Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:46   #4441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I had the Autocop track pro gps tracker installed from my old Scorpio in the Endeavour, and the installer sleeved the trackpro’s power supply to the ignition wiring.

Ford now tells me this means I won’t be able to get anytime extended warranty on the Endeavour and suggests that I power it off the 12V socket. This kind of defeats the purpose of having a hidden tracking device. And having had a previous car stolen I kind of need this gadget.

Any way to install this safely such as with a fuse tap from a spare fuse?
Old 24th July 2021, 19:46   #4442

You may consider Onelap Go, portable GPS tracking device (https://www.onelap.in/gps-tracking-devices/ol_go_1). I have been using it for some time now and found it to be quite reliable.
Old 25th July 2021, 06:09   #4443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docinog View Post
You may consider Onelap Go, portable GPS tracking device (https://www.onelap.in/gps-tracking-devices/ol_go_1). I have been using it for some time now and found it to be quite reliable.
Thanks. That takes care of the tracking. In my old Scorpio the Autocop device could also switch on the immobiliser remotely and not allow the engine to be cranked unless the device was unlocked by sms.

Ford seems to have too complex a mechanism for Autocop to enable this functionality so they only enabled tracking by connecting it to the ignition for power.
Old 25th July 2021, 19:22   #4444

The Onelap device has features like Geofencing but it doesn't have remote immobilisation. Apparently you require a physical connection through the OBD for that.
Old 25th July 2021, 21:33   #4445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docinog View Post
The Onelap device has features like Geofencing but it doesn't have remote immobilisation. Apparently you require a physical connection through the OBD for that.
I elected to continue with Autocop because I have a running subscription plan, and moreover it is listed on several Ford dealership websites in India and the Middle East as a supported accessory.

The Autocop tech who did the install told me he’d had some training on the endeavour at a local Ford dealership in order to work out the best way to install this in various Ford’s (he did say that they were not wiring into the immobiliser as the electronics were a lot more complex than in my Scorpio)

So as this is an officially supported accessory presumably Ford must have worked out some way to install it but not break warranty conditions. Hopefully.
Old 6th August 2021, 18:46   #4446
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hi everyone. Just a curious lurker here.

From what I see, the Endeavour's replacement parts sound extremely reasonable, especially for the price tag the vehicle carries.

I remember paying 60k for replacing an injector on my Superb's 2.0 TDI. But whatever is saved is probably polished off by the mileage

I wish Ze Germans would localise parts too like Ford has done (and similarly maintain quality).
Old 7th August 2021, 01:54   #4447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Hi everyone. Just a curious lurker here.

From what I see, the Endeavour's replacement parts sound extremely reasonable, especially for the price tag the vehicle carries.
Endeavour has a staggering 9.5 litres of oil but it is the same spec of oil that goes into the Figo or Ecosport - and that is cheap + of reasonably good quality. The parts are often imported, the filters on my Endeavour are made in plants in China, Thailand etc. I guess that works out far cheaper than Made in Germany.

Ford sells far more units worldwide for a global model like the Endeavour / Ranger / Everest, so I guess there is substantially more economy of scale for them and parts costs remain low.
hserus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 06:47   #4448
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Endeavour has a staggering 9.5 litres of oil but it is the same spec of oil that goes into the Figo or Ecosport - and that is cheap + of reasonably good quality.

There is substantially more economy of scale for them and parts costs remain low.
Thanks for the insight. That definitely makes sense and keeps the customer happy as well.
Old 13th August 2021, 11:32   #4449
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Endeavour Spied On Test In India - New 2.0-litre Twin Turbo on test OR ARAI re-testing the emission standards of the SUV ?

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fordendeavourspied.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 13:34   #4450
Team-BHP Support

Have a query on the alignment and tyre wear, our Endeavour has done 56000 kms on the original MRF wanderer. But one thing I notice is the tyre wear on the insides. The vehicle is regularly aligned at Madhu's and readings always has been within spec, with only very minor toe correction that was needed.

Usually I get the mechanical service done at Ford and then the alignment, so that has been happening from day 1 and at intervals of about 7-8 k kms. This wear (inside thread) I have noticed right from 10k kms mark, not very alarming but with just 4 wheels being rotated (thanks to space saver spare), net to net losing out on about 5-7k kms of usable life at the end of 56,000 kms. Wanted to see if there is any solution or was thinking of getting alignment done at ford once and then cross check with their measurements and that of Madhu's equipment.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has observed this on their vehicle? All 4 wheels have the same pattern and with varying severity due to the rotations, but I felt it is the front axles that causes this wear to begin with.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_4a5a2af0b57a1.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 26th August 2021 at 21:58. Reason: Acronym
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 01:05   #4451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have a query on the alignment and tyre wear, our Endy has done 56000 kms on the original MRF wanderer. But one thing I notice is the tyre wear on the insides.
I assume you ruled out suspension and ball joints requiring fixing?

What pressure do you keep your tyres at? Under inflation can also cause inner side wear.
Old 26th August 2021, 09:17   #4452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I assume you ruled out suspension and ball joints requiring fixing?

What pressure do you keep your tyres at? Under inflation can also cause inner side wear.
Yes everything aok mechanically and air pressure also as per spec. Again it’s not under inflation coz it’s only inner side and not inner and outer together as it happens when you run low pressure.
Old 26th August 2021, 09:23   #4453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it’s not under inflation coz it’s only inner side and not inner and outer together as it happens when you run low pressure.
As you have previously mentioned get alignment checked from ASS followed by madhu’s. Best will be to change the tyres, you have got a reasonable life already.

Usually suspension for Endeavour is good for 80-1 lac km if driven on urban roads. I had to get some bushes done at around 1,20 lac km as it started making some sound.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 12:37   #4454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
As you have previously mentioned get alignment checked from ASS followed by madhu’s. Best will be to change the tyres, you have got a reasonable life already.
Thanks, and yes the whole question came to mind since I was planning to replace the tires. Want to ensure the new tyres don't land up with same issue. Will get the alignment done at Ford before I go for new tyres and straight drive to Madhu's to check how they compare.
Old 26th August 2021, 13:33   #4455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, and yes the whole question came to mind since I was planning to replace the tires. Want to ensure the new tyres don't land up with same issue. Will get the alignment done at Ford before I go for new tyres and straight drive to Madhu's to check how they compare.
My Endeavour tires were swapped at 45K and during swap there was bit of uneven wear. I missed a routine alignment and running through bad roads/monsoon is to blame. Your tires look good for another 10K atleast, in which case good to get balancing done too.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks