Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2021, 20:48   #4546
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

There are lots of media news of Ford Endeavour coming back to the Indian market. I read somewhere that the Endeavour will be among 8 cars including the Mustang Mach-E which Ford will bring to India as CBUs starting from the middle of 2022.

Since it will be a CBU import, the cost most likely will be in north of Rs 60 lakh, ex-showroom, making it much more expensive than the segment-leader Toyota Fortuner. The downside is it has anyway lost a lot of market and this route will mean only die hard fans will touch it since it will be too costly. The Endeavour is also assembled in Thailand, Vietnam and China, where the SUV is christened as Ford Everest. So the most viable could be imports from Thailand.

Fingers crossed for this good news.
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 23:54   #4547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
Can anyone tell me what size spanner will fit this car? I want to buy one and keep it in the car.
It's exactly 19mm. Better to have spanners for 19 and 20mm. A torque spanner is also useful. In addition, you can buy spare wheel nuts as well. I had bought a pack of 10 wheel nuts for around Rs. 2000 from Ford ASC and its permanently kept in my car as spares.
Old 16th November 2021, 22:28   #4548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
I have a 2018 Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. I recently found out the spanner that came with the car doesn’t fit the wheel nuts (spanner is slightly smaller in diameter). My local tyre shop too didn’t have a spanner that fit nicely, they wanted to hammer the spanner into fitting the nuts. Said it’s a problem with some ford cars.

Can anyone tell me what size spanner will fit this car? I want to buy one and keep it in the car.
Delamination and swelling of lug nuts is a common problem in Endeavour. I wrote about it in detail here (Ford Endeavour : Official Review). Please insist upon replacement of the swollen lug nuts under warranty.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 16:11   #4549
BHPian

For the love of Ford , I picked up a Dec'17 50k kms run 3.2 Titanium to replace my Oct'15 52k kms run Ecosport (bought in July'17 and driven 36k kms). Having owned Ikon, Figo & Ecosport, this is one last chance to own yet another Ford.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20211203223753.jpg

The upgrade is more due to want than need. I always wanted to own a big diesel and this was the last opportunity. I wanted a 3.2 and hence my search was made easy. Found the right car and closed the deal at 23 + 1% commission (park and sell) + Insurance after a thorough check on the history and appraisal at Dhruvan Ford.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20211203202210.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20211202214637.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20211201203428.jpg

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 5th December 2021 at 16:13.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 18:47   #4550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The upgrade is more due to want than need. I always wanted to own a big diesel and this was the last opportunity. I wanted a 3.2 and hence my search was made easy. Found the right car and closed the deal at 23 + 1% commission (park and sell) + Insurance
Congratulations on the great buy. 23 is a very good deal. Wish you many many safe miles. Make sure you renew the extended warranty upto 6 years, or take the anytime warranty.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 21:02   #4551
BHPian

Some good news about future Ford services.

Ford to retain over 90 percent of service networks
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 09:27   #4552
BHPian

Is it good decision to switch to XUV700 from 3.2 Endeavour?
Old 17th December 2021, 11:33   #4553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Depends largely on the reason for switch.

At the outset, both of these are different segments altogether - Endeavour is a body-on-frame, rugged SUV with proper 4wd mechanism, whereas the XUV7OO is a monocoque soft-roader.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 17:35   #4554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
For the love of Ford , I picked up a Dec'17 50k kms run 3.2 Titanium
Congratulations and Envy . I was looking at the same car only to be told that it was sold the next day. Glad it is with a BHPian. Happy Miles !!
sudharshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 06:53   #4555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
It will be a very good decision from the perspective of the guy who buys it from you.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:59   #4556
BHPian

Hello

I wanted to report a rather strange failure with my 3.2 Endy and seek opinions and advice if any.

So I have a Dec 2016 3.2 Endy with very few kms on it (Just 21K)

Like most people, had planned a trip for new years and was going from Bangalore to Kabini via Nelamangla, Nagamangla, Srirangapatna route.

Just about 10 Kms from Neelamangla the transmission just gave away. Was doing around 90Kmph at that time.

Due to the momentum of a fully loaded vehicle was able to coast to the shoulder and park safely.

Tried all things, Sport Mode, 4X4 low etc but there was no effect. Just the engine revs but no power going to the wheels.

Vehicle got towed to PPS ford Yelahanka.

They have informed me that the Torque Converter has failed and needs to be replaced.

They have yet not opened the vehicle, and say that they will do so one they receive the replacement Torque Converter.

Problem reported is similar to https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...not-india.html (Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!)

Am surprised that Torque Converter can fail in just 21K Kms, although the vehicle is 5 years old now.

Warranty has also expired by now. Estimated cost of repair is around 75K including Labour.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20211230_112126.jpg
Vehicle being loaded onto the flatbed.
anshuman77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 14:13   #4557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
I wanted to report a rather strange failure with my 3.2 Endy and seek opinions and advice if any.
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. While these issues are not unheard of, when it comes to Endeavour 3.2, a mileage of 21k is way too low for the TC to fail. Wish your Endeavour a speedy recovery Please keep us posted on the timeline and cost incurred.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 17:53   #4558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just about 10 Kms from Neelamangla the transmission just gave away. Was doing around 90Kmph at that time.
A friend bought a used Endeavour and faced slight jerks when shifting to D and R.

Investigation much later showed that the oil pan had been removed and replaced and transmission oil refilled, and a new oil cooler fitted.

The endy had taken a hit on the oil cooler when being towed or off roaded and coolant / transmission oil had got mixed, leading to a (comparatively minor) failure of the pressure control solenoid.

Take the car to a professional automatic transmission workshop, Ford ASS will invariably say “failed, replace”

Did you ignore such jerking, warning lights etc? There are plenty of warning signs you can spot well before a catastrophic failure of the TC.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 18:29   #4559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
A friend bought a used Endeavour and faced slight jerks when shifting to D and R.

Investigation much later showed that the oil pan had been removed and replaced and transmission oil refilled, and a new oil cooler fitted.

The endy had taken a hit on the oil cooler when being towed or off roaded and coolant / transmission oil had got mixed, leading to a (comparatively minor) failure of the pressure control solenoid.

Take the car to a professional automatic transmission workshop, Ford ASS will invariably say “failed, replace”

Did you ignore such jerking, warning lights etc? There are plenty of warning signs you can spot well before a catastrophic failure of the TC.
Thanks,

I have not faced any jerks, shifting problems or any warning lights at all...
Hence this is a bigger mystery..

Dont know of any Auto transmission workshops, Any recommendations?
Old 3rd January 2022, 18:49   #4560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Most of the 2016-17 models are already jerky. This is a known issue in the 2016-17 Endeavours and normally there may not be any signs before the torque converter fails. Basically the torque converter welds/bolts of the flex plates have broken off (the plate that connects the transmission to the flywheel). As per a Ford technical bulletin, ASC are instructed to replace the existing Dowel pins with revised Dowel pins, to rectify the issue.

Quote:
Dont know of any Auto transmission workshops, Any recommendations?
Do not go to any third party workshops. Go to Ford ASC even if you are out of warranty. This is a precision job and requires expertise. There is no time for experiment. Even Ford recommends a replacement. Most of the Ford ASC in bigger cities have done this job many times.
You can send a mail to custmail@ford.com and get the ASC involved. They may offer a 50% discount on parts even if you are out of warranty.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 3rd January 2022 at 18:56.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks