Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2021, 14:38   #4471
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That is a deliberate safety margin. But other than that there is extra speed from a downward sloping road, wind at your back etc (ok wind is not as much of a factor in an endeavour)
I am not getting you, how come downward sloping road gives you extra speed than speedometer? No matter what kind of slope you are on, the speedometer shows speed based on the rotation of the wheel. So that's not at all a factor to consider here. The safety margin will remain the same, as it's not because of the type of road slope you might be on but to ensure you are never caught overspeeding and later filing a suit against the company based on the speedometer readings.
Old 29th August 2021, 14:49   #4472
Team-BHP Support

^^

Good article on the subject of speedo/ tyre size.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...meter-scandal/
Old 30th August 2021, 07:13   #4473

I would suggest you to go for Geolander 275/60/18. I have changed mine and the ride is super silent, although the fuel economy has dropped by say 0.5 Kmpl. But over all its a good bargain and I regret for changing them so late. Thanks.

MOD NOTE : Please put a space after a punctuation mark. Thank You.

Last edited by Sheel : 30th August 2021 at 10:27. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 30th August 2021, 09:32   #4474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
I am not getting you, how come downward sloping road gives you extra speed than speedometer? No matter what kind of slope you are on, the speedometer shows speed based on the rotation of the wheel. So that's not at all a factor to consider here. The safety margin will remain the same, as it's not because of the type of road slope you might be on but to ensure you are never caught overspeeding and later filing a suit against the company based on the speedometer readings.
I mean if you have the speedometer kept at an even 100 and then hit a gentle downward slope in the road you'll be upto 120+ before you know it. And cops love to have speed traps on such slopes.
Old 30th August 2021, 15:30   #4475
BHPian

Quote:
I mean if you have the speedometer kept at an even 100 and then hit a gentle downward slope in the road you'll be upto 120+ before you know it. And cops love to have speed traps on such slopes.
Yes, but that 120+ speed will be reported by the Speedometer. So we are not keeping the speedometer below the actual speed. Moreover, if we are using Cruise Control, then it won't let us reach 120+ even on the downward slope, as Endeavour software control that part automatically and keep it within the set speed.
I am not that much experienced, and probably since my 90% driving was within Delhi NCR, I never saw mine reaching from 100 to 120+ at any downward slope. I only drove 60k KM so far, so maybe less experienced for such a situation as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuldeepSingh View Post
I would suggest you to go for Geolander 275/60/18. I have changed mine and the ride is super silent, although the fuel economy has dropped by say 0.5 Kmpl. But over all its a good bargain and I regret for changing them so late. Thanks.
I recently changed to BF Goodrich and standard 265/60/R18 look wider than 285/60/R18.

Last edited by GKG4 : 30th August 2021 at 15:31.
Old 5th September 2021, 05:22   #4476
BHPian

Autocar India: Ford faces tough future in India.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ndia+News+feed

A comprehensive analysis of Ford's future in India.
Old 16th September 2021, 05:44   #4477
BHPian

Fancy new update of the ICE Display. It’s nice but I think I preferred the older one. The new ones UI is more suited to larger screens with smaller buttons and tinier font. Thats going to be the norm now with everything it seems. UIs for everything with multiple display sizes will be biased towards the larger ones where more info can be crammed in which will result in reduced footprints on smaller displays.
Old 18th September 2021, 07:24   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonRing View Post
Fancy new update of the ICE Display.
Possible for you to share the images as I am not able to find them on internet?
Old 18th September 2021, 12:45   #4479
BHPian

I don't have the old one anymore, it's from the Internet. Old, New(Light), New(Dark), Sync Version.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-a06853be6adb49a4b91cb274260ff052_1_201_a.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-a5818029092545faacbba0f398f5eefc.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-634de67f5c5746cb89b4cd03697cc927.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-75c855439b40452aa1f6bbc0ba180aab.jpeg  

Old 19th September 2021, 08:45   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonRing View Post
I don't have the old one anymore, it's from the Internet. Old, New(Light), New(Dark), Sync Version.
The cyanlabs.net build? It is excellent. Just be careful to follow the instructions to the dot as you risk bricking your device if not.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:12   #4481
BHPian

Sorry for not being clear in my previous post. The photo of old Sync version was from the Internet. This update was pushed automatically by Ford via Wi-Fi.
Old 19th September 2021, 14:58   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Same experience with Michelins as well? What was the alloy recommendation by the way (what PCD etc) to take 285s?
I recently got the Michelin Primacy SUV 285-60-R-18 for my Ford Titanium. (Previously had the Michelin Primacy SUV 265 - 60-R-18). The right quality and handling has gone really bad. At PSI 29/ 28 feels like a drag. At 32/34 very hard and rough drive. Thinking of going back to the stock size of 265. Any thoughts on what would be the best brand and type given the import issues. Either ways : would strong recommend not to upsize tyres in the Endeavour.
ashishkashyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 16:28   #4483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I would suggest the following:

1) Change your tyres. I recently changed my tyres to Apollo Apterra AT2 and very satisfied with it. Coopers are the best for onroad and offroad use, but currently not available in India, as imports are poor now.

2) Get your wheel alignment done from a good reputed place with latest Hunter machine, which can align all four wheels.

3) Don't oversize tyres eg. 285, unless you change your rims also. Oversized tyres on original Ford alloys also cause uneven wear.
Agree. I just got an oversize Micheling Primacy SUV 285-60-R-18 and the vehicle is handling very poorly. What is the driving comfort in city conditions with Apollo Apterra? Also what is the optimal air pressure with these tyres?
ashishkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 19:04   #4484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
Agree. I just got an oversize Micheling Primacy SUV 285-60-R-18 and the vehicle is handling very poorly. What is the driving comfort in city conditions with Apollo Apterra? Also what is the optimal air pressure with these tyres?
Try 32 on all four tyres not 32/34 front and rear. It is a lot better. And make sure your alignment and balancing are done at a good place with Hunter equipment.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 21:32   #4485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try 32 on all four tyres not 32/34 front and rear. It is a lot better. And make sure your alignment and balancing are done at a good place with Hunter equipment.
+1.
Agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
You are one of the first person to agree on the handling characteristic for the 285 tyres. I have mentioned this before and people did not agree.
Apollo Apterra AT2 are good for city, highway and offroad use.
I always keep 32 cold air pressure in all 4 tyres irrespective of the use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks