Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 09:34   #4501
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargmudit View Post
F When I see post of people selling their current endeavour and I am planning to still buy a new one I want to be sure that I am not thinking stupid
This Risk vs Reward choice will have to be taken by you only based on your own assessment. I have driven the Endeavour now for 25000 Km's. While buying it in 2019, I had test driven the entire competition at this price point. There is nothing else which matches this in a multitude of aspects. In the time that I have spent with it, I have found it to be Robust, Comfortable and Easy to drive. I have driven it on Bad roads(a trip to Mandalpatti, Kodagu) and in the City. The worst beating it took was a really bad bump on a cutaway of a concrete road which is so typical with our developing infrastructure. It came out unscathed and really upped my comfort quotient with it on bad roads. I won't venture into predicting its reliability/longevity since a lot depends on the way you drive and how you take care of the Car. If you possess the risk appetite, go for it.
PistonRing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:52   #4502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
It was a terrible mistake to have upsized in the Ford Endeavour despite the 3.2 larger engine. The engine drag that I was feeling is also gone. Thank you to some of the members here for encouraging me to go back to the stock sizes.
Thanks for confirming. This has been reported by many Endeavour owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post
Hello everyone. I have clocked about 35k kms on Endeavour and I am not feeling very confident on the stock tires. They have started to become noisy and sometimes on highway speeds ~100/110 kmph I feel like the vehicle is aquaplaning.
The MRF stock tyres on the Endeavour have a life of about 40,000 as most of our fellow members in our Endeavour group have changed it around that time. Any other tyres in stock size will be good.

Quote:
I have undone the mistake by going back to the stock sizes but in another brand “Nexen”. Too early to comment on this. If you can find the 265-60-R-18 Michelin Primacy SUV, you cannot go wrong.
Exactly. Upsizing is a mistake. Michelin in stock size is an excellent choice for the Endeavour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I have been using Yokohama Geolanders GO15 A/Ts for last 30k kms in my Endeavour 3.2 and I feel they are the best combinations of highway and off-road/rough use.
Yes. The new generation GO15 are far better than the GO12, which had numerous side wall cuts. However I feel, Yokohama can still improve.
Old 30th September 2021, 11:07   #4503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finally got rid of the Michelin Primacy SUV 285 60 R 18. The ride quality & comfort has improved 100x. It was a terrible mistake to have upsized in the Ford Endeavour despite the 3.2 larger engine. The engine drag that I was feeling is also gone.
I am not sure about this. Unless there was something terribly wrong with those Michliens, there is no way Endeavour can behave so differently. I have myself used this size and that too in BF. Please do update here after few months of use. Hope you have kept those Michelin's with you, just in case

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargmudit View Post
I am getting some discount on the available inventory and feels that it’s a risk worth taking. I am planning to still buy a new one I want to be sure that I am not thinking stupid
There are some other threads on the subject. Frankly, I will suggest you keep away from a new Ford purchase now, irrespective of the discounts. Remember, these things have to be on-road and so many things can go wrong. One thing is for certain, the service quality, availability of parts, warranty claims etc are all going to get worst in time to come. All this talk of CBU sales is hogwash to me. If I own a Ford, I will keep and enjoy it as long as possible but if it comes to buying a new one, sorry, No.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 11:26   #4504
BHPian

[quote=Turbanator;5162150]I am not sure about this. Unless there was something terribly wrong with those Michliens, there is no way Endeavour can behave so differently. I have myself used this size and that too in BF. Please do update here after few months of use. Hope you have kept those Michelin's with you, just in case

I too was surprised to see the entire handling and drive go for a toss after upsizing to 285-60-R-18. I did go through a lot of reviews here and owners of the Endeavour seem to have had a good experience with the upsize. And Yes! perhaps these Michelin 285's could have had a manufacturing defect/ counterfeit too. Who know? Bottom line : the vehicle felt really bad : so I changed back to stock sizes. Now keeping my fingers crossed that the "Koreans" perform well on this machine. Perhaps I am the only one in the country to have installed this on an Endeavour. Looking forward to sharing my feedback on this unique experiment soon!
Old 30th September 2021, 11:49   #4505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too was surprised to see the entire handling and drive go for a toss after upsizing to 285-60-R-18.
I have had the tyre pressure set to 32 on all 4 tyres with my 285/60r16 michelins and the ride has been much more decent than when inflated to 35-36 as is most people's (even experienced tyre shop owners) instinct when fitting such big tyres. It is also not the officially recommended spec.

The ride is a bit bouncy with just one person, but when there is a family in the car + luggage in the back the ride evens out considerably.

Also the michelin will easily last for 80-90k km or more, whereas any MRF, Nexen etc will go for a toss within 30-40k km.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 11:55   #4506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I have had the tyre pressure set to 32 on all 4 tyres with my 285/60r16 michelins and the ride has been much more decent than when inflated to 35-36 as is most people's (even experienced tyre shop owners) instinct when fitting such big tyres. It is also not the officially recommended spec.

The ride is a bit bouncy with just one person, but when there is a family in the car + luggage in the back the ride evens out considerably.

Also the michelin will easily last for 80-90k km or more, whereas any MRF, Nexen etc will go for a toss within 30-40k km.
With the 285's Michelins : i tried everything. Air pressure 32/ 30/ 28/ 26. At 26 it was less bumpy but the vehicle dragged. I also got the alignment checked at least three times and balancing too. But nothing worked. And yes : the vehicle is driven with max two passengers and not fully loaded. Which 285 Michelin's do you have on your wheels?
ashishkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:35   #4507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes : the vehicle is driven with max two passengers and not fully loaded. Which 285 Michelin's do you have on your wheels?
285/60r18 Primacy SUV. Try to keep some heavy weight at the back such as an old tyre or some other junk / spares.
Old 1st October 2021, 09:05   #4508
BHPian

My endeavour is now 4.5 years old. Just before Covid last year my front left tyre got a side wall scratch (not calling cut as it did not leak or blast) please see below
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fe797602b7a143d8983ab1c4db532ded.jpeg

The tyre is still holding on, done 5000 km since then but no bad road so far. Its filled with nitrogen and shifted to rear left. Invite suggestions on condition of
tyre, whether I could continue or should change it. Incase of change should I just change this tyre as all tyres threads still have 5-6 mm depth.

Last edited by Wanderers : 1st October 2021 at 09:11.
Old 1st October 2021, 09:33   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
My endeavour is now 4.5 years old. Just before Covid last year my front left tyre got a side wall scratch (not calling cut as it did not leak or blast) please see below
Did not leak or blast just yet. The compound has got hard and the rubber will be brittle. One sharp stone impact at the right place will cause a blast.

Junk the tyres, they are at around the limit of their usability once you have crossed 4 to 4.5 years.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:09   #4510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The tyre is still holding on, done 5000 km since then but no bad road so far. Its filled with nitrogen and shifted to rear left.
@Wanderers: please change ASAP. For such a heavy powerful SUV, even a rear tyre blowout will be traumatic and you can end up catastrophically damaging the alloy by the time you come to a stop.

Further, given Murphy's Law, any incident will happen at the worst possible time with family aboard etc.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:43   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
@Wanderers: please change ASAP. For such a heavy powerful SUV, even a rear tyre blowout will be traumatic
Quote:

Junk the tyres, they are at around the limit of their usability once you have crossed 4 to 4.5 years.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you. I was planning to change all the 4 tyres, posted above to get support for my decision.

Visited tyre shop and planning to buy Pirelli scorpion ATR, available at Rs17,500/- (non- negotiated) Any feedback or better option are welcome.
My requirements is comfort while doing city and long distance highway and no off-road.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:26   #4512

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonRing View Post
If you possess the risk appetite, go for it.
Thanks a lot. This really helps. I have decided to take the plunge and confirmed the booking. Will take delivery soon
gargmudit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 17:42   #4513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post
Hello everyone. I have clocked about 35k kms on Endeavour and I am not feeling very confident on the stock tires. They have started to become noisy and sometimes on highway speeds ~100/110 kmph I feel like the vehicle is aquaplaning.

My running in the few months is going to be heavy. I'd be clocking about 4-5k kms/month so I have about 2 months to buy a new set. On my smaller cars I have mostly used Michelin XM/2 and really happy with them, not looking to upsize on endy.
Hi. I have done about 1.2 Lakh kms on my Endy 3.2 AT Titanium (2016).
The stock tyres lasted about 51k with still some juice left but I got them changed before setting out on a trip to the Spiti Valley. The second set were changed after another 45k kms. And this time i was looking for the Yokohama Geloander G015s but there seemed to be a shortage then and thus narrowed down to the Pirelli Scorpion ATR. They are quite soft in my opinion and the ride has been quieter, though I am sure that they might not handle the rough as good as the Yokohama. Also, there has been a small sidewall cut, quite superficial, that I am going to get looked at. Overall, i would say that the Yokohama would be the best.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you. I was planning to change all the 4 tyres, posted above to get support for my decision.

Visited tyre shop and planning to buy Pirelli scorpion ATR, available at Rs17,500/- (non- negotiated) Any feedback or better option are welcome.
My requirements is comfort while doing city and long distance highway and no off-road.
Good that you have decided to get them changed. I would say Yokohama would be better though my ride with the Pirelli has been smooth and soft. This small superficial cut has me worried too.
Also , you may try tyrewaale.com from where i got my Pirellis, got a good deal in November last year. You may message me for details lest I should be held guilty of advertising

Mods: pardon the back to back posts. I forgot to multi-quote.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th October 2021 at 07:56. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 3rd October 2021, 18:15   #4514
BHPian

Wow! You all guys are really champ.
I changed to BF Goodrich back in Jan 2021, which cost me 20,500 per tyre.

Honestly, I can't feel any difference between soft stock tyres and hard BF Goodrich wider tyres (stock size but wider base).

Reading about different sizes, tyres, tyre pressure, I am thinking as if I have something wrong with me, as I can't feel any such major differences.

Quote:
Did not leak or blast just yet. The compound has got hard and the rubber will be brittle. One sharp stone impact at the right place will cause a blast.

Agree with this, apart from KMs, tyres do have timed age as well, with time rubber change whether you are using them or not and are prone to cracks and bursts. Changing them is the right decision.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 20:52   #4515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Wow! You all guys are really champ.
I changed to BF Goodrich back in Jan 2021, which cost me 20,500 per tyre.
Even costlier than Michelin Primacy SUV?!? Is it worth the premium?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks