Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 14:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Second car under 25 lakhs for Bangalore city traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoVTEC View Post
The Creta is a car that you can't really go wrong with. It's had its fair share of criticism, but honestly, it's not a purchase you'll regret.
Feel free to reach out, in case you have any questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumukha View Post
[b]
please read my post in the forum about how creta and God's grace saved 4 lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
You can't go wrong with Creta SXO IVT for city use. It has all bells and whistles plus perfect size for city commute.
Thanks for the reassurance that Creta is a good buy for the intended usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Based on above parameters and more listed by you in the opening post, check out the Grand Vitara once.
Seltos is another good buy and I have experienced good service at kia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
I would suggest you go with a hybrid. Grand Vitara Alpha Plus Hybrid CVT falls in your budget and it is a wonderful city vehicle.
GV mild hybrid was very boring to drive and strong hybrid has long waiting period. Issue with Seltos is that higher variant comes only in DCT+turbo variant - I do not want to pay/maintain either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Buy a good SUV instead of a hatch. It will serve as a good outstation car and with the kids in the house the added boot space would come in handy.

Some points:
1. city traffic it's width and visibility that matter - not length except when parking.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. Yes, now I realise that width matters more in traffic and then all 10-25 lakh cars have more or less same width. I think I will go ahead with Creta as this is the only SUV that has made us smile in the TD.
We connected when I was in Mumbai and wanted to double check on the dealer selling me the almost new BMW. Thanks again for that help - the car turned out to be flawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
I was in a similar boat recently looking for automatic city car. I always wanted Ecosport 1.5 Dragon.
Not looking for a second hand car as I am in a hurry to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
How about i20 N line? I feel this premium hatch is good for both to drive or be driven. There are simply no good cars at 10L range.
If i20, then the regular one will more than suffice for my commute requirements. Do not see value in spending extra 4 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
A Thar or a Jimny will work. Granted that those might not be most appropriate for a chauffeur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
Just get an i10. Although smaller than the i20, it is still premium enough, easier to maneuver and has the same 1.2 NA engine of the i20 which will give better fuel efficiency.
The way I am seeing my usage for the family, getting a chauffeur is almost given and hence back seat comfort is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I think you should not reject the Nexon EV. It's the most refined driving experience that you can have which is really important for long city commutes. It's also fun to drive with it's instant torque.
You need to charge it only once or twice a week. That too can be taken care of by your driver at any fast chargers which should hardly take an hour for full charge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evtdtorque View Post
You can try EV route. I have Honda City Diesel Manual. After being guilty multiple times running car for hours in stand still/stop and go Bangalore traffic, booked Kona EV primarily as 2nd car for city drive. If Chauffer driven, you can consider other EV cars MG and BYD with better back seat comfort. Kona has best driver seat among EVs up to 25L.
Interesting perspective on driver taking care of charging the car. Thanks. I will re-think about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Buy any of these and I believe you will be quite happy with them. They will suit the purpose and use case admirably while offering you more besides.
1. Maruti Jimny
2. Hyundai Exter.
3. Maruti Brezza
4. Toyota Hyryder
All of the above have 2-6 months waiting period and I want to start using the new car in under 2-3 weeks.
manish84 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 14:11   #32
BHPian

I would shortlist the following

- Elevate CVT, Good damping can sort out the NVH issue
- Taigun/Kushaq 1.5 DSG, I am specifically calling out 1.5 as you have mentioned that good AC is a priority, size is also pretty compact with VW twins and suits congested roads better than Creta segment crossovers
- XUV4OO, this one is available off the shelf and many owners have shared good feedback, on the flipside it has the NMC battery composition that is not as advanced as LFP, also, long term reliability is yet to be proven

I am not including the Brezza here as it doesnt have a spacious backseat and the interior plastic quality is quite poor for the asking price, Good luck with the hunt

Last edited by abaliga : 28th November 2023 at 14:13.
abaliga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 16:45   #33
BHPian

Please try out HyCross Vx, it is spacious and easy to drive around. Waiting time seems to reducing a lot
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 17:33   #34
BHPian

Why not consider XL6 automatic?

Very comfortable for a chauffeur driven car. Good service network and reliability. Enough ground clearance to tackle the potholes in Bangalore road. UV cut glasses is really helpful in summer.
XL6 is not too big as an Innova but spacious enough to carry 4 of you in good comfort + luggage (for the new born's too).

Also it got superb resale value when you decide to sell it.
Asish_VK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 19:33   #35
Team-BHP Support

If you need a compact footprint AT car for commute which is reliable its the Brezza 1.5 AT with a 4 star NCAP (waiting period yes). The other option is the Kushaq/Taigun twins 1.5 DSG. If you need reliability, endure the 3 cylinder and get the 1L AT.

About the 1.4 DCT Kia/Hyundai its worth looking at. Again its a question of personal taste.

Last edited by ampere : 28th November 2023 at 19:34.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 19:41   #36
BHPian

Reading all above recommendations, How about Honda Jazz ZX CVT? Excellent 2nd car for city traffic. The mileage is also decent with 12kmpl in city. I know you have money to spend, but looking at your requirements for 2nd car, it fits well. It cost around 16L in Bangalore. Change after 2-3 years if commute is getting trouble some.
Old 28th November 2023, 19:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
(Sadashivanagar>Hebbal>Nagvara>ORR>KR Puram>Marathahalli). The route would have 3-4 major bottlenecks and roads have a lot of barricades due to metro construction. I am not comfortable taking a long and expensive car on this route everyday and hence looking to buy a second car. .
Hey Manish, a bit of a left field suggestion from me - your new commute doesn't require you to change your daily drive car at all in my opinion. I drive my 330Li from ORR near Marathahalli to MG road and back most days and it is a breeze to do so. Your commute will be mostly via wide divided roads with the odd metro work diversion here and there - the 330i will easily manage it. Sure, you can't squeeze into every narrow gap with it but that is not your goal I am guessing. With the ORR traffic, sticking to your lane and cruising smoothly gets you to your destination with the least stress anyway. And the 330i will manage that comfortably. Plus, when you do get empty stretches at odd hours, you can have some good fun with it.
When you are ready for a driver driven car next year, I would suggest looking for a new car then with back seat comfort+ride quality as the criteria.Your buying criteria would be different then (no car length limitations and such). And your choice of cars can be far more at that point.

Last edited by niranjanrvce : 28th November 2023 at 19:57.
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 20:48   #38
BHPian

Have been in this situation doing 60km commute for 6.5 years from B.G Road to Hebbal.
3 years in an Alto and 3.5 years in a Creta. My suggestion is to stick to a Hatchback. Over a period you will discover inner roads and manoeuvring will be easier on a hatchback than any other thing.
Suggest i20 or the good old Jazz.
Considering a resale in a couple of years i20 would be a better option.
P.S Nexon EV will be another sensible option but that’s that.
Old 28th November 2023, 22:32   #39
BHPian

I have driven over a portion of the route that you've mentioned for about 9 years (2011-2020).

Looking at the distance involved and how bad both the road and traffic have gotten over the years, I'd estimate you (or some other driver) losing your cool while driving/rushing to work and getting a fender bender in about 3 months. I'm kidding of course and I really wish you safe travels but taking up work in a startup can be very challenging and a 22 km commute in Bangalore traffic during regular hours and before reaching office can require a lot of patience which might not always be forthcoming.

My advice might not be what you're looking for but just consider it for a minute - buy a 2nd hand hatchback or at least a vehicle that you will not get attached to. Better yet, buy the car you hate for e.g. an Spresso or the likes. That way, you will be least bothered when it gets a dink or two and can simply focus on what's important for the next 6 months or so.

Last edited by sydras : 28th November 2023 at 22:48.
sydras is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 23:11   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

For this kind of urban, Bangalore traffic the Rs 25 L budget seems inflated. I would suggest you to buy an used, low mileage Tata Tiago (any suitable variant). With the Tiago you get a car with contemporary features, good and solid bodyshell, some reliability, and most of all its a hatchback that can wriggle its way through the traffic mess better than any larger sized car.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 23:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

With that budget and city only driving, get an MG ZS EV, used if necessary. Completely sorted vehicle.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 23:40   #42
BHPian

Manish, I too travel from Malleshwarn (its next to Sadashivanagar) to ORR for work. I almost always take this route - Sankey road -> Cubbon road -> Old airport road -> ORR. These roads are good and traffic is better mannered for some reason. They are also more pleasing with lots of tree cover.

I too drive a longish sedan (Octavia) and enjoy driving in this route lot more than ORR. Try it a few days, you might like the route better and stick to 330i.

In case you do decide to get a city car, my vote goes to MG or BYD EV's.
  1. EV's are perfect for cities as you would never face range problems.
  2. Low running and maintenance cost due to nature of EV's.
  3. Their automatic drivetrain is better than any ICE automatic transmissions.
  4. MG and BYD EV's are premium, comfortable and sorted vehicles.
speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 23:55   #43
BHPian

While everyone is trying to help, I think there is quite a large spread of cars suggested. From your requirements you have been very clear on no preowned and no large cars. Also not looking at an electric.

Suggest you stick to i20 NLine. It's a looker and will age well. Interiors also feel contemporary and will fetch you a good price when you dispose it few years later.
GreenerPlanet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 02:50   #44
BHPian

You are traffic. Buying a car won't help you with traffic. Not buying a car in Bengaluru will help with traffic.
RodRowdyBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 07:13   #45
BHPian

Have you considered the Ertiga? It's a good daily driver and will serve you well regardless of whether you drive by yourself or get a chauffeur later. The car is comfortable, efficient, affordable, and reliable. It really is an all-in-one package. At about 4.3 m, it's not so big as to make driving tedious. Given the price of everything these days, a VXI spec Ertiga petrol automatic might just be the perfect car for you.
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks