Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2021, 19:00   #4411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin.balda View Post
My 2016 Endeavour's tailgate is not opening by using either of the three ways (the key button, the button provided on the tailgate itself, the button near the steering wheel).
Any other solution will be welcome.
It could be blown out fuse. Location of the fuse is given in the Ford Onwer's manual for your vehicle, depending on what model you have (3.2/2.2).
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 19:59   #4412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Does anyone know the latest PCM and TCM update for the Endeavour 3.2/2.2
I want to know about this too.
Old 8th July 2021, 14:38   #4413
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

My Endeavour's left headlight HID stopped auto levelling and throw did not align with right hand side. During initial days there was an issue and both headlights were replaced, now service center has fixed citing loose contact. Hopefully this doesnot repeat again.

Last edited by PrideRed : 8th July 2021 at 14:40.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 15:10   #4414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
My Endeavour's left headlight HID stopped auto levelling and throw did not align with right hand side. During initial days there was an issue and both headlights were replaced, now service center has fixed citing loose contact. Hopefully this doesnot repeat again.
In addition to the contacts, ask the service center to check the leveling motor as well. It is better to get the motor changed in warranty as well.
Old 8th July 2021, 15:14   #4415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In addition to the contacts, ask the service center to check the leveling motor as well. It is better to get the motor changed in warranty as well.
Thank you. My car is now out of extended warranty. I was initially told that motor might have gone bad but upon deeper inspection they did seem fine. I was told motors cost about 2K in case has to be replaced. Is that correct?
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 15:21   #4416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I was told motors cost about 2K in case has to be replaced. Is that correct?
I am not aware of the cost of the motor. You can check it on boodmo for a reference. If it's not too expensive, you can consider changing it, provided they assure you that the problem does not reappear.
Old 8th July 2021, 23:28   #4417
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin.balda View Post
My 2016 Endeavour's tailgate is not opening.
Quote:
It could be blown out fuse.
It turns out that the Latch motor used to open tailgate had gone bad and needed to be replaced. New one costs 11k including labour.

However, the process to replace the latch was really hard even for ASC technician because the tailgate could not be opened. Generally tailgate opens after repeated attempts. If tailgate is open then it is a simple task of removing panel and changing the part.

Service Advisor at ASC said that in order to prevent theft FORD has made it really hard to open tailgate from outside but then failed to provide a failsafe method to open tailgate unlike Ecosport.

In our case the latch motor had to be broken from outside as motor cannot be accessed from inside panel of the tailgate.

Here is the video link.

Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7423.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7426.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7428.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7429.jpg  

Last edited by sachin.balda : 8th July 2021 at 23:56. Reason: Minor spelling error and some added points
sachin.balda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 19:31   #4418
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour Leaking Roof : Anyone Else have This Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks for the update. Hope your Endeavour is under warranty and these expenses will be covered. This is what scares me about modern cars - being so heavily electronics-dependent, chances of malfunction increase manifold compared to good old mechanical cars.

On a related note, the owner's manual talks about fuel supply shut off in the event of even a minor collision/impact. Since you did not mention anything of that nature, could it be that sensor at fault here?

Hope the issue gets resolved soon!
Received the car on Friday. As communicated, the fuse board had to be replaced at a cost of 27000. On request the dealership gave a discount of 3500 and took delivery. An odd component to fail though.
commander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 11:28   #4419
BHPian

So - after a run of ~60k kms - got rid of 265/60/R18 Yoko Geolandars and replaced it with slightly bigger 275/60/R18 Geolandars !

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20210626_163113.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20210626_163121.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20210626_163125.jpg

Early observations - wet weather grip is just amazing, everything else is fairly similar (definitely more comfortable but just about a marginal gain there).

For those looking out, and do not want to upsize to 285 - 275 might be a very good solution !
prateekvidya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 21:42   #4420
Senior - BHPian

Got a 2018 Titanium 4wd 3.2 Endeavour run 58k KM (and selling my red Scorpio, any takers in Chennai / TN?) and there's a weird ticking noise when I shut off the engine.

Is this some hot metal component cooling? A belt that is starting to slip? Something else?

I don't see any signs of a slipping belt in the few city drives I've had since taking delivery a couple of days back.

Here's a video I recorded -

Last edited by Sheel : 14th July 2021 at 09:38. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. No acronyms please. Thank You!
hserus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 22:21   #4421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Got a 2018 Titanium 4wd 3.2 Endeavour run 58k KM (and selling my red Scorpio, any takers in Chennai / TN?) and there's a weird ticking noise when I shut off the engine.

Is this some hot metal component cooling? A belt that is starting to slip? Something else?
Those ticks sounded to be at uniform interval; as if coming from a rotating thing.

Is the sound coming from the dashboard or the engine bay? If it is from the engine bay, you can open the hood and hear keenly to locate the origin.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th July 2021 at 09:38. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
Old 13th July 2021, 22:25   #4422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Those ticks sounded to be at uniform interval; as if coming from a rotating thing.

Is the sound coming from the dashboard or the engine bay? If it is from the engine bay, you can open the hood and hear keenly to locate the origin.
Behind the dash I would think. The Endeavour has such good damping that even the normal roar of the engine isn’t audible much inside.

Could be something in the AC for instance though there isn’t any cooling loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
So - after a run of ~60k kms - got rid of 265/60/R18 Yoko Geolandars and replaced it with slightly bigger 275/60/R18 Geolandars !!
Wish I had seen this before moving to Michelin 285/60r18 - but this isn’t all that bad as far as I can see.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th July 2021 at 09:39. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. No acronyms please. Thank You!
Old 13th July 2021, 22:39   #4423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Behind the dash I would think. The Endeavour has such good damping that even the normal roar of the engine isn’t audible much inside.

Could be something in the AC for instance though there isn’t any cooling loss.
Then you can check if the AC blower keeps rotating for a minute after you switch off.

You can switch off the AC cooling + blower first. Then wait for a minute before shutting down the engine. Then hear out if the sound is still there. If there is no sound after waiting, then it was from the blower.

And to hear across the firewall, you can get down immediately after shutting down and open the hood to hear out from the engine bay. The only component that can rotate for a few seconds or a minute (after shutting down) is turbo. But a healthy turbo won't make such sound and a bad turbo won't let you drive the car. So it really needs to be located physically.

My M800 used to have "cut - cut" sounds for a few minutes after switching off the engine. But the "cut" sounds weren't as fast as yours. It was one "cut" for every 5 - 10 seconds, the time interval between successive "cut" sounds gradually increasing. This was the sound of metal cooling off.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th July 2021 at 09:40. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 08:26   #4424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't see any signs of a slipping belt in the few city drives I've had since taking delivery a couple of days back.
This is AC blower flap actuator which makes the sound. Many have rectified this in warranty. If you have extended warranty, take the vehicle to ASC. If your extended warranty is expired, then you can purchase "anytime" extended warranty. Please do take it.

One of the solutions. Switch off Auto mode, then AC. After some time switch off the car, the sound will not come.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th July 2021 at 09:40. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 09:23   #4425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is AC blower flap actuator which makes the sound. Many have rectified this in warranty. If you have extended warranty, take the vehicle to ASC. If your extended warranty is expired, then you can purchase "anytime" extended warranty. Please do take it.
Right thanks I’ll buy this. Sounds about right.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks