ford packing up is a challenge and service quality will vary between workshops - but tbh it's the same with other OEMs too. As an enthusiast or someone who has access to FNGs, I don't think you'll be stuck for atleast a few years more.

As for me, I'm glad I picked this - and I'd do it all over again!
sidoxic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 15:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
5. if you care about bragging rights then know that the top speed is limited to 180 kmph.

If you're ok with the cons, the car is a no brainer and a Stage 1 Map should get you a 0-100 time of 9 seconds.
I can confirm both these are different in my experience. I had this tune as well. 0-100 is comfortably lesser than 8 secs. Its in high 7.xx. Second i can definitely confirm its not limited to 180kmph. (Forum rules stop me to elucidate) Mine is a 2016 Mfg.

Rest all bang on.

Last edited by jackofsome : 17th September 2023 at 15:05.
jackofsome is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 12:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post

What my requirements are - preferably diesel, reasonably powerful, good driving dynamics, solid build, mod friendly, good service network/easy to service at an FNG, maintenance and spares not too heavy on the pocket

What I don't care about - resale value, interior/boot space, tech features (I don't want a 50inch ICE with 360° cameras or ADAS or self levelling suspension or adaptive laser lights or the car wishing me a happy birthday)
Yes and No.
Figo is a great car!! No qualms about having it if your heart says so! However, Polo is a bit more mod friendly as others have mentioned it. But polo lacks a few basics like cruise control and rear cam.
May I bring a few other cars into the equation?

Ameo TDI- Pros over Polo- Cruise control, rear cam, Vento state of tune 110 bhp/250 Nm.
Cons- Not a looker.

Cruze- Pros- Certified Diesel rocket, mod friendly, features, interior space over hatches, and dirt cheap prices.
Cons- Not easy to repair, it needs a knowledgeable FnG. Mileage, bulky, handling.

If your budget allows, do check out the latest gen used i20 diesel as well if you want to! Creamy smooth engine!
ahmad.007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 12:09   #21
BHPian

As the owner of an 8 year old 1.5Tdci Figo from the first few lots, I have seen no change in the quality of service I have received over the years and no change in the availability of spares either.

Voted yes and should not be a problem for the next 5 years at least.

This poll is split right down the middle and is not going to help you. There are a few good ones out there. You've ridden the torque wave. You know life will not be the same without it. So what are you waiting for?
DeadCenter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 12:23   #22
BHPian

I'm in the same boat as well. Figo/Freestyle looks to be a very good buy specially since the resales haves come down as Ford has exited India.

So far, I don't see service being a challenge in major cities at least. A good FNG can sort out issues anyway.
Siddj38 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 00:12   #23

Yes.

I own a 2015 Ford Aspire Titanium TDCI that has seen over 170k kms on all sorts of terrains. I am definitely not looking to replace it as it is still a hoot to drive, and regarding the spares and service, I found it to be no different than earlier.
In my personal opinion, a great car should have strong basics (drivability, NVH levels and comfort) and then great audio. The remaining things can be added later or ignored. Figo family can deliver on the basics part. Remaining things can be added at a reasonable cost.
TheSlowRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 17:32   #24
BHPian

Just go for the Ford. They just don't make cars like them anymore. Almost none of the current cars on sale today will make you feel like the erstwhile Figo & Polo. The combination of a small package, punchy yet efficient diesel engine has almost gone missing from our market.

I have a Vento 1.6 TDI and Fiesta 1.6 S. Even though the remapped Vento is a lot more powerful, I go for the Fiesta's key's every single time. But the Figo D and the Polo D are more closely matched. Would suggest you take a test drive of both and then decide. Polo will have better parts support, but will be more expensive to service.

Ford's current service costs are the industry's best kept secret. My fiesta's service bills are lower than a Swift's. Regarding the parts situation, most parts are easily available at both FASS and at competent FNGs. But do try to find a competent FNG, just as a backup to your nearby FASS service center.

Signing off with a pic clicked this morning
Does it make sense to buy a Ford Figo in 2023?-img_20231010_110342-1.jpg
Kumaran93R is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 18:00   #25
BHPian

I must admit that I am surprised by the almost 50:50 split in the vote. This car has a fair number of fans. The question is how long will the heart rule when the number of Ford cars on our roads reduce and service and repair become difficult. Not immediate, but bound to happen sooner than later.
Old 13th October 2023, 09:33   #26
BHPian

I own 3 Fords currently and spares aren't an issue if you're in Tier 1 and 2 cities. Go for it eyes closed as you do not get such cars anymore in India! Moreover the used car prices of diesel Fords are quite high. Spare part wise and service wise it has been excellent throught the country (Ive traveled across 25 states in my EcoSport last year). I'd suggest to go with the Freestyle Titanium+ as it comes with all the goodies and sync 3
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 15:43   #27
RDS
BHPian

We have 1 Ford Figo 2nd Gen TDCI Titanium+ and 1 Ford Aspire 1.5L DCT automatic.
There was a third as well which got replaced by Skoda Slavia few months back.

Well, Ford 2nd gen built is solid and engines are great, even the petrol 1.5L one that does 0-100 in less than 10 seconds and is loaded with features like ESP, Hill Assist etc.
Just plonk the 185/65r14 tyres to use all that power for joy of riding.

I think it would make great sense if you get a great deal, and a pre-worshipped car + you live on a Tier 1 City as these cities still have many ford service centers.

Tier 2 city and odds of not getting great service after another 3 years heighten however, if there is a good ford center nearby, it might make sense. If there are two, even better. Eg: Dehradun ford service centers are good.

Tier 3 city - doesn't make sense, even if there is a ford center in nearby city as we really don't know when it can shut down.

Btw, I think I will now buy a new vehicle in another 3 to 6 months so interested person can keep in touch to check out a 1.5L DCT Aspire pre-worshipped car with full history and maintained in top notch condition (HR-26 number).

Last edited by RDS : 15th October 2023 at 15:46.
Old 15th October 2023, 15:50   #28
BANNED

I own 2 Ford's, Generation 1 Figo and Figo Aspire. First one completed 13 years, second one completed 8 years. The service is not an issue and so is procuring parts. I would definitely recommend the Figo diesel for the hooligan in us! Wish it came with an automatic though, I would have paid top dollar for that. Extremely difficult to find an upgrade for the Ford driving experience unless you start looking at an used 3 series.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:39   #29
BHPian

Reason I voted "NO" was from mind and definitely not by heart. I owned a Diesel Aspire and man, what a car. Ended up foolishly selling it and keep staring at Ford cars with envy as they pass by. All said and done AM parts availability is a major concern unless you want to own like there's no tomorrow and dispose it off quickly. Keep us posted with your choice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks