Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 08:00   #3676
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
When moving the truck out of P, yes, which is a relay changing modes.
Thanks! That sets my mind at ease.
I thought it was completely normal too (makes all the sense in the world for there is a connection between the two, after all), but I recently got my car detailed at a 3M outlet, and I was told it was the first Endeavour they'd noticed this on, so I thought I'd at least check here.
Cheers!

PS - To confirm another thing told to me at 3M - the previous black Endeavours they've seen were a "gloss black metallic", different from mine which is simply a "gloss black" apparently.
If I'm not mistaken, I think the nomenclature of the black colour option has changed from Panther Black to Absolute Black, but again, I'd be really surprised if there's been a change in the actual paint job from Ford's end. Still, I thought I'd ask anyway.

Last edited by Mu009 : 16th January 2019 at 08:04. Reason: Semantics
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 17:10   #3677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Quick query on which I'd like feedback from all AT owners (which covers almost all, I imagine):
When you press the brake to move your car out of "P", do you hear a click from the "clutch" button on the gear lever?
I thought about asking this 3 days back when I was exploring my 3.2 Endy but then thought / "assumed" as much what n.devdath mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
Finished exploring manual and the car
Friends, please help me with these queries if you can check in your car.

Clock is now synced with GPS when there was an active route in Navigation (may be it requires Navigation route to be active?)

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, I think the nomenclature of the black colour option has changed from Panther Black to Absolute Black, but again, I'd be really surprised if there's been a change in the actual paint job from Ford's end. Still, I thought I'd ask anyway.
There could be a minor change, may be in process or somewhere just to justify the nomenclature change.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th January 2019 at 21:26. Reason: Post edited. Avoid quoting large posts entirely please. Thanks!
Old 17th January 2019, 08:04   #3678
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! That sets my mind at ease.
I thought it was completely normal too (makes all the sense in the world for there is a connection between the two, after all)
Hi Mu009!
I've run a fine tooth comb across the thread and couldn't find an ownership experience/thread on your Endeavour.

I would love to read the decision making process and ownership experience from you, as I expect it to be thorough. Im eager to see the finicky attention to detail dabbed with generous puffs of humour. It would be a hoot to read.

Please point me to the thread/post Ive missed it.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 17:05   #3679
BHPian

Quote:
1. The Sync3 Homescreen layout is different in my Endy as compared to the User Manual. As per what is explained in User Manual, the home screen layout in my Endy suggests there is no Navigation in my Endy. But there is Navigation available in my car !! I remember someone else raised this earlier. How's the Home screen layout in all your 3.2 Endy's? Is this an issue or normal?
Had raised this issue earlier - this does not work in India. Owners Manual is incorrect at many places.
Quote:
2. Manual refers many times to Single side position lamp or parking lamp. What are those? Available on our 3.2 Endy? What is 2nd position (parking lights) on rotary lighting switch?
Using the turn indicator stalk with ignition off turns on the DRL to low intensity and rear parking lights of that side. In this way, you can turn on single side position / parking lamp. The second position on rotary light switch dims the DRLs if already ON or turns them on at low intensity alongwith the rear lamps
Quote:
3. Head lamp leveling. Is the order mentioned 0,1,2,3,4 in Reverse order? I mean, 0 means highest level height & 4 means lowest level light ?
Yes
Quote:
4. Manual shows a glow indicator of 4H. My understanding is that our 3.2 Endy is always in 4H. Am I correct?
Yes, Endeavour 3.2 is always in 4H mode. Hence there is no indication for 4H.
Quote:
5. Manual lists out many options in Driver Assist section of Information display (RHS steering buttons). However, there are only 2 options available in my car - only chimes and tyre monitor
Manual is generic and these features are not available in India
Quote:
Has anybody tried Sync software update thro' USB or WiFi as explained in Manual?
Had updated using USB but never over WiFi.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 18:08   #3680
BANNED

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, I think the nomenclature of the black colour option has changed from Panther Black to Absolute Black, but again, I'd be really surprised if there's been a change in the actual paint job from Ford's end.
PB wasn't a metallic shade either and neither is AB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
There isn't one yet.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 12:11   #3681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Waze is not the first. Waze is not even first navigational app to join Ford Applink. Sygic Car Navigation was already available on Ford applink.
Infact Sygic can be used from iOS as well as Android phones unlike Waze, which is only available as of now on iOS.

I also use AccuWeather and Spotify and currently trying to get hold of Ford+Alexa app to control my Echo devices through Sync.
If you didn't find the app, here is a sideload:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ford-m...W__KqFZgRzXcwI
proton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 20:59   #3682
BHPian

Quote:
Also some of the apps like Waze (On iOS only) and Sygic (On Android and iOS) only works through USB cables. Now Mobile Apps through USB cable enable option is only available in Sync 3 software version 3.0. So you need to upgrade the software.
Is Sygic available thro' Ford Applink (and not thro' Android Auto)?
May be I need to upgrade the Sync3 software. It shows update is available but have not tried it, too early into ownership and hence

Quote:
3. On Android phones, some of the apps can connect through bluetooth itself. For example Accuweather but you need to open the app before enabling bluetooth. Also for some of the apps, only the premium (paid) apps version works with Ford Sync. For ex- Sygic
Oh! So, Sygic (free) doesn't work (Applink or Android Auto)?

Quote:

Now, enabling Spotify on Android Auto is another chapter similar to Youtube auto (car stream app) and currently in trouble.
Shall have to graduate till that level.

PS: Is there a list of apps for Applink? The list available on Ford Owners App is very limited to 6-8 apps only

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Had raised this issue earlier - this does not work in India. Owners Manual is incorrect at many places.
Thanks, A.G. So my car Sync3 home screen (screenshot I posted) is normal, right?

Quote:
Using the turn indicator stalk with ignition off turns on the DRL to low intensity and rear parking lights of that side. In this way, you can turn on single side position / parking lamp. The second position on rotary light switch dims the DRLs if already ON or turns them on at low intensity alongwith the rear lamps
Oh, shall have to try this. But what is the functionalities/ usefullness of this?

Quote:
Had updated using USB but never over WiFi.
Thanks, will do it once I get sufficiently acquainted/armed.

Quote:
My knowledge about the Endeavour keeps increasing day by day.
Hahaha. Thanks to that earlier post of Ford Applink Apps like Waze etc, got to this post which I remembered reading earlier as I mentioned in my previous post.

Basically, it looks like that Ford has added Navigation later in India version. Hence our home screens, various functions show what a non-navigation car show as per the manual. Even the main Settings on home screen doesn't have option of Navigation settings while having options of every small items inclusing ambient light (Navigation settings is available only once once you go into the navigation and browse options.

Graduating fast, I am, it seems

PS: Have to read your ownership thread . Anyways, I've earmarked it to read it for enabling a few features thro' Forscan

One issue/ clarification: Anti trap or bounce back feature on wondows does not seem to be working in my car. I've tried everything - resetting memory etc as mentioned in manual but it doesn't work. Is it normal i.e. is there no such feature in Endy 3.2?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th January 2019 at 08:05. Reason: Back to back posts merged + trimming quoted post.
TheIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 17:18   #3683
BHPian

Quote:
Is Sygic available thro' Ford Applink (and not thro' Android Auto)?

Oh! So, Sygic (free) doesn't work (Applink or Android Auto

PS: Is there a list of apps for Applink? The list available on Ford Owners App is very limited to 6-8 apps only

One issue/ clarification: Anti trap or bounce back feature on wondows does not seem to be working in my car. I've tried everything - resetting memory etc as mentioned in manual but it doesn't work. Is it normal i.e. is there no such feature in Endy 3.2?
The premium Sygic with car navigation option works with Ford applink. Sygic is not available on Android Auto as it is not free.
Dont even think of it, not worth. You can try 3 weeks free trial. Trial is only a week but get extended if used on ford.

Very limited apps by ford in India. But you can download international versions in developer mode in an Android. See link in earlier post above.

There is no problem with anti bounce except it does not work the way we think.

The object, take for example a cushion needs to get stuck between upcoming glass and top of frame. The glass retracts. It does not retract if you try to obstruct it. Modern ford cars have no option of disabling this feature due to safety. What you see on internet is for older models of ford. I also went through the same thing like you are doing currently.

Last edited by ajmat : 4th February 2019 at 10:54.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:54   #3684
BHPian

What is the general feedback on Endy's music system on sound quality? When i tried the one in endy very briefly, i wasn't particularly impressed with it. To be fair, I didn't get a chance to see the sound settings or if its the quality of songs they played. But I didn't feel the 10 speaker system too different from one in Figo, for example

I happened to try the music system in Superb and Kodiaq recently and I felt it was quite good. Wondering if you have any inputs individually about Endy's system or in relative comparison with the one in Superb.
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 22:41   #3685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I happened to try the music system in Superb and Kodiaq recently and I felt it was quite good. Wondering if you have any inputs individually about Endy's system or in relative comparison with the one in Superb.
Sorry did you check old endeavour or new.

Can't comment on Superb and Kodiaq but the most hyped music system in Hexa stands nowhere near Endeavour. You should have tried the settings in console it might have been detuned to minimum positions. I am still not satisfied with that as my Safari has a more refined custom setup which costed me north of 2L with full car sound dampening. If you are a serious audiophile then there is no limit for the audio setup as I have witnessed system of 8-10L in cars like Polo, i20 etc.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:16   #3686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Sorry did you check old endeavour or new.

Can't comment on Superb and Kodiaq but the most hyped music system in Hexa stands nowhere near Endeavour. You should have tried the settings in console it might have been detuned to minimum positions.
It was a new Endy - TD car.

No I didn't get a chance to look at the sound settings at all or what music the exec played as the time was less.. Will have to spend more time on it next time!
Old 27th January 2019, 07:36   #3687
BHPian

Has anyone done research on the aftermarket lower grill LED light bar for the Endy? If yes, what's the best available one here in the country and worldwide(don't mind waiting for a while and getting it)?
Old 28th January 2019, 11:29   #3688
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinism View Post
Has anyone done research on the aftermarket lower grill LED light bar for the Endy?
Do you mean a light bar under the bumper?

Either way, there are many who have installed such bars at multiple locations in the front with ease.

A 45 W bar with an even mix of spots and spreads should suffice. Go for bars with Cree chips in them though.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 01:06   #3689
BHPian

I recently saw one Endeavour with the LED tail lights like the one shown in the attached image below . It was looking very good and it enhanced the look of the car from rear to a great extend .

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AKD-...919806440.html

I was planning to buy one and would like to know if would be safe to install such tail lights and whether it would impact the warranty of the car ?
ddndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 16:58   #3690
BHPian

Quick question:
It seems there's a glitch with the ambient lighting on my Endeavour. Whenever the lights come on (manually or automatically), so do the ambient lights (obviously), but, the driver's door lever light is always red when that happens. The door IS closed (no warning chimes or message on the MID either). The red light on the door lever is another indication for the door being open, I think. Once I open and re-close the door, the colour there matches the rest of the ambient lighting. Please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Hi Mu009!
I've run a fine tooth comb across the thread and couldn't find an ownership experience/thread on your Endeavour.

I would love to read the decision making process and ownership experience from you, as I expect it to be thorough. Im eager to see the finicky attention to detail dabbed with generous puffs of humour. It would be a hoot to read.

Thank you for the kind words, but as has been pointed out, there isn't one. The psychology that fuels the attention to detail also fuels long spells of paralysis for a variety of reasons (a digression on which would help no one).
That said, I can at least claim to have finally *decided* to do one soon - initially I was holding out for experiencing summer and the monsoon (one full year of ownership basically) before penning an "initial" review, but I realise my observations will always remain incomplete, and there's no "right" time - that's the point of a thread; it took me this long to realise that one can keep adding posts slowly as more information is gleaned and perceptions change.
Also, I've put 15k on it now, so I imagine it's about time.

Don't expect anything soon, of course - I keep telling myself there's progress because it's started to take shape in my mind (rather than just not even thinking about doing it), but I know how that works... For example, I've been meaning to reply to this message for a long time (about since it's been posted), and see how long it's taken me to come around with just this little bit of waffle. Have been wanting to reply to TheIndian's list of queries too, but I always find a way to think I'm busy/put it off.

And given that it was a huge decision for me personally to splurge on this thing, I might have at least shed some light on the trade offs involved when a middle class person makes the "daring" (read stupid) leap across your version of the "Darien gap".
And mind you, having made the leap, I'm not going easy on the car (contrary to what one might not unreasonably assume for what is a very expensive piece of equipment for me) - I'm really putting it through its paces, so that might add a bit of insight as well, I imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
There isn't one yet.
I thank you for being kind enough to add the hopeful word "yet" to something that entails expecting work from a bum like myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Would love to know further about your escapades and expeditions with your Endeavour, hope you won't disappoint us.
Cross-quoting you here since I wanted to avoid an extra post on the other thread and I was lowering expectations over here anyway.
But I'm glad you used the word "escapades" - evokes Yogi Bear/Snagglepuss/insert-anthropomorphic-cartoon-animal-here, which is a much better representation of my truth.

Last edited by Mu009 : 3rd February 2019 at 17:12. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks