Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2022, 11:53   #4696
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
All, Anyone here used/installed roof mount storage on your Endeavour? I have no experience with any roof racks. I am considering getting one. (Thule ? )
Hi - I have Thule rooftop rack...I have removed the box and kept it away. The rails are fixed all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
I apologise, I am still doing reading on this so if there are other threads I will look for it. Sorry if I am jumping the gun. I have basic questions like
1. can it be installed and removed when we want, or is it some permanent fixture that need to be always on ?
2. Do we need any special RTO permission for installing this?
3. Any other 'catch' I need to be aware?
4. Any suggest place to buy/install in Bangalore/Coimbatore/nearby?

I do not wish to do any drilling or glueing on the roof at all. I am thinking this is some kind of clip-on thing that installs to the roof rails. I could be totally dumb here. Thanks in advance!
The roof top box can be removed and placed back in again...its a 5 minute job

No RTO permission needed anywhere

Remember the slight increase of height (like 6" or so) with the rails. The roof top box itself has a height so I have removed it for daily commute. I instal it when needed.

In Bangalore you can instal it with Methods Automotive. Great guys, know their products well and do a great job.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 07:33   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I beg to differ here.

This is fine for road side curb which is uniform straight line and car wheels will surely hit first. Imagine You are parking on a hilly road, you will not have curb like this and most important the curb equivalent part of hill may be slightly far and you are more likely to roll down & towards the valley and wheels may miss the curb equivalent or it may just brush but still continue to steer the car towards the center of road and on to the other side (Valley).
I would rather turn towards the curb and incase of roll down the car rear for sure will hit the curb equivalent hill and ensure it no way goes towards the valley.
Ain't that what we saw in the video? If there is no uniform curb, the wheels were in opposite direction.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 11:00   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Ain't that what we saw in the video? If there is no uniform curb, the wheels were in opposite direction.
Yes the instruction is very clear for road with curb and road without curb. But we were debating about the instruction in Ford Manual which does not cover the road without curb and following the given instruction, we might be at risk during hill drive, more so in India. So if we have to write one common instruction, we should follow like the for road without curbs.

Last edited by Wanderers : 20th August 2022 at 11:02.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 07:29   #4699
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the instruction is very clear for road with curb and road without curb. But we were debating about the instruction in Ford Manual which does not cover the road without curb and following the given instruction, we might be at risk during hill drive, more so in India. So if we have to write one common instruction, we should follow like the for road without curbs.
Maybe Ford didn't realize the conditions of our road while printing the manual

For what it's worth, Go Desi... place a brick/stone behind the wheel like the heavy loaders do all the time. Simple and Safe.

Honestly, the topic is good to discuss.
GKG4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 21:45   #4700
BHPian

Being in NCR, we always live in constant fear of temporary or permanent sanctions on driving a BSIV diesel such as mine 2017 Ford Endeavour. It could not get worse than that the car life on paper is more than 50% exhausted and I should be looking for replacement before reaching 10 years. We all like to see 50% depreciation on car insurance but to me it brings nightmare now, when the car even smells like a new one.

I have been looking for potential replacement of my Endeavour, whenever it becomes mandatory but want to be in the similar budget range. Jeep Compass is one such car which I considered (still may be forced to consider if I do not get options) as potential replacement for my Ford Endeavour.
Recently I got a chance to keep Jeep Compass Diesel face-lifted AT in S trim and drive around 200 km. Only when I drove Compass, I realised how good and value for money is our Ford Endeavour. No car can replace all the goodness of Endeavour in similar price range +/- 10 lakhs. Compass is nowhere close to it, be it engine refinement, driving, straight acceleration, visibility, overall feel good for given price or even seating comfort (although Compass seat looks very well designed but too hard and add to that a very harsh ride quality) Add to that minor niggles and rattles (in brand new car, which will be resolved but not expected in a 35 lakhs brand new car and it is not an exception as we have seen many cases)

I wish we get more options in 35-50 price range otherwise I am better off driving Kushaq or even Creta and save money for next upgrade than buying a overpriced non competent Compass.

Last edited by Wanderers : 24th August 2022 at 21:49.
Wanderers is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 07:22   #4701
BHPian

Quote:
Being in NCR, we always live in constant fear of temporary or permanent sanctions on driving a BSIV diesel such as mine 2017 Ford Endeavour. It could not get worse than that the car life on paper is more than 50% exhausted and I should be looking for replacement before reaching 10 years. We all like to see 50% depreciation on car insurance but to me it brings nightmare now, when the car even smells like a new one.
I need to ask a question here, I am also from NCR, however, my endeavour RC says registered till 2032 (I have 2017, same as you).
Ain't that means, we have 15 years or is it like no matter what RC says, we need to switch after 10 years?
GKG4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:48   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
I need to ask a question here,
Even mine registration is valid till 2032 but RTO are bound by Supreme court ruling that the registration to be cancelled at the end of ten years unless one takes NOC in favor of person residing in a RTO zone which can re-register 10 years old diesel cars.
So as a UP registered & tax paid car you need to apply NoC before end of 10 year and take or sell it to another RTO which allows. There are few districts in UP which allows BSIV Diesel cars more than 10 years old.
In such case you do not pay tax as same is already paid till 2032, only registration & transfer charges to be paid (minimal amount less than 10K)
However if you transfer to RTO outside state, the new state will ask you to pay tax based on prevailing rate & valuation of car (no they don't follow insurance type depreciation and you may end up paying more than 50% of new car tax amount) After registration in new state, you can apply for refund from original RTO and wait for eternity. Here they will follow depreciation calculation which is much higher than Insurance depreciation rule.

Last edited by Wanderers : 25th August 2022 at 13:49.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 08:25   #4703
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour Engine Dies Suddenly

Dear Bhpians,

I drive 2016, 4x2, Ford Endeavour AT and I’ve clocked about 80k. Last week, I experienced a weird problem; while I was climbing out my basement parking, the engine died all of a sudden. No thuds, jerking or rattling; it just went quiet. This happened not once, but twice in the gap of 4 days, and weirdly, at the same spot.

When the engine died, I moved the gear back to P and turned the ignition on - there was a ticking noise and the engine wouldn’t start. BI moved it back to D, stepped on the break pedal and tried again, the engine started instantly.

Since then, I've been driving with a constant fear that it might happen again in the middle of the traffic. Could this be an early sign of a infamous Torque Converter or the flex plate issue? I've experienced the occasional thud while the AT shifts during over years but it's never been a major problem.

Before I send the car to the service station I wanted to check if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. I would appreciate some expert guidance.

Cheers!

Last edited by StudioAbraham : 28th August 2022 at 08:46.
StudioAbraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 07:18   #4704
BHPian

Quote:
Even mine registration is valid till 2032 but RTO are bound by Supreme court ruling that the registration to be cancelled at the end of ten years unless one takes NOC in favor of person residing in a RTO zone which can re-register 10 years old diesel cars.
So as a UP registered & tax paid car you need to apply NoC before end of 10 year and take or sell it to another RTO which allows. There are few districts in UP which allows BSIV Diesel cars more than 10 years old.
In such case you do not pay tax as same is already paid till 2032, only registration & transfer charges to be paid (minimal amount less than 10K)
And then we can use the car in NCR as well since private cars do have all-India permits, right?
If that is true, its quite weird policy with a simple way around.
Old 31st August 2022, 08:39   #4705
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour Engine Dies Suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Dear Bhpians,
Could this be an early sign of a infamous Torque Converter or the flex plate issue? I've experienced the occasional thud while the AT shifts during over years but it's never been a major problem.
Cheers!
Could be. Nothing much you can do except for a thorough check by the ASC. You can take two opinions from two different Ford ASCs. As a minimum you can get the gearbox oil changed. The smoothness will increase and probably solve your issue.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:53   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
And then we can use the car in NCR as well since private cars do have all-India permits, right?
If that is true, its quite weird policy with a simple way around.
No you can't use the car in NCR.
The rules is not only limited to NCR registered cars. Any car over 10 (Diesel) or 15 (petrol) years cannot run in NCR. So even if you change the RTO, the car cannot play in NCR.
What is different for other RTO registered car is that they can simply shift the car to some other location without worrying about registration cancellation but a NCR registered car will be auto de-registered if you do not take NoC & move to new RTO before end of their prescribed time.
Here the guidelines is applicable on car running in NCR irrespective of their RTO location.

Last edited by Wanderers : 1st September 2022 at 12:55.
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 07:25   #4707
BHPian

Quote:
No you can't use the car in NCR.
The rules is not only limited to NCR registered cars. Any car over 10 (Diesel) or 15 (petrol) years cannot run in NCR. So even if you change the RTO, the car cannot play in NCR.
What is different for other RTO registered car is that they can simply shift the car to some other location without worrying about registration cancellation but a NCR registered car will be auto de-registered if you do not take NoC & move to new RTO before end of their prescribed time.
Here the guidelines is applicable on car running in NCR irrespective of their RTO location.
Well, that's a bummer.
Thanks for sharing the info though.

I never was stopped by any policemen, so how they will know if my car's 10 years are over? I mean they can calculate based on the registration number series, but once the RTO is changed, a new number will be issued, and in that case, it's easy. As usually, a well-maintained SUV is the last thing police personnel are willing to stop.
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:13   #4708
BHPian

Quote:
Well, that's a bummer.
Thanks for sharing the info though.

I never was stopped by any policemen, so how they will know if my car's 10 years are over? I mean they can calculate based on the registration number series, but once the RTO is changed, a new number will be issued, and in that case, it's easy. As usually, a well-maintained SUV is the last thing police personnel are willing to stop.
Agree. Generally the cop target some old model or discontinued car when they see them at a crossing or parking. Although the Vaahan based hand-held device does gives the date of first registration incase of an number changed car but cops are not going to check each & every car they come across. So unless you are pulled for some other reason, its very unlikely that you will be caught. However you are driving on your own risk in such case.

The other place they can look for the date of registration is on the number plate sticker (Mandatory) on windshield. It does mention the date of registration, although in initial phase of replacement of number plates for old car, they have wrongly mentioned the date of make/print on the sticker. My car was one of those.

Last edited by Wanderers : 2nd September 2022 at 12:14.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 19:50   #4709
BHPian

Hello All,

@Pandits - I need your advice.

I have this 3.2 beast of 2019 model. The warranty expires in Nov 2022.
I have lower/moderate use. The experience till now indicates this vehicle is fully dependable and I am a very satisfied customer with the features, power, comfort, ride quality this vehicle offers!

Given the scenario with Ford exit, does it make sense to go with the extended warranty they are offering beyond 3 years? I plan to keep this beast for long term , atleast for 7 years.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 6th September 2022 at 20:07.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 14:08   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Hello All,

@Pandits - I need your advice.

Given the scenario with Ford exit, does it make sense to go with the extended warranty they are offering beyond 3 years? I plan to keep this beast for long term , atleast for 7 years.
I am in a similar dilemma. Mine is a 2019 October 3.2 facelift model (51k kms on odo) and warranty expiring next month. Buying extended warranty is a way to go if you want to keep the vehicle for another 5 years. Ours is a gem of a model with no transmission issue or underpowered engine. “Touchwood”.

Had so many instances to upgrade to luxury cars but that means would have to sell Ford Endeavour because already have a 2015 toyota fortuner at home which my dad/family still uses for occasional highway trips (gets driven in a innova for daily office commute) and mom still don’t want to change it because of emotions attached to it.(btw odo is at 2 lac kms and still running butter-smooth)

In short, unless you are willing to shell more than 65 lacs in current market, they is no feasible upgrade which makes sense. Recently serviced it at Ford ASC and got a bill of just 10k Rs for 50k kms service, coming from a European VW polo experiences i went like in a good way. My next upgrade is tyres as MRF wanderers are beyond their life and looking into Michelin Primacy or Geolanders AT. Any suggestions would be appreciated.(Mostly city and highway commutes)
sachin2612 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks