Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2020, 15:57   #4261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Completed my 30,000 kilometres / 3 years service at Bhavna Ford, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai.
Actual kollmetres were 25k.

Some observations for Bhavna Ford.

1. The workshop space area is reduced by approximately 1/3 rd. The other part is shared by Bhavna Kia.
2. The customer service has really improved as compared to my previous experience here.
3. Got my car back in 3 hours flat as there were no issues and it was a basic service.
4. Observed everything with what they did and checked the software updates on the laptop as well.
5. The interior germ kleen was done throughly as compared to before, more like how they do it at a good 3M outlet. Previous experiences were average for interior cleaning. This time it was excellent.
6. Service advisor was good.
7. Total paid was around 11xxx including 2700 for the interior cleaning and about 1000 for the diesel filter.
Took the 4th year warranty as well for Rs. 30,100.

Some photos which I took at the workshop for the benefit of other.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20200807_110935.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20200807_110540.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20200807_105107.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20200807_101732.jpg  

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 8th August 2020 at 16:01.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 18:06   #4262
BHPian

My new ford endeavor 3.2l mar-17 made and bought needs battery replacement. If anyone has experience on changing battery from outside, please share. Thanks

Last edited by Wanderers : 26th August 2020 at 18:07.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 07:40   #4263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
My new ford endeavor 3.2l mar-17 made and bought needs battery replacement. If anyone has experience on changing battery from outside, please share. Thanks
Its simply a battery mate, you can have the similar power ratings and similar brand from anywhere. I have Mar '17 Endeavour as well, and my battery worked for 1year 10 months and got replaced under warranty (2 years) from Ford.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 08:01   #4264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you have the extended warranty, which I presume you have, its better to go for the Ford battery which is actually made by Amaron for Ford. Things will be much simpler in case of any claims.

In addition, the dimensions of the Ford battery will be a perfect fit in the provided slot.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 28th August 2020 at 08:04.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 09:13   #4265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
got replaced under warranty (2 years) from Ford.
Thanks. I know that first two years we have full warranty. Does the extended warranty covers battery? What about fourth year extended warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
its better to go for the Ford battery which is actually made by Amaron for Ford.

In addition, the dimensions of the Ford battery will be a perfect fit in the provided slot.
The original battery was Exide make. Currently Ford offers two battery, Exide for Rs 7600 with 1year warranty and Amaron for Rs 10000 with 3 years warranty. You also get Rs 500 credit for returning old battery.

Both Exide and Amaron are perfect fit and so is the Amaron battery from open market. I checked the shape and its same. Also as per owner manual no reset is required through OBD, it can be easily changed.

The one problem for outside battery is ampere rating. We know as per earlier discussion that it is 90 amp but not mentioned anywhere. Also in Amaron outside, i could only get 88/85 amp and that too in black variant. I would prefer Amaron pro or flo.

All in all, I am inclined towards Exide from Ford which is same as installed and did last more than 3 years and price is good.

Last edited by Wanderers : 28th August 2020 at 09:15.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 11:18   #4266
BHPian

Quote:
The one problem for outside battery is ampere rating. We know as per earlier discussion that it is 90 amp but not mentioned anywhere. Also in Amaron outside, i could only get 88/85 amp and that too in black variant. I would prefer Amaron pro or flo.

All in all, I am inclined towards Exide from Ford which is same as installed and did last more than 3 years and price is good.
I am assuming you have a 2.2 or a 3.2. Both came with a puny 60 Amp battery. Trust me! I really wonder how it lasts even 3 years in a 3.2. The new 2.0 Endeavour comes with a 75Ah battery and ASCs are offering this battery as a replacement for the 60 Amp battery, quoting upwards of Rs.10000 which really sounds ridiculous. That is an option you could try because it will not void your warranty (ASCs can say anything to void your warranty).

As far as the Endeavour is concerned, I think the size of the battery should be the only limiting factor and as long as it fits, you can install a higher Ah battery. IMO, the Endeavour should have come with a minumum 90Ah battery from the factory itself. Many fellow owners have reported cranking issues in very cold conditions up in the mountains once the battery is past the 2 year mark. Cranking that massive 3.2 saps a lot of power from the battery and over a period of time the ability of the battery to hold charge reduces and you do not have the extra juice required to crank a few extra times, when required, leaving the car stranded.

Last edited by SCORPION : 28th August 2020 at 11:38.
SCORPION is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 18:56   #4267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford Endeavour Sport Edition has been spotted on our roads and by the looks of it, it could get launched soon.

We do not know if it is a special edition only or if it will be added as a new trim to the SUV’s range. That is because Ford recently came up with a Flair Edition for the Freestyle as the top-spec option, while we expected it to be launched as a special edition model.

The Ford Endeavour Sport Edition was spotted by MotorBeamer Kishore Rajan in Tamil Nadu and comes with black exterior trim. Further, the black theme is expected to be continued inside as well.

Expect the American automaker to throw in a few extra features with the Sport Edition so as to make it a more alluring proposition for buyers looking to purchase an SUV in this segment.
Source: https://www.motorbeam.com/ford-endea...d-launch-soon/
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 14:55   #4268
Senior - BHPian

Understand that the Endeavour (2016-2018) model has only front / engine guards fitted, while the 2019 onwards model has full underbody guards in three parts. Can anyone confirm this ?
If yes, can these guards be fitted on the old one and will it reduce ground clearance ?
Old 17th September 2020, 19:38   #4269
BHPian

Endeavour sport walkabout video
Old 17th September 2020, 21:05   #4270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Endeavour sport walkabout video
https://Youtu.be/oaeiknzDdV4
This video has been shared already and there's a dedicated thread for the new Endeavour.

Thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...n-spied-5.html (Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied)
Old 18th September 2020, 11:01   #4271
BHPian

Need Help in Choosing Tyres.

Dear all, my vehicle 3.2 Titanium, May 2016 is one among the initial ones on this Forum. Vehicle has clocked 40000 KMS as of now. I would request inputs on selecting an appropriate brand and type for tyre change. The stock MRFs still have a good amount of tread, but the itch to change tyres have set in and it definitely needs to be scratched. My biggest confusion is whether to go for AT or HT tyres and which brand.

Out of my 40K KMS done so far, 99% of it has been on smooth Tarmac and some Ghat roads. Only time the vehicle had met some slush is during occasional vacations to Wayand or Madikeri. In general I drive on early 3 digit speeds on open highways.I also encounter wet and winding roads occasionally while travelling to Kerala.

My question would be
1.Will there be significant difference (Positive or Negative) if I change tyres to HT ? Will the SUV become significantly lower performing on Handling, behavior on broken roads, occasional sticky situations ect. Will it become just a tall sedan in terms of capabilities ?
2.Will the AT tyres have significantly lower comfort , Higher road noise than HT tyres ? Alternatively will the HT tyres be significantly smoother ? My subconscious preference is low road noise, better comfort. But i do not want to trade if HT tyres would significantly downgrade the SUV capabilities.
3.Which of the below ones would be good choice (Brand and Type) ?

Michelin LTX
Michelin Primacy SUV

Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Pirelli Scorpion Verde

Yokohama Geolanders (HT or AT)

Any other based on personal experience.

Head says HT , But heart says AT due to the mean look they have. Please help in deciding

Last edited by pajero4me : 18th September 2020 at 11:02.
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 11:59   #4272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Head says HT , But heart says AT due to the mean look they have. Please help in deciding
Other options that you have in stock size (265/60R18): -
Continental Lx2. AT.
Ceat AT.
Apollo Apterra HT.
Falken AT.
Bridgestone D684 (imported).
BFG AT.
Cooper Discover AT3.

BFG is the best among all, with aggressive pattern, however slightly noisy.

My suggestion is Cooper tyres.

Cooper tyre picture:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20171031wa0005.jpg

do not invest in Yokohama. Although 90% will disagree, they have weak sidewalls and the tyre gets cut from the side.

Note: I am not related to any tyre company and planning to invest in Cooper tyres after my Endeavour completes 50,000 kms.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 18th September 2020 at 12:06.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 15:16   #4273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Dear all, my vehicle 3.2 Titanium, May 2016 is one among the initial ones on this Forum. Vehicle has clocked 40000 KMS as of now. I would request inputs on selecting an appropriate brand and type for tyre change. The stock MRFs still have a good amount of tread, but the itch to change tyres have set in and it definitely needs to be scratched.
I am in the same boat as you. Mine is June 2016 3.2 Titanium and I have about 30K Kms on the stock MRF tires. I have been looking at Yokohama tires based on recommendations from posts on this forum. The Yokohama Geolander X-AT tires (https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-x-at) look very appealing and has extremely good reviews. I started on shopping for this recently, but I can't seem to find anyone carrying these in stock in Bangalore.

Couple of reference videos on YouTube

jfk1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 09:56   #4274
Senior - BHPian

You will feel proud to know that a modified Ford Endeavour is used by the French Army since 2017.

Read full story here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ench-army.html (Arquus Trapper VT4: The modified Ford Endeavour used by the French Army)
Old 21st September 2020, 11:23   #4275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
My suggestion is Cooper tyres.
What about the cost? Are they more expensive than Yokohama?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks