Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2020, 10:35   #4126
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
The pictures speak volumes in terms of build quality of the 2 cars. Good to know that the people involved in the incident escaped with minor injuries only.

Will there be a limit on the number of claims in a policy year on such zero-dep insurances?
I guess it depends on the policy you have and T&C.
My policy doesnt have any limitations on the number of claims. However i remember having a policy with 2 zerodep claims + unlimited normal claims few years back on a different car.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 12:20   #4127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Will there be a limit on the number of claims in a policy year on such zero-dep insurances?
Varies by policy. Some have just 2. But you can (and should) get unlimited nil depreciation (better than zero dep) claims in your policy as well.
Mu009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 19:34   #4128
BHPian

Had the opportunity to spot this Endeavour. Literally had everyone's sight glued on to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20200104_172632.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20200104_172626.jpg  

arunramaswamy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 20:21   #4129
BHPian

Folks need you help.

The dealer quoted me Extended Warranty for 4th & 5th year at around 55K. He said its better to purchase now (my Endeavour 3.2 is 1.5 months old).

What do you all think? Should I buy it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 7th January 2020 at 20:21. Reason: spelling
Old 8th January 2020, 08:42   #4130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Folks need you help.

The dealer quoted me Extended Warranty for 4th & 5th year at around 55K.
Prices for facelift (January 2019 onwards) aren't available clearly, but based on information for the pre-facelift found on Ford's website and bearing in mind that the facelift comes with 3y/100k km factory warranty, allow me to speculate as follows:

(Source link: https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/)

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20200108075937.jpg

As you can see for the pre-facelift, price for 3rd (standard warranty + 1 year) and 4th (SW + 2) year extended warranty purchased in one shot remains static within first 2 years of purchase. It is only if you opt for 3rd year, and then want to top-up the purchase to the 4th year do you face increasing price as we go forward from your date of purchase. Even 5th and 6th year top-up prices remain constant.

Extrapolating the same to the facelift, 4th and 5th years should work the same way as 3rd and 4th do for the pre-facelift. So price should remain constant throughout the first 3 years of purchase. Only top-up from 4th to 5th year will become dearer.

So clearly, it is better to use the vehicle for 1.5 years (not months) before deciding how much extended warranty to purchase. There are so many factors - how much you're running (km don't increase with Ford EW), how long you'll plan to keep it after owning it for a year etc etc.

Also, I would not trust the dealer - not only is the price 10k higher than pre-facelift for 2 year extension, you never know what 3rd party nonsense they're offering.

1. Confirm from Ford regarding price and time penalty structure.
2. If indeed, it is like the pre-facelift and price is static for only 1 year extension, or 2 year lump-sum extension, wait to buy.
3. 20-25k per year makes sense IMO. The 40-50k per year packages (available for 5th and 6th year for pre-facelift) do not make any sense to me.
4. Going by pre-facelift prices, it is foolhardy to buy just a one year extension at time of purchase (in case you aren't sure about running). Best to wait and decide based on running. But if a stupid penalty structure from Ford. Glad I'll be running out at the end of 3rd year one way or another, otherwise I'd have been livid to have bought just a one year extension not knowing the above.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Mu009 : 8th January 2020 at 08:57. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 23:40   #4131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Hope that helps.
When I purchased my Endeavour in Aug. 2017, Ford was offering only 2 years / 100,000 kms warranty as standard. 3rd year could be purchased in Rs.20,XXX and I did purchase the 3rd year warranty as well at the time of purchase.

Now before Aug. 2020, I need to extend to 4th year warranty, so I got in touch with my dealer (Bhavna Ford, Neru, Navi Mumbai) and they quoted Rs. 30,100 for 4th year. Is this price okay and correct?

Also my service cycle is from May to May so do I need to renew the warranty in May or I can wait till August ?

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 8th January 2020 at 23:42.
Old 9th January 2020, 15:31   #4132
BHPian

Issue with updates

As mentioned in my previous post I was informed that updates were done to the ACC, PCM..etc which should take care of the ACC issue i am facing. However the issue recurred again. This time, I went to service centre and decided to actually see them applying the updates. For one hour they connected to Forscan software and tried to check interior temperatures, whether blowers are working properly, did reset, check for any error codes..etc and assured me that issue will taken care. I was not so convinced with that and then there is issue with radio channels skipping too. So i asked the concerned person to show me TSB's (technical service bulletins), which anyways he decided want to go through for the radio issue. I was surprised to see so many TSB's, almost every issue/niggle discussed in the forum (some not even faced by any here) were there. While going through the list we came across this "ACC blowing hot air intermittently between 22 - 25 C", it is clearly mentioned in that bulletin to update FICM and enable something else. So i insisted him to check for it and to my surprise the update patch was available, was shocked as i am under impression that this was done last time. When I questioned regarding this they informed me that they just checked the HVAC system and for error codes. This is after me informing them check for FICM update during last service (information which I have gotten from the forum).

What followed next is even more surprising. I asked the person concerned to check for updates on PCM, TCM, SYNC2 ..etc, the reply I got is updates will be done only when there is an error code related to that system as casually updating the modules is dangerous for car . They even mentioned the same in writing.
I have already mailed ford regarding this and expecting a positive response.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20200109wa0031__01__01.jpg  

harsha.muvva is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 16:14   #4133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Issue with updates
What followed next is even more surprising. I asked the person concerned to check for updates on PCM, TCM, SYNC2 ..etc, the reply I got is updates will be done only when there is an error code related to that system as casually updating the modules is dangerous for car . They even mentioned the same in writing.

Very surprising!

Somehow I feel all service centers are reluctant to do updates and ignore it, for a reason known to them only. Updates is like updating your Andriod phone in play store.

Now that you have mailed ford, I request you to get the details for latest updates eg. for TCM, PCM etc. This will benefit us.

The Sync 3 update is huge and time consuming and I am sure service centers will again cause problems. Doing it by usb method was better. Dont know why Ford India stopped it.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 12:25   #4134
Senior - BHPian

New 2.0 liter Bi-turbo Ford Ranger likely to come to India to comply with the BSVI regulations.

Quote:

Rushlane has learnt that, Ford India will finally introduce the new motor in question as a part of BS6 update. The older motors are not likely to be updated to the new emission regulations and hence are expected to be discontinued by April 1, 2020. Ford has not confirmed this update.

The new down-sized 2.0-liter diesel engine adds an additional turbocharger to compensate for the lack of displacement. The new motor is good for 210 hp and a heady torque of 500 Nm. The engine is paired to a new 10-speed automatic gearbox. A uncamouflaged prototype of what is believed to be the Ford Endeavour BS6 was recently spotted testing. There are no cosmetic changes compared to last year’s facelifted model.

The updated Ford Endeavour BS6 is expected to go on sale sometime before April this year. It is to be noted that the American automaker has chose not to participate in this year’s Auto Expo.
Source: https://www.rushlane.com/ford-endeav...-12348245.html

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 10th January 2020 at 12:31.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 14:38   #4135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Very surprising!

Somehow I feel all service centers are reluctant to do updates and ignore it, for a reason known to them only. Updates is like updating your Andriod phone in play store.

Now that you have mailed ford, I request you to get the details for latest updates eg. for TCM, PCM etc. This will benefit us.
As per my latest communication with them yesterday over phone, they were of opinion that updates as such are not needed unless there is an error code/problem (same thing told to me by the service technicians). I asked them to explain me why updating the PCM, TCM..etc is a bad idea, for which I was informed that they were awaiting a response from internal technical team. I asked whatever final decision taken by them i.e whether update is needed or not, i need it in writing over email.

I find this whole episode very surprising as many other forum members have reported getting updates done frequently.
harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 17:32   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
As per my latest communication with them yesterday over phone, they were of opinion that updates as such are not needed unless there is an error code/problem (same thing told to me by the service technicians). I asked them to explain me why updating the PCM, TCM..etc is a bad idea, for which I was informed that they were awaiting a response from internal technical team. I asked whatever final decision taken by them i.e whether update is needed or not, i need it in writing over email.
You took the perfect step. While it will not accomplish anything real, let them commit this BS on paper, then we can escalate with screenshots to Ford regarding the sheer nonsense disseminated not just by ASCs, but also customer care now.

Quote:
I find this whole episode very surprising as many other forum members have reported getting updates done frequently.
You are exactly right. We get updates done frequently, and for good reason - they work and help improve things in the vehicle in line with customer feedback across markets. But thanks to ill-informed consumers who take regular updates and improvement as a sign of a bad car (have read such views on the forum), and largely due to lazy, lying ASCs (who get no money for the labour of connecting and disconnecting a laptop to the car via OBD) they shirk this responsibility and peddle the kind of lies that you've reported above ("only required if there are error codes, otherwise is a bad idea").

I'd love it if you can get it in writing and post screenshots here.

Cheers!
Keep updating your cars modules, and keep on enjoying this excellent, now locally extinct engine.

Last edited by Mu009 : 12th January 2020 at 17:42. Reason: Correction(s)
Mu009 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 05:13   #4137
Team-BHP Support

A little OT, haven't seen any updates from Toyota. Neither for Engine/ Gearboxes or Audio. If they are doing something silently, won't be aware but again never seen on a Job Card. This holds good from Liva to LC200.

Now coming to the topic, It will be a good idea to stick with the manufacturer as they will know best. Certain updates might be valid only for say a newer spec variant or maybe to address a specific problem on a particular series of VIN due to some compatibility issues or otherwise. I know, we all love our electronics with all the latest software and updates and many a time even feel differently, like many owners have experienced better gear changes and some other stuff.

Maybe they had problems on some vehicles after applying updates and are now doing on need basis. Some of the manufacturers have a VIN specific update, like BMW. When you send your car for service, it will get updated with anything applicable on VIN as the diagnostic equipment is always connected to BMW servers
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:46   #4138
BHPian

Friends, I'm looking to buy a 2016 Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. It was originally purchased in Oct 2016. I have a few queries:-
1. Whats the original warranty the car came in 2016?
2. Can I buy an extended warranty if the original buyer has not purchased it,assuming that that the original warranty is over?

Thanks in advance,

Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:56   #4139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
It was originally purchased in Oct 2016. I have a few queries:-
1. Whats the original warranty the car came in 2016?
2. Can I buy an extended warranty if the original buyer has not purchased it,assuming that that the original warranty is over?
It should be for 2 years. No, you can not buy an extended warranty if the original warranty has expired. Earlier units had a lot of imported stuff, one of our Trend from 2016 has done over 1,10 Lac Km without any major expense. Even the regular maintenance parts like brake pads/ rotors now cost less about 40-50 % than earlier prices. Get it thoroughly inspected at Ford and if all services have been done on time and vehicle is maintained properly, no harm in picking even without warranty.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 23:42   #4140
BHPian

Ford Endeavour Engine Seized. Repair Bill 6.5 Lakhs. I wonder why Companies cannot be proactive to get the matter settled.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-82110237_621662791928700_600436354966355968_o.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-81976195_621662975262015_3373223252208910336_o.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-82251452_621663048595341_473720388644241408_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Sarvodaya is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks