Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2019, 09:50   #4036
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If you still prefer LED's you can try these but at your own risk cause results are not guaranteed for LED's unless you try and see for yourself.
https://www.amazon.in/NIGHTEYE-Headl...omotive&sr=1-5
The LED ones are 25W each. The OEM is 50W (not sure if each or combine)

Will it be safe to use under wattage replacement?
Old 3rd September 2019, 10:17   #4037
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
The LED ones are 25W each. The OEM is 50W (not sure if each or combine)

Will it be safe to use under wattage replacement?
LED bulbs are lower wattage always. Just like your home when you use a 60W filament bulb but the corresponding LED is 9-10W. So this will always be the case.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 17:16   #4038
BHPian

For anyone looking for the bulbs upgrade in Endeavour, do check the physical bulb before ordering. The manual simply has many misprints. For example for my vehicle (2017 3.2 Titanium), it lists D3S (35W) HID for low beam while actually it is fitted with D8S (25W) HID as there are no headlamp washers. Both the bulb and ballast are different. The high beam as per manual should be H15 (55W) while actually it is HB3 (60W) - the (*) & (**) are marked incorrectly in the manual.
A.G. is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 19:13   #4039
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mine is 3.2 Titanium 2017 Sync 3
Are they HID or Halogen? Sorry I am not aware of this.
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

So I believe there is no need to change low beams, just high beam HB3 replacement is sufficient?

Also, if possible, can you suggest something from AliExpress? There is a big pricing difference between buying it from here or from AliExpress.

My dealer gave me quote for around 8k, and on AliExpress its available for 1-1.5K only. I am totally confused
If you own a Titanium then the only thing you should replace is the Highbeam bulbs that too may not make much difference. Perhaps, you can have something that's more white than the stock yellowish light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
For anyone looking for the bulbs upgrade in Endeavour, do check the physical bulb before ordering. . The high beam as per manual should be H15 (55W) while actually it is HB3 (60W) - the (*) & (**) are marked incorrectly in the manual.
Good idea to actually physically check before ordering anything online.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 19:14   #4040
BHPian

Bought a white paint marker and did this to one tyre.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190903_182515.jpg

Will finish the other 3 tomorrow. Looks nice, to my eyes . Took about 45 mins. It's not perfect if you look closely. Stay about a couple of metres away and it looks perfect. It may not last long. Will need constant touch ups.

Yes, I am jobless!
SCORPION is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 09:41   #4041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you own a Titanium then the only thing you should replace is the Highbeam bulbs that too may not make much difference. Perhaps, you can have something that's more white than the stock yellowish light.
While the setup I have switched to is not one of the best (in the interest of making no physical modifications to headlamp assembly), the all LED front with correctly aimed Low beam and Fog lamps does offer huge improvement over stock setup.

Sharing a couple of pictures for reference with stock (facelift) Endeavour (thanks to BHPian Manuuj)
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endeavour_light_compare_1.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endeavour_light_compare_2.jpg

The only problem with this setup is rains and fog for which I need to keep a set of H11 (55W) Osram Night Breaker modified to fit the H8 holder and swap them with LED fog lamps as and when needed which is a 5 minutes job.
A.G. is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 22:37   #4042
BHPian

My biggest grouse with my Endeavour has been her headlights. I had Nightbreaker Unlimited for high beam and Osram HID for the low beam. A few months ago I had to replace my right headlamp assembly after a biker rode into it. As expected, the light was not adjusted for beam height post replacement by the ASC. It would point just a few feet away from the car even with the headlight leveller at its highest setting. The left one would then point skywards rendering them useless.

During the last servicing, I told them to adjust the beam height and I took delivery the next morning. Had to take their word that the light had been adjusted. But, annoyingly, I found both of them pointing just a few feet away at night and struggled on the highway. Decided to do the adjustment myself.

Now, I have been struggling to find the adjustment screws for a long time. There is one snap in one of the threads where someone had shown the location. But I just couldn't locate them on my car. The snap suggested that the screw was horizontal. The cladding also seemed different. In my car (Feb 2016 Trend), the cladding above the headlight is one single piece running the entire breadth. Whereas in some pictures, in newer cars, it looks like the cladding above the headlight is separate and can be removed separately. I removed the entire cladding and still couldn't locate the screw.

Couple of days ago I was determined to find it and took a small mirror with me to see things I couldn't see. Finally found the screws hidden below the cross beam and located vertically. Adjustment was difficult, requiring a very short stubby screwdriver.

At the same time, I also replaced the Unlimiteds with Nightbreaker Lasers. Finally, I can say that I am now happy with the headlights. Now I can see my own light illuminating the road in opposing traffic. The Lasers have decent throw and I find them better than the Unlimiteds.

I am against white lights on cars and hence have not, and will not, go for an LED set up.

With only low beam HID on:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190907_215906.jpg
Both low and high beam on:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190907_215911.jpg
High, low and stock fog lamps:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190907_215918.jpg

Quote:
The only problem with this setup is rains and fog for which I need to keep a set of H11 (55W) Osram Night Breaker modified to fit the H8 holder and swap them with LED fog lamps as and when needed which is a 5 minutes job.
Now that I am happy with the headlights, I want to work on the fog lights. There are no H8 bulbs available on line. I can only find Philips Diamond Vision which I didn't find that great in an earlier car. The rest are all 6000k LEDs. H11s are available. But they are all 55w.

You have said you use the 55w bulbs at times. I would also like to replace them with 55w bulbs. But can the stock 35w set up take a 55w bulb without any issues? I know the base needs some minor filing to fit the H8 holder. But have you taken any other precautions?

Last edited by SCORPION : 7th September 2019 at 22:45.
SCORPION is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 12:13   #4043
BHPian

Are these drop-in replacements? You have me hooked
Old 9th September 2019, 18:45   #4044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
My biggest grouse with my Endeavour has been her headlights. I also replaced the Unlimiteds with Nightbreaker Lasers.
I think you have a Trend variant. Can you share what exact parts you ordered and where? Will also like to replicate your setup
Old 10th September 2019, 10:24   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
You have said you use the 55w bulbs at times. I would also like to replace them with 55w bulbs. But can the stock 35w set up take a 55w bulb without any issues? I know the base needs some minor filing to fit the H8 holder. But have you taken any other precautions?
Yes, there has been no issue so far and the wiring along with the fog lamp assembly seem capable of handling 55W bulbs (I am using Osram Night Breaker Unlimited, the next gen Laser generates exceptional amount of heat).
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Are these drop-in replacements?
High beam replacement is simple drop-in for both Halogen to Halogen and Halogen to LED (just need to ensure the LED is 1:1 size with the original Halogen bulb).
Quote:
I think you have a Trend variant.
Except Low beam, High beam and Fog lamps are simple replacements in case of even Titanium.
A.G. is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 13:57   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
I think you have a Trend variant. Can you share what exact parts you ordered and where? Will also like to replicate your setup
Yes Sir, I have a 2016 3.2 Trend. I have replaced the stock low beams with Osram Xenarc 4200K HID H11 kit which I bought from an accessory shop in Kochi. A similar one is available on Amazon. Posting a link below. I think this is a newer version. But the best from Osram is their Xenarc Nightbreaker Laser HIDs which I think are still not available in India. At least not on line.

https://www.amazon.in/Osram-Xenon-4200K-Conversation-Headlight/dp/B071G58JZH?ref_=Oct_BSellerC_5257846031_0&pf_rd_p= e5052aeb-9e0d-56cb-a7d5-38d66bca6fe0&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=5257846031&pf_rd_m=A1VBAL9TL 5WCBF&pf_rd_r=AEGJ8PBVWVVW8DPG1H92&pf_rd_r=AEGJ8PB VWVVW8DPG1H92&pf_rd_p=e5052aeb-9e0d-56cb-a7d5-38d66bca6fe0

High beams I have recently replaced with HB3 9005 Osram Nightbreaker Laser. Bought it from Amazon. Link below:

https://www.amazon.in/OSRAM-9005NL-HCB-60W-P20D-10X2BOX/dp/B07PYXLZBV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=HB3+Osram+Nightbreaker+laser&q id=1568103473&s=automotive&sr=1-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Are these drop-in replacements? You have me hooked
Yes Krish, the high beams are just plug and play. You have HIDs in your low beams anyway. For the fogs, you will have to shoe horn the H11s to fit the H8 holder. The tabs don't match and the topmost tab needs a little bit of grinding to fit into the H8 holder.

Quote:
Yes, there has been no issue so far and the wiring along with the fog lamp assembly seem capable of handling 55W bulbs (I am using Osram Night Breaker Unlimited, the next gen Laser generates exceptional amount of heat).
Thanks. I dont have the right tools with me right now to do the slightly complicated grinding work on the H11s. Will have to do some jugaad.
SCORPION is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 23:36   #4047
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of days ago I was determined to find it and took a small mirror with me to see things I couldn't see. Finally found the screws hidden below the cross beam and located vertically. Adjustment was difficult, requiring a very short stubby screwdriver.

I am against white lights on cars and hence have not, and will not, go for an LED set up.

Quote:
For Titanium, I found these adjusters as white screws/slots that are on top of the fitment. Easily adjustable.

I too am wary of LEDs as I do not like pure white light as it is useless in terms of throw and visibility in bad weather.

I am using Osram Nightbreaker Lasers for High Beam and Osram H11 Nightbreaker Unlimited 55w for Fogs with no issues for quite some time. The wiring is of thick gauge and can take the additional torture for reasonable time. No issues of heat build-up in the casing as well.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 10th September 2019 at 23:41.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 15:50   #4048
BHPian

Quote:
I dont have the right tools with me right now to do the slightly complicated grinding work on the H11s. Will have to do some jugaad.
I now have H11 55w Osram Nightbreakers in my fog lamp housing. Bought a small grinding stone which can be fitted to a regular electric drill to modify the top tab of the H11 bulb to fit the H8 holder. I have put some pictures up in the thread below for anyone who might be interested in a similar modification.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4656705 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
Old 12th September 2019, 22:19   #4049
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Except Low beam, High beam and Fog lamps are simple replacements in case of even Titanium.
Correct, I almost forgot. I asked one of the local accessories guys here at Chandigarh today and as per him it will be difficult to align the LED as the cut on the light is not exactly in the centre and the LED heat sink does not allow correct alignment. Can you share the link of LED's that you picked?

Same for the new Laser Nightbreakers seems to be a small change and mostly newer packing/ branding. Don't know what's correct. I currently have Osram 35 W HID on the lower beams. What will be a better option?
Old 13th September 2019, 22:37   #4050
BHPian

Hi guys , what should be a fair price for a 3.2 white 2018 gurgaon registered endeavour with 20k on the odo?
And should i be looking out for anything in particular while cheking it out?

Thanks
Mayank

Most Viewed