Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2021, 22:35   #4486
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Michelin LTX stock size, 25K Kms now, use cold pressure 36-37 on all wheels. No issues. Eats up pretty much everything on the Road.
PistonRing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 05:46   #4487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
+1.
You are one of the first person to agree on the handling characteristic for the 285 tyres. I have mentioned this before and people did not agree.
Apollo Apterra AT2 are good for city, highway and offroad use.
I always keep 32 cold air pressure in all 4 tyres irrespective of the use.
I think the only way to sort this out is for some actual comparative testing rather than tossing around figures that work on one car and not on another.

Do you know any other Endeavours in your city shod with 285 Michelins, Ruzbeh? Inflate that to 32 nitrogen cold air pressure and try it out. Do this with pure nitrogen at a known tyre shop rather than a petrol pump ++ with alignment checked and balancing if needed done.

Personally speaking I've put some 2500 km on my tyres after shifting to 32, as validated at a trusted tyre store where I can trust the gauge. Unfortunately my Endeavour will probably need a firmware change not just software update to turn on live TPMS display.

I know I can get TPMS pressures off the OBD reading and display it with an external monitor or an app on my phone, but I don't want to drive with an OBD2 scanner permanently stuck in the car, especially as it is a random Chinese one that may not react well to sustained use.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 08:07   #4488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Do you know any other Endeavours in your city shod with 285 Michelins, Ruzbeh? Inflate that to 32 nitrogen cold air pressure and try it out. Do this with pure nitrogen at a known tyre shop rather than a petrol pump ++ with alignment checked and balancing if needed done.
I don't need to test and examine Endeavours in my city as we have a PAN India group and Maharashtra Endeavour group, and quite a few have provided their feedback on 285s on the Endeavour. Secondly I don't need to prove a point to anyone because I am using stock size tyres since delivery and a proud owner since 4+ years. I am just sharing what members have told me.

Quote:
Personally speaking I've put some 2500 km on my tyres after shifting to 32, as validated at a trusted tyre store where I can trust the gauge.
Yes 32 is the sweet point, no matter what tyre you have. After experiments with various tyre pressures, I too have concluded that 32 is the best.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:45   #4489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
I recently got the Michelin Primacy SUV 285-60-R-18 for my Ford Titanium. (Previously had the Michelin Primacy SUV 265 - 60-R-18). The right quality and handling has gone really bad. At PSI 29/ 28 feels like a drag. At 32/34 very hard and rough drive. Thinking of going back to the stock size of 265. Any thoughts on what would be the best brand and type given the import issues. Either ways : would strong recommend not to upsize tyres in the Endeavour.
Upsize of tyres is required only when a certain vehicles comes under-tyred for cost or fuel efficiency reasons. The lower variants come with smaller tires and higher variants come with a size bigger etc, in case of endeavour it is not required. You may use a slightly wider alloy wheel if you want to enhance the looks while retaining stock tyre size.

A bigger tire increases the weight on each corner, some types of tyres are really heavy, next time you are in a tire shop, try them out. You can imagine how much additional stress it is going to put on the suspension bits.

Use stock size and perhaps a premium tyre if it's know for grip, longevity and quiet ride at the same time, worth the premium. Or if in doubt , use Bridgestone.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 03:04   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Or if in doubt , use Bridgestone.
I somehow haven't had a great experience with Bridgestones. They came as OEMs with my Palio and XUV 500. Had changed to Michelins on both and the ride and decibel levels had changed dramatically. Maybe the stock tyres weren't that good and aftermarket models may be better, but I am smitten by Mr Bibendum.
Old 21st September 2021, 09:53   #4491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonRing View Post
I somehow haven't had a great experience with Bridgestones. They came as OEMs with my Palio and XUV 500.
I had Bridgestone Dueler 17 inch stock tyres on my XUV5OO. In 5 years of ownership, I used the same tyres and did many trail drives. Did not have a single puncture. After I sold my car, I told the new owner to replace the tyres, but he carried on and till dated after 9 years he is still using the same tyres. His local tyrewalla said that they still have life.
The vehicle has clocked closed to a lakh kilometers till date. Ideally the tyres should have been changed within 5-6 years but its now the new owner's decision.
Old 21st September 2021, 22:40   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The vehicle has clocked closed to a lakh kilometers till date.
That's mind blowing. But this kind of longevity will come at the cost of something. Either the Ride or the Decibel level. If someone is not bothered about these then it looks as if Bridgestone is the way to go.
PistonRing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 19:23   #4493
BHPian

Finally got rid of the Michelin Primacy SUV 285 60 R 18. And got myself 265 60 R 18 Nexen (Korean). I was looking for HT and not AT, hence the options were limited (due to limited imports). Nevertheless : The ride quality & comfort has improved 100x. It was a terrible mistake to have upsized in the Ford Endeavour despite the 3.2 larger engine. The engine drag that I was feeling is also gone. Thank you to some of the members here for encouraging me to go back to the stock sizes.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-eb2a17003a9b435aba475a8bd8be6e55.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-38c0ffa7edf1425e825749f43b896147.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 27th September 2021 at 10:00. Reason: Nexon = Nexen
ashishkashyap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 23:16   #4494

Fellow Bhpians. Need an advice. I am getting inclined to buy an endeavour knowing well Ford has shut shop in India. I am getting some discount on the available inventory and feels that it’s a risk worth taking. It is a wonderful car and I live in Gurgaon and believe that service will surely be available in Delhi/NCR at least for next 3-5 years if not more.
I am looking at 4X4 titanium plus which is available at the dealer for immediate pick up. Please let me know if this is fine as I am not able to convince myself yet for anything else which matches endeavour at this price point.

When I see post of people selling their current endeavour and I am planning to still buy a new one I want to be sure that I am not thinking stupid
Old 27th September 2021, 01:44   #4495
BHPian

Hello everyone. I have clocked about 35k kms on Endeavour and I am not feeling very confident on the stock tires. They have started to become noisy and sometimes on highway speeds ~100/110 kmph I feel like the vehicle is aquaplaning.

My vehicle is in good health and I keep the tire pressure and alignment in check. I think the tires will last 8 to 10k kms more at max. My primary use is on the highway and I am looking for suggestions on the new set.

My running in the few months is going to be heavy. I'd be clocking about 4-5k kms/month so I have about 2 months to buy a new set. On my smaller cars I have mostly used Michelin XM/2 and really happy with them, not looking to upsize on endy.
Old 27th September 2021, 10:22   #4496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post
Hello everyone. I have clocked about 35k kms on Endeavour and I am not feeling very confident on the stock tires. They have started to become noisy and sometimes on highway speeds ~100/110 kmph I feel like the vehicle is aquaplaning.

My vehicle is in good health and I keep the tire pressure and alignment in check. I think the tires will last 8 to 10k kms more at max. My primary use is on the highway and I am looking for suggestions on the new set.

My running in the few months is going to be heavy. I'd be clocking about 4-5k kms/month so I have about 2 months to buy a new set. On my smaller cars I have mostly used Michelin XM/2 and really happy with them, not looking to upsize on endy.
I used 265-60-R-18 Michelin Primacy SUV for 40000 Km. (These are not the ATs). Not a single puncture in 40k Kms. Ride quality for excellent too. Try if you can find these in the market. I needed to replace these recently : could not find this size in Michelin (due to the issue of imports) and ended up making a mistake of upsizing to 285-60-R-18. I have undone the mistake by going back to the stock sizes but in another brand “Nexen”. Too early to comment on this. If you can find the 265-60-R-18 Michelin Primacy SUV, you cannot go wrong.
ashishkashyap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:30   #4497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post

I have been using Yokohama Geolanders GO15 A/Ts for last 30k kms in my Endeavour 3.2 and I feel they are the best combinations of highway and off-road/rough use.
In highways, they are very silent for A/Ts and grip awesome on both dry and wet surfaces.
Furthermore, after 30k kms, they have barely reached 30-40% of their life and I guess they should last another 40-50k kms.
Most reviews are very positive for this tyre and in current GO15s iteration, sidewalls are tougher than before which was the older iterations only complaint.

Last edited by Aniket6 : 27th September 2021 at 15:32.
Aniket6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 16:16   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
I used 265-60-R-18 Michelin Primacy SUV for 40000 Km. (These are not the ATs). Not a single puncture in 40k Kms. Ride quality for excellent too. Try if you can find these in the market. I needed to replace these recently : could not find this size in Michelin (due to the issue of imports) and ended up making a mistake of upsizing to 285-60-R-18. I have undone the mistake by going back to the stock sizes but in another brand “Nexen”. Too early to comment on this. If you can find the 265-60-R-18 Michelin Primacy SUV, you cannot go wrong.
The top two brands which come to my mind when it comes to tires are Michelin and Yokohama. I have been using the Michelins since 2016 on i20, even I experienced the same thing about them never been punctured in spite of having soft sidewalls. The ride quality was much better than the stock Apollo and the handling improved lowkey as well. Only compromise with them was the durability and I had a minor quality issue with one tire which wasn't resolved by the brand and blamed my driving style instead . Also, did you voluntarily change the tires at just 40k or they gave up that early? In my XUV the set of Bridgestone lasted about 70k kms so I am keen on getting something that last at least 50-60k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I have been using Yokohama Geolanders GO15 A/Ts for last 30k kms in my Endeavour 3.2 and I feel they are the best combinations of highway and off-road/rough use.
In highways, they are very silent for A/Ts and grip awesome on both dry and wet surfaces.
Furthermore, after 30k kms, they have barely reached 30-40% of their life and I guess they should last another 40-50k kms.
Most reviews are very positive for this tyre and in current GO15s iteration, sidewalls are tougher than before which was the older iterations only complaint.
Most of the Endy's in my apartment are shod with the Yokohama. That gives me a boost even though I have zero experience with the brand. My usage is primarily on the highways but I do take the off beaten path at times and as you said, if these A/Ts are nearly as silent as H/Ts, I would get them in a jiffy. The added range is also a bonus.
Old 27th September 2021, 16:50   #4499

My endeavour left side front door speaker makes a buzzing sound on and off.I sent the car to service centre but they are unable to diagnose the issue.If any body has knowledge to it than kindly advise.Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 05:51   #4500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Same part is listed at OLX but if we check K&N it does not bring up. They only list Cabin filter016-ford-everest-k-n-drop-in-air-filter-original-k-and-n-k-n-ID7uDBj.html[/url]
Does someone have the actual part numbers for Endeavour 3.2 from 2018?

The one in the above post seems to be for various Kia models.

This seems to fit + also sort of looks like the Endeavour filter.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...PFRR6FVM&psc=1

And what is the corresponding AC filter model number?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks