Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2024, 21:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Need 2 cars to replace my Polo/Vento Diesel and Pajero Sports in NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Can't suggest which car to go for in this situation but as a recent shopper (in a diff segment) I can assure you cars even with "waiting period" are available readily (Maybe not in your primary colour choice). Visit few different M&M dealers and I can assure you that there will not be a "wait".
That's true.

I just found out from a dealership that I have multiple Scorpio-N options readily available in my colour of choice too! I went to have a look, didn't test drive. But again, I was left underwhelmed with the interiors. I will drive it tomorrow.

Still, barring the need for 4x4, I am leaning towards the Jeep Compass 4x2 Longitude. Even though it has a sedate nature, I feel the execution of the features and quality is much, much better than other cars of this price segment.

Update on the Altroz:
I was just informed that the car they're giving me will be a BS6 Phase 1 car.
Ofcourse it is heavily discounted (upwards of 1 lakh). Should I consider it? Is there difference between Phase 1 and 2 significant?
Old 24th January 2024, 13:44   #32
BHPian

UPDATE

I still haven't been able to decide on a vehicle to replace my Pajero. Gosh...Im not really this indecisive but nothing is working out. Since I saved on the Altroz, maybe I should increase my budget?

My heart is with the Jeep Compass. I've always wanted to own the Jeep brand. It seems perfect, it has everything I need, barring two main luxuries: 4x4 and the BIG SUV feel.

But...and its huge but. A handful of Jeep Owner BHPians have PMd me not to go for it because of high maintenance. Maybe they're sorted these issues in 2023? I dont know...I just can't decide. More opinions from the community can maybe guide me more.

Another contender has entered the picture. It is 20 percent over my budget even after a hefty 2.5L discount. I am talking about the Hyundai Tuscon, the highest variant in 4x2. I was prepared for 30L, not 36L. On the outset, it seems perfect. Big SUV. Sorted interiors. I will miss the 4x4 though. Not that I use 4x4 regularly, but for those times when I might travel to Spiti in a car with my family, the 4x4 will be great.

Scorpio N is actually available, but the switches and rattling plastic panels make me stay away. I could have considered it because the car has big size and proper BOF, and despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the way it looks. I just cant stand cheap finishing. The mess with my peace of mind when I'm spending 3-4 hours driving everyday.

The Pajero is with me for another month. But time is short because I am targeting the 2023 models which are discounted.

Show a brother some light, beloved BHPians.
nutcracker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 14:07   #33
BHPian

Check out the Hycross hybrid, you get an extra 5 years of running with it. Not only that Toyota's hold on to their value quite well, so even if you sell it 15 years later someone from another state could buy it and you will be getting a fair amount for it. If you are alright with getting a used car, take a look at Fortuner's or even the Innova Crysta that's a few years old. The Nexon seems like a good option as an EV, although I'm not that aware about other EVs.
V0rtex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 18:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
UPDATE

I still haven't been able to decide on a vehicle to replace my Pajero. Gosh...Im not really this indecisive but nothing is working out. Since I saved on the Altroz, maybe I should increase my budget?

My heart is with the Jeep Compass. I've always wanted to own the Jeep brand. It seems perfect, it has everything I need, barring two main luxuries: 4x4 and the BIG SUV feel.

But...and its huge but. A handful of Jeep Owner BHPians have PMd me not to go for it because of high maintenance. Maybe they're sorted these issues in 2023? I dont know...I just can't decide. More opinions from the community can maybe guide me more.

Another contender has entered the picture. It is 20 percent over my budget even after a hefty 2.5L discount. I am talking about the Hyundai Tuscon, the highest variant in 4x2. I was prepared for 30L, not 36L. On the outset, it seems perfect. Big SUV. Sorted interiors. I will miss the 4x4 though. Not that I use 4x4 regularly, but for those times when I might travel to Spiti in a car with my family, the 4x4 will be great.

Scorpio N is actually available, but the switches and rattling plastic panels make me stay away. I could have considered it because the car has big size and proper BOF, and despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the way it looks. I just cant stand cheap finishing. The mess with my peace of mind when I'm spending 3-4 hours driving everyday.

The Pajero is with me for another month. But time is short because I am targeting the 2023 models which are discounted.

Show a brother some light, beloved BHPians.
Do not worry about too many plot twists. Its a car buying decision and we are Teambhpians with lots of requirements so it is ok.

First car:
What you are now saying is that Tata Altroz is final? Or are there ifs and buts there? If not decided yet, then the sonet diesel AT top model is really great. GTO suggested it too.

Second car:
You want a 4x4, butch SUV with luxuries etc. Here is the car for you then. It does not get better than this. 28.62 lakhs for this and 10-15 lakhs for the Altroz/Sonet makes it less than 40-45 lakhs which is what you wanted.

2019 Ford Endeavour Titanium Plus 3.2 4x4 AT 50K km · Diesel · Automatic at 28.62 lakhs on Spinny.

https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...47/?referrer=/

At 28-29 lakhs the 3.2 Endy is the ONLY car that can replace your Pajero. Nothing else comes close.

Do not worry about service from Ford. Read this to know more - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5705291 (Ford Endeavour : Official Review)

Last edited by sjain2054 : 25th January 2024 at 18:31.
Old 26th January 2024, 06:53   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I still really do think a tiny small electric car for the city and the Tuscon 4x4 for everything else will do the trick. I can already see you veering slowly in this direction. Don't spend a truck load of money on the small car. Consider it a beater car for all practical purposes.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 10:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

If you haven't bought the Altroz yet, I'd consider cancelling the order - if BS4 diesels (last ones sold in March 2020) are banned during winter in Delhi due to GRAP4, it won't be long before diesels, including BS6, will be banned during winter. I would go with the Punch EV or something electric. Plus an EV will be immune from all sorts of shenanigans like odd/even rule etc.

Sorry for complicating matters more but just wanted to point out the reality.

Last edited by Turbohead : 26th January 2024 at 10:07.
Old 26th January 2024, 10:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0rtex View Post
Check out the Hycross hybrid, you get an extra 5 years of running with it.
+1. Close your eyes and go with the Innova Hycross hybrid. Place multiple bookings in smaller cities nearby, if waiting periods are too long in Delhi. You can even look for a sparingly used one in the second hand market.

Tucson is a global product and can be considered as your primary car. But diesel engine is the one to go for, and given the GRAP situation during winter months, there will be a constant fear of being rendered 'car-less' with a diesel-only garage. If you are willing to look past that fear, 1 or 2 lakhs here and there won't really matter in the long run even if you opt for 4WD variant.

Take a long test drive of Innova and Tucson back-to-back and then decide.

Last edited by self_driven : 26th January 2024 at 10:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks