Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2024, 21:03   #4831
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Guys

A Ford car owner in India took the initiative to inquire about the company’s plans for launching new cars in the country.

In response to the customer’s inquiry, Ford India issued a statement, stating: “Thank you for contacting Ford India. We thank you for choosing our product. We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. We have noted down the contents of your mail. We wish to inform you that at present, we are not in a position to commit to a launch; kindly bear with us. Assuring you of our best support always.”

This response from Ford India reflects a cautious yet optimistic stance, acknowledging the customer’s query while refraining from making any concrete commitments at this point. The carefully crafted message suggests that Ford is in the process of evaluating its plans for the Indian market and urges customers to be patient as the company navigates its potential re-entry.

Copyright (C) 'RUSH LANE' Read more at... https://www.rushlane.com/ford-india-...-12486495.html .

I think this is the first official response from Ford India. Looks positive and keeps people guessing.

I have noticed ripples of this in the second hand car market with the prices of Ford vehicles consolidating and gaining.

Fingers crossed for more.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 17:02   #4832
BHPian

Guys

For those around Bangalore here is something I felt I must share.

In one of the recent long drives I got a flat and the roadside puncture guy found a faulty air value (TPMS was getting activated). And the puncture man while fixing the tire broke the tire pressure sensor defunct.

The TPMS kept showing malfunction on the screen and I had to get it fixed. Regular tire shop - Madhus and Tire Empire said cannot fix it and take it to Ford. I have not been to a Ford service centre in more than an year and never in Bangalore. Here is my experience of JSP Ford at Hosur Road today.

I had driven up there in the morning to check if they had the tire sensor, and if not, they order for it. Turns out they not just had it, they were ready to do the job immediately. I met Prathap (service manager). The team at JSP was super. They were confident, they were polite, knew the job - told me half an hour and fixed the stuff within 20 minutes. I was informed that parts are easy, there has been no disruption on parts for Ecosport, Ford Endeavour and Fiesta. For Ikon and Fusion they need 2-3 days and the parts come. This was very very reassuring.

Overall, besides the parts, I can also add that the place was spic and span, the toilets were cleaner than a 5 star hotel, tea coffee and basic snacks were easy, customer lounge had magazines, channel TV, neat clean sofas, and AC working. The service advisor updated me 3-4 times, the cost was within estimate and the job was done within half an hour.

There was spring in the feet of the staff that worked there and the energy everyone had was top of the line. Not once did it look like a workshop of a car company that closed. In fact there was even a Ford Mustang getting serviced there and I was informed that parts of the Mustang is also no issue.

This whole experience really stands out like a Toyota or a Maruti and Hyundai experience.

I would rate an overall service experience at 10 out of 10 at JSP Ford, Hosur Road.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 09:45   #4833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
After almost 8 years of wonderful and trouble-free ownership of my Endeavor 3.2 L Titanium Automatic, I finally sold it last Nov.

I was amazed to see how it held on to the value and got a pretty good deal with Spinny (flawless experience).
Will continue to keep an eye on this thread, somehow still attached to Endy!
I think you and I apart from many here bought in the first lot in 2016. I still have it and runs like a dream. Just completed a 4k kms trip to North India in Dec. with family.

I plan to keep it a while as it is still running strong and there is no suitable replacement. Done just 52k and used only on highways. Perhaps I will replace with the new Endeavour, if that gets launched next year (or earlier).

So the question is why did you sell it?

As you said, it it a difficult compromise if you are used to an Endy. The closest you get is RR Sport which is 1.5 Crs and then there are GLE and X5 which are slightly "smaller" in space and height. So no real replacement unless one wants to compromise with a Fortuner. Though the new Tacoma based Fortuner in 2025 could be a suitable replacement as well.

Let's see how this folds out.
nareshtrao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 16:12   #4834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I think you and I apart from many here bought in the first lot in 2016. I still have it and runs like a dream. Just completed a 4k kms trip to North India in Dec. with family.

I plan to keep it a while as it is still running strong and there is no suitable replacement. Done just 52k and used only on highways. Perhaps I will replace with the new Endeavour, if that gets launched next year (or earlier).

I guess it is the mental pull to upgrade that prompted me to start exploring different segments. once you start exploring, then you are mentally tuned to purchasing a new one.
if the new version of Endeavor was available, then I would have upgraded to that. I am not so sure about Fortuner, especially the current version.
I would have expected to see positive moves from Ford India if they were to re-enter in the near term, so I didn't want to bet on it.
sknair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 20:10   #4835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I think you and I apart from many here bought in the first lot in 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I guess it is the mental pull to upgrade that prompted me to start exploring different segments.
I sold mine too 2 weeks back. Actually I started thinking about selling since last April but delayed due to couple of trips and finally started the sell process in December last year.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231204-2.54.26-pm.jpeg

The 7 years journey with Ford Endeavour was absolute delight. Forget about any accident or warranty repair, it did not get even a puncture. At 55,300 KM, it was still running on 3 OEM tires, one was replaced by me as a precaution for a side walled scratch although it was holding well without puncture. I really felt sad to let it go but BSIV terror in NCR is bad and it constantly kept influencing me to sell although I had already replaced my other BSIV car last June. Probably the fear of not getting good price later was too much of a bother.

Yet to buy another one. I will wait till later this year for some good launch in mid size including Germans, otherwise settle for Jeep Compass. Can't find any other alternative in 30-40 lakhs price range. Next are Germans in 60-80 lakhs price range, which are tempting but do not serve any different purpose. I never needed the third row in Ford Endeavour so not looking for big size SUV. Also on my hill drives, I think mid size SUVs 4X4 would be better for driving comfort (lower CG) narrow roads and hill towns maneuver like Simla, Manali.

Last edited by Wanderers : 24th January 2024 at 20:35.
Wanderers is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 11:58   #4836
Senior - BHPian

I recently had to go to Ford for a major issue. The 10 speed gearbox in my 2020 BS6 Ford Endeavour had started to give way. There were massive jerks during upshift from gear 1 to a higher gear. The car would be confused as to what to do when the car started moving from say a traffic light stop.

I went to PPS ford in Mahadevpura, Bangalore and had the whole unit replaced under warranty. It did take about 3-4 weeks to source and replace but they did a great job at the end.

Glad to see that Ford are still attending to their customers. I continue to give my car to PPS Ford for all service and repair related work.
Fullrevs is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 12:19   #4837
BHPian

Wanted to share my experience with Ford SVC, 7 Tombs, Towlichowki, Hyderabad. The guys are amazing. Mine is a Gen 1 Fiesta, 1.4P. Been their customer since 10 years. Even the most unique of parts are still available there and even if i request for a one off part, turn around time is just a few days. One must have a personal level communication with the advisor and they will go to any lengths to get the work done.
Rohit_Quad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 15:32   #4838
BHPian

My peer at work owns an Endeavour. Our team went out for a lunch yesterday in his Endeavour.

I casually asked him "Sachin, are you planning to hold this car as long as you can?"

"until it falls apart by itself" he replied.

We all had a good laugh. He absolutely loves Endeavour, and he is super happy about Ford's service as well. Also he said that he will stick with Ford Endeavour, if Ford returns to India again.

He also said that he loves how economical the service costs were.

I am puzzled how / why Ford was not able to survive in India despite most of their customers were actually happy.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th January 2024 at 16:25. Reason: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, MS, T-Fort, ANHV, Endy) when referring to cars or their makers. Thanks.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 16:01   #4839
Senior - BHPian

Funny how a defunct manufacturer is probably providing the best service experience among all the companies in India!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 21:25   #4840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Funny how a defunct manufacturer is probably providing the best service experience among all the companies in India!
Maybe in the south Ford is doing better but where I am, it has become a challenge to find a competent dealer. I had a bad experience last time and let ford know too...but no one got back or cared. Huge contrast to pre exit when they had the best service around.

Anyway...cross posting from the EcoSport thread here,

Ford owners in NCR, what is the best Ford ASS at the moment in Delhi/Gurgaon/ Noida?
I tried the one in Okhla and it was a bad experience. Any other leads? Need some body work and sort out a few rattles and other maintenance work.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 10:47   #4841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post

Ford owners in NCR, what is the best Ford ASS at the moment in Delhi/Gurgaon/ Noida?
I tried the one in Okhla and it was a bad experience. Any other leads? Need some body work and sort out a few rattles and other maintenance work.
My experience with Tanish Ford at Gurgaon has always been A grade. Try them if possible.
Joyb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 00:24   #4842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
My experience with Tanish Ford at Gurgaon has always been A grade. Try them if possible.
Thank you for the suggestion, I will pay them a visit soon. Is there any service advisor you recommend?
Old 30th January 2024, 10:49   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Thank you for the suggestion, I will pay them a visit soon. Is there any service advisor you recommend?
Although most of the staff are friendly, my regular go to guy is Azhar.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 13:33   #4844
Senior - BHPian

Ford India is providing extended warranty for upto 8 years / 1.5 lakhs kms, considering that the Endeavour was launched in 2016. And this is going on for more and more years after passage of each year. The Extended Warranty amount is within a lakh.

Link: https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:59   #4845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
If you have never gotten your PCM/TCM etc updated since purchase, I am sure there should be some updates pending in your case. Do get it checked at your service center. You must insist on it or even better, tell them you want to see (for educational purpose ) how they check for updates, and sit with them through the process.

I am guessing all 3.2 litre Endeavours, irrespective of month, year or version (Trend/Titanium), right from the first example sold to the latest one, should be running the same updates as far as PCM and TCM are concerned. I could be wrong, but I don't see any reason why it should be different. Other modules like BCM, APIM, DDM/PDM etc, could be different depending on addition/deletion/modification of features. But I think TCM and PCM updates should apply to everyone. If someone has reported a recent update for these modules in their car, I think it would apply to all 3.2s.

Experts, please correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Latest PCM update is ..... Service centres are lazy on this for a reason known to them only.
Wish I had read this thread earlier. Nevertheless I might not have responded since to my knowledge only 3 Ford Endeavours have been shipped over from India to the UK. I missed the chance to check whether software updates had actually been carried out to my vehicle by Capital Ford in Bhubaneswar at Service intervals back in 2019 when the car was still in India.

On Tuesday 20.2.2024 at a UK based Authorised Ford Service Centre during its MOT I extended the Endeavour's Service Club membership for 5 years. George, my Service Advisor, having ascertained its availability on my vehicle with their Master Technician Jay (originally from Ford India!), confirmed TCM/PCM system software updates are indeed available to the Ford Endeavour here in the UK. This was the good news since prior to this moment I had been previously informed despite inclusion of free updates as part of the Ford Service Club, being an import it was not possible to. This had also been reaffirmed by main Customer Services, Ford Motor Company Ltd UK.

My elation was short-lived however when I was then told it could take up to 4 hours to complete the update @ GBP 150.00 per hour prior to any rebates that might be applicable.

I have attached a data sheet shared by George which clearly indicates (dots) available updates which remain outstanding. For those who are still eligible for free updates, best to get it sorted while the opportunity exists.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20240221_111611.jpg  

Arbind Ray is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks