Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2023, 14:46   #4786
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Amperage is not clearly spelt by Ford but I believe Amaron, when they say 74 Amp. 65 Amp is working fine for me, so should not be a problem for you.
However just check with Amaron dealer if they have 85 Amp in same size as I do remember the dealer saying the same.
That is not amperes it is Ah amp hours means the amount of stored charge. So a 85 Ah battery stores more charge and lasts longer than a 65 (with variations depending on the kind of battery, manufacture quality)
Old 17th August 2023, 16:22   #4787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That is not amperes it is Ah amp hours means the amount of stored charge. So a 85 Ah battery stores more charge and lasts longer than a 65 (with variations depending on the kind of battery, manufacture quality)
I know that, just that we just say Amp but mean A/h only which defines the rating and mind you its does not say anything about storage capacity. It’s the amount of energy it can provide per hour (does not indicate how long meaning storing more charge. For storing more charge there are other parameters and which definitely increases size.

Here we are talking about OEM rating. 2016-17 Endeavour had 65 Amp rating while not sure about 2018 models, which could be either 75 or 85 Amp. It does not mean 85 Amp will last longer than 65 Amp.

Last edited by Wanderers : 17th August 2023 at 16:24.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 19:38   #4788

Hello everyone. I have a question from the day I purchased my endeavour 2.2 titanium 2019. Does anyone find endeavour dead pedal to be ergonomically flawed? I find dead pedal to be too small for my foot ( I wear uk 10 size shoe). Its the width of the dead pedal that is of concern and not the length.
gaganjotsidhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 16:57   #4789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganjotsidhu View Post
Hello everyone. I have a question from the day I purchased my endeavour 2.2 titanium 2019. Does anyone find endeavour dead pedal to be ergonomically flawed? I find dead pedal to be too small for my foot ( I wear uk 10 size shoe). Its the width of the dead pedal that is of concern and not the length.
Yup, that's correct, it should be bit more wider
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:24   #4790
BHPian

It is now coming up to 2.5 (closing into 3 actually) years of absolutely amazing, thrilling, very complete and certainly a very very safe feeling of owning the Ford Endeavour.

I had brought in a 3.2 version and within a few months Ford packed up from India. The initial thoughts were should I let go and quickly place it in the market. The heart and brain both said if you love it, if you can manage it - keep it. And I have not regretted the decision one bit. I plan to continue to keep it.

There have been a number of trips all around the country. The vehicle has been absolutely trustworthy, gives a feeling a super safe, high cabin comfort and very solid ride. From the estates of Coorg to estates of Chikmagulur to a solo drive from Haryana to Bangalore - nothing could have been better. I was not so impressed earlier but over the months I have begun to realise the advantages of a strong engine, wonderfully sorted suspension, safe ride, quiet cabin and the very advanced terrain management system.

I have set up the vehicle with Thule rooftop carrier (my Ertiga and before that Opel Corsa Sail also have had a Thule rooftop box). And the usual sort of weekend 'taking care' is always there. Service has been at Ford - parts are fine and service has no complaints.

I have not yet started a new thread on the ownership but thought of posting this here. Current odo 71,500 kms or so.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd September 2023 at 16:38. Reason: quite = quiet. Thanks.
Rajain is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 09:26   #4791
BHPian

Friends, Anyone got any data on what is the peak starting current for 3.2L Endeavour? About to set out on a long trip and planning to pick up a portable jump starter. Thanks for the info. Cheers.
Old 29th September 2023, 20:34   #4792

Hi everyone, my sunroof has developed a problem where it is not closing with a single touch. It bounce back after closing around 90% . I have tried the overriding function as per car manual but to no avail. I have also cleaned the sunroof rails off any debris but the problem still persists. Any solution to this ?
Old 29th September 2023, 21:13   #4793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
Friends, Anyone got any data on what is the peak starting current for 3.2L Endeavour? About to set out on a long trip and planning to pick up a portable jump starter.
If the battery is old, it is better to change that, especially if travelling to hills. If you are in the plains, jumper cables should be helpful. Battery capacity on 3,2 should be around 90Ah per member. I'm not a fan of jump starters as difficult to maintain and will turn up invariably discharged when needed the most. But I will leave that call to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganjotsidhu View Post
Hi everyone, my sunroof has developed a problem where it is not closing with a single touch. It bounce back after closing around 90% . I have tried the overriding function as per car manual but to no avail.
Can get it cleaned at a service centre. They may spray with cleaner and it can work or else, you are looking at some sort of sensor issue.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th September 2023 at 21:15.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 17:06   #4794
BHPian

Hi everyone, i'm facing this peculiar issue with my 16' 3.2 Endeavour where the whole car vibrates on standstill with the gear in D mode but goes away when changed into N/R/P. I suspect its due to some weak engine mounts but why would it only vibrate when the gearbox is in D?

Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 23:00   #4795
BHPian

As an owner of a 3.2 Endeavour I have always been impressed with the build quality of the SUV. Its built like a tank.

I came across this video of an Endeavour accident with a bus. The bus overturned and the Endeavour while suffering some damage, remained stable and has protected all the people inside the cabin. What a strong vehicle. This particular you tube channel by Prateek Singh brings accident videos and often analyses the build quality of vehicles. He is complimentary of the build quality of Endeavour.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Rajain : 5th October 2023 at 23:04.
Rajain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 23:30   #4796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
Friends, Anyone got any data on what is the peak starting current for 3.2L Endeavour? About to set out on a long trip and planning to pick up a portable jump starter. Thanks for the info. Cheers.
I suggest a new battery....simple. Reason? The existing battery would have worn out. Simply give it away and take a fresh new battery. You may get a good exchange price too.

I have 2 batteries in my 3.2 - one the normal one and the second one a smaller one. There are many items all of us run in the vehicle - from phones to cameras to music system to car cooler or ipad to laptop to drone etc. So, the battery has to get consumed.

I have driven the Endeavour across the length and breadth of the country and felt the best is to always have it in top shape (and these days with some of the service centres closing down down, it is even more necessary).

My two cents

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 07:45   #4797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991.2GT3 View Post
Hi everyone, i'm facing this peculiar issue with my 16' 3.2 Endeavour where the whole car vibrates on standstill with the gear in D mode but goes away when changed into N/R/P.
Did Ford diagnose the issue? If yes, what was it? Can you share some details?
Old 29th October 2023, 11:15   #4798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk1975 View Post
Did Ford diagnose the issue? If yes, what was it? Can you share some details?
Engine mounts probably
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 11:07   #4799
BHPian

Good morning to the entire community and happy diwali.

My vehicle is 2019 3.2 facelift version. It has been driven for 75,000 kms with out any issue.
Due to vacation i have came to my hometown which is 90 kms away from Ahmedabad. I have not driven the car for 2 days untill yestarday when i move the car i saw oil spillage under the bonnet. This is the first time i am experiencing something like this from my car. The car is not showing any error though.

I have 2 important questions. The nearest ford service centre is 60km mehsana and 90km Ahmedabad. Is it safe to drive the car for that long distance ?
And the second i will still stay till Wednesday at my hometown due to festivals so is there any way to stop the leakage temporary will be help of local garage ( though i dont like the idea of local mechanics to make any changes in engine)
Any suggestions and advice would be thankfull.

Attaching the photos for more info
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2863.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2862.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2861.jpeg  

Old 13th November 2023, 11:13   #4800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin2612 View Post
The nearest ford service centre is 60km mehsana and 90km Ahmedabad. Is it safe to drive the car for that long distance ?
That looks like some engine oil leaking. You can just check the cold engine oil levels, top if off to the maximum and drive to the Ford ASC to get it checked. As long as the oil is above minimum and it stays that way you are good to go for that 60km drive.
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks