Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2019, 15:26   #3661
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Members due to budget constraints I am looking for pre owned Ford Endeavour may be 2017 or 18 now with less than 50K on the odo. Are there any pointers which can help me to get neat pre owned Ford Endeavour. I tried few second sale garages but still not liking the deal infact car. On different note if someone wants to part this beloved Endeavour I would be more than happy to adopt

Last edited by aka_iitd : 4th January 2019 at 15:27.
Old 9th January 2019, 18:28   #3662

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Members due to budget constraints I am looking for pre owned Ford Endeavour may be 2017 or 18 now with less than 50K on the odo. Are there any pointers which can help me to get neat pre owned Ford Endeavour. I tried few second sale garages but still not liking the deal infact car. On different note if someone wants to part this beloved Endeavour I would be more than happy to adopt
hi, I am planning to sell my 2017 endy. Registered Bangalore. please call me st 9916100708 if interested. Moving out of country and hence. 3.2 titanium black. done about 10k kms only. Thanks.
Taipan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 18:54   #3663
BHPian

Has anyone fixed that 3D LED Ford letters Raptor front grill on Endeavour ? If so, would appreciate details - cost, pics, source etc
Old 10th January 2019, 11:33   #3664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
Has anyone fixed that 3D LED Ford letters Raptor front grill on Endeavour ? If so, would appreciate details - cost, pics, source etc
This is the new one i have seen on road.

https://www.amazon.in/SDR-Front-Chro...inhydr18418-21
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:15   #3665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Members due to budget constraints I am looking for pre owned Ford Endeavour may be 2017 or 18 now with less than 50K on the odo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
hi, I am planning to sell my 2017 endy. Registered Bangalore. please call me st 9916100708 if interested. Moving out of country and hence. 3.2 titanium black. done about 10k kms only. Thanks.
Connecting the both of you..!!!

All the best.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 13:37   #3666
BHPian

Quote:
Got one installed at 3M Gurgaon-G.C.Road.He was helpful enough to get it sourced for me from his contacts in Delhi. Costed me 9000/-

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img0721.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img0724.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img0723.jpg
Joyb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 17:37   #3667
BHPian

90,000 kms update

Completely forgot to update regarding the 90,000 kilomtres service. It happened 2 months back. It's just a regular service and costed me around RS 8,000 approximately. However this time, I have tried a different service centre which is closer to my home, as usual they tried to rip me off by adding cleaning..etc which I totally denied.

As of today the ODO stands at 98,000 kilometres and we have recently acquired an Innova crysta ZAT as there is a requirement for another vehicle and my mother recently have started complaing f difficulty in getting into the endeavour. After exploring all the options under 40L OTR, we finally zeroed on Innova crysta with priority given to comfort, reliability (?) And resale value. In between I have booked and cancelled octavia RS

Will be posting an update of endeavour experience once I send the vehicle to 1 lakh kilometres service which will happen in couple of weeks. Will be more than happy to answer any queries regarding the ownership meanwhile.
harsha.muvva is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 00:14   #3668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Got one installed at 3M Gurgaon-G.C.Road.He was helpful enough to get it sourced for me from his contacts in Delhi. Costed me 9000/-

Hi @Joyb,

Are the FORD letters illuminated by LED or this is a non-LED FORD letters grill?

Friends,

Have been exploring Endeavour User Manual since a few days to grasp all features, functionalities etc. Appreciate if anyone can throw light on following queries:

1. The Sync3 Homescreen layout is different in my Endy as compared to the User Manual. As per what is explained in User Manual, the home screen layout in my Endy suggests there is no Navigation in my Endy. But there is Navigation available in my car !! I remember someone else raised this earlier. How's the Home screen layout in all your 3.2 Endy's? Is this an issue or normal?

Secondly, when I try to sync the clock with GPS, it doesn't allow me to do so (how is Navigation working than?)
Following are User Manual & my car home screen screenshots

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20190112_113646.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20190112_113627-copy.jpg

2. Manual refers many times to Single side position lamp or parking lamp. What are those? Available on our 3.2 Endy? What is 2nd position (parking lights) on rotary lighting switch?

3. Head lamp leveling. Is the order mentioned 0,1,2,3,4 in Reverse order? I mean, 0 means highest level height & 4 means lowest level light ?

4. Manual shows a glow indicator of 4H. My understanding is that our 3.2 Endy is always in 4H. Am I correct?

5. Manual lists out many options in Driver Assist section of Information display (RHS steering buttons). However, there are only 2 options available in my car - only chimes and tyre monitor

Please share your feedback on the above. Shall share more doubts as I come across

Quote:
Is installing illuminated FORD grill void the warranty?

Couple of more queries:
  1. Anti Trap windows with bounce back feature is not working in my 3,2 Endy. Tried everything, resetting memory of Anti Trap bounce back windows etc. Is it working in yours?
  2. Has anybody tried Sync software update thro' USB or WiFi as explained in Manual?
Finished exploring manual and the car

Last edited by SmartCat : 14th January 2019 at 00:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts
TheIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 00:10   #3669
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

The AutoCar January Issue carried a supplement with it which tries to put a bucket price on the total spare parts cost of a car. It factors in the service spares, accidental repair parts, and mechanical components.

It concludes that the Endeavour 3.2 has the lowest price bucket, but service spares of the Fortuner are cheaper. Is this consistent with the owners' personal experiences?

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_0133.jpg

The cover page for the publication had the entire Ford lineup lifted from the Ford website and in the tiniest font says Autocar for a special project for Ford India.

Every segment shootout declared the respective Fords to be the cheapest or tied for the cheapest to own and maintain, so i should take it with a pinch of salt or is Ford is actually taking the effort to make ownership costs in check. ?

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 14th January 2019 at 00:22.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 08:33   #3670
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Every segment shootout declared the respective Fords to be the cheapest or tied for the cheapest to own and maintain, so i should take it with a pinch of salt or is Ford is actually taking the effort to make ownership costs in check. ?
The Service Price Promise is a very concerted effort by Ford to keep part prices and upkeep costs the lowest in the respective segments across product lines and is not a gimmick. I have seen it work and a lot of owners are happy.
n.devdath is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 11:09   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @Joyb,

Are the FORD letters illuminated by LED or this is a non-LED FORD letters grill?

Its not illuminated.I don't like too much bling, so specifically asked for this one.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 12:11   #3672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The Service Price Promise is a very concerted effort by Ford to keep part prices and upkeep costs the lowest in the respective segments across product lines and is not a gimmick. I have seen it work and a lot of owners are happy.

Thanks . That's reassuring information coming from the owner.

The fact that Ford commissioned autocar to take up this special project might be to highlight and bring out these efforts. Anyway I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth. thanks again.
Old 14th January 2019, 16:53   #3673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Just as an example my Endeavour came back from 40K service and costed me 8800. In contrast, for 20K service of my Innova crysta I have spent close to 10K. But yes this included wheel alignment as well. The problem with Toyota is their 5K service, they easily charge 3K and the 10K service costs anywhere about 6.5-8K. Price of parts are more or less the same.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 19:49   #3674
BHPian

Quick query on which I'd like feedback from all AT owners (which covers almost all, I imagine):
When you press the brake to move your car out of "P", do you hear a click from the "clutch" button on the gear lever?

Last edited by Mu009 : 15th January 2019 at 19:50. Reason: Semantics
Old 15th January 2019, 22:49   #3675
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Quick query on which I'd like feedback from all AT owners (which covers almost all, I imagine):
When you press the brake to move your car out of "P", do you hear a click from the "clutch" button on the gear lever?
When moving the truck out of P, yes, which is a relay changing modes.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks