Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 14:21   #4426
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
So - after a run of ~60k kms - got rid of 265/60/R18 Yoko Geolandars and replaced it with slightly bigger 275/60/R18 Geolandars !

Attachment 2178092

Attachment 2178093

Attachment 2178094

Early observations - wet weather grip is just amazing, everything else is fairly similar (definitely more comfortable but just about a marginal gain there).

For those looking out, and do not want to upsize to 285 - 275 might be a very good solution !
Hi Prateek, what was your reason to upgrade to a bigger size? what would be the disadvantages? if any for both 275 & 285. I am a fair distance away from a change but still would like to know. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th July 2021, 14:49   #4427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Hi Prateek, what was your reason to upgrade to a bigger size? what would be the disadvantages? if any for both 275 & 285. I am a fair distance away from a change but still would like to know. Thanks in advance.

Hey Vikram, So I wasn't actually looking to upsize but I struggled to source quality tyres at 265 (the only ones available were either MRF Wanderers (which I had made an effort on early on to get rid of), CEAT Czar and Dunlop AT22 which had horrible wet weather grip (atleast in the reviews). Falkens weren't available, BFGs and Pirellis were out of my budget, so the next best thing were the 275s on Yokohama (Yokohama did not have 265 available).

Disadvantages - mileage and turning agility - you get too much grip as you upsize and that isn't always good (). With 275s though (and now I have done over 1000 kms on this new set) - its very marginal. On 285s (which I experienced on another car) - I felt the grip was really too much and personally for me not fun to play around.
Old 14th July 2021, 14:59   #4428
BHPian

Quote:

Disadvantages - mileage and turning agility - you get too much grip as you upsize and that isn't always good (). With 275s though (and now I have done over 1000 kms on this new set) - its very marginal. On 285s (which I experienced on another car) - I felt the grip was really too much and personally for me not fun to play around.
The mileage anyway is not worth writing home about and gets hampered still. I used a Fortuner from 2011-2019 and my only complain, if any, was about the mileage but for such a big car I made my piece with it. Now I have a 3.2 Endeavour 2019 and looks like I downgraded in terms of kms per litre. Expected better returns with better tech and BS standards.
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 18:15   #4429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have 285s on my Endeavour but Michelins. I can't say turning agility is too much compromised, but I have yet to try this at highway speeds. The grip is excellent but to be expected of Michelin. What difference in mileage (roughly) did you see between 275 and 285?
Old 14th July 2021, 19:04   #4430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Now I have a 3.2 Endeavour 2019 and looks like I downgraded in terms of kms per litre. Expected better returns with better tech and BS standards.
I would say that when you buy vehicles like Fortuner and Endeavour, you do not look at the mileage, because you buy these vehicles for the pleasure of driving and the robust build that they offer. However with the current scenario of fuel costs in the country, fuel efficiency does matter.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:18   #4431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I would say that when you buy vehicles like Fortuner and Endeavour, you do not look at the mileage, because you buy these vehicles for the pleasure of driving and the robust build that they offer. However with the current scenario of fuel costs in the country, fuel efficiency does matter.
My MID showed 17.x on leisurely highway drives in my Scorpio (tank to tank closer to 13.5). My Endeavour MID shows me 6.5-7 on city drives. This is going to be fun. 6600++ rupee bill for a full tank of Shell normal diesel.

I do hope my manager approves a substantial raise in the upcoming appraisal results, I'm going to need every paisa of it.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 12:08   #4432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Got a 2018 Titanium 4wd 3.2 Endeavour run 58k KM (and selling my red Scorpio, any takers in Chennai / TN?) and there's a weird ticking noise when I shut off the engine.
Not sure about the noise but congratulations on your purchase. Please share some pics, if you can. Wishing you many happy miles on the beast
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 17:05   #4433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
We used to own a Q7 as well, 2013-2021 which we recently parted ways with, it used to return a mileage of 6 in the city, that I could understand, slightly though. driving pleasure was there but there was nothing ROBUST about that car. My 2011 fortuner fared better in terms of mileage, comparatively. I once asked a service advisor about the Q7's meagre mileage & huge tyre eating capabilities & his answer was "it's quattro and heavy", my response, "fortuner is of the same weight & full time 4 wheel drive as well". That discussion did not pan out.

My only complain is that with better quality standards of cars and high fuel prices, mileages should be better. But all this is boo haha, we are in the market again to find a replacement for our Q7 and it's going to be another SUV. Will be crying all the way to the gas station.
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 20:33   #4434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Not sure about the noise but congratulations on your purchase. Please share some pics, if you can. Wishing you many happy miles on the beast
That noise is the AC flap motor / actuator, confirmed. I've ordered the component so my regular AC mechanic can replace it.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 10:37   #4435
BHPian

Quote:
So - after a run of ~60k kms - got rid of 265/60/R18 Yoko Geolandars and replaced it with slightly bigger 275/60/R18 Geolandars !

Early observations - wet weather grip is just amazing, everything else is fairly similar (definitely more comfortable but just about a marginal gain there).

For those looking out, and do not want to upsize to 285 - 275 might be a very good solution !
Thanks for sharing, I was thinking of up-sizing to the same version (275/60/R18 Geolandars), what is the cost?
Also I am hearing, this size is not selling well and the tyres could be old? what was the manufacture date?
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 11:01   #4436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thanks for sharing, I was thinking of up-sizing to the same version (275/60/R18 Geolandars), what is the cost?
Also I am hearing, this size is not selling well and the tyres could be old? what was the manufacture date?
There is no major advantage for upsizing, except for looks. I recently upgraded my tyres to Apollo Aptera AT2 in stock size- 265/60R18. (Make - Week 11 of 2021). These tyres are much better than the stock MRF, as per my observation.

I actually wanted Cooper AT tyres, but there are not available due to import restrictions from the Government. BFG KO2 is another wonderful option, but they are too noisy on highways and heavier, leading to the steering becomes slightly heavy.

Now I feel I have made the best choice in the current scenario. The Apollo tyres are more silent than the stock MRF, has aggressive thread pattern and excellent on wet surfaces. Tried them yesterday on a Pune run in heavy rain, on the expressway. The grip was excellent and gave me more confidence on higher speeds. Definitely recommended.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 21:20   #4437
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have an Endeavour specific PDI checklist that they can share. Please share or point me to one.

thanks.
Old 18th July 2021, 21:54   #4438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Does anyone have an Endeavour specific PDI checklist that they can share. Please share or point me to one.
The Endeavour is just like any other vehicle.

TBhp link for PDI: https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

Some additional items that you can look at are:
1) Head light leveling.
2) Boot sensor functioning properly or not.
3) If its a 4x4, then engage all the modes and differential lock, and test it.
4) Sunroof functioning. There should be no noise.
5) Power seat adjustment for driver and passenger.
6) Check the Sync 3 version update in the centre panel. I think the latest version is 3.4.

That is all I can think of. Members here can add some more items.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 18th July 2021 at 21:57.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 21:02   #4439
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me where the spring lock (under the glovebox) that lets you remove the glovebox is located? The videos available online show LHD endeavours and the lock doesn't seem to be in the same position on my 3.2 titanium.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 22:03   #4440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Can someone tell me where the spring lock (under the glovebox) that lets you remove the glovebox is located? The videos available online show LHD endeavours and the lock doesn't seem to be in the same position on my 3.2 titanium.

ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks