Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 18:00   #2536
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I have been reading some of the last few posts about the fuel average of the Endeavour and have been highly amused. Hence I felt that I should share with you a shot taken by me some days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20170713_200510_001.jpg  

Marcus Brutus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:25   #2537
Team-BHP Support

If you can afford a 40L SUV, why should you be worried about low FE? Well, why put a tempered glass on your iPhone X?

What if some one has a running of 5,000 to 7,500 kms a month? Would you get a 3.2 or a 2.2? It actually starts to sound like this thread.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:31   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Has anyone tried to get extended warranty beyond 3rd year? The dealer has no clue and are not offering extended warranty beyond 3rd year. I got a call from india assistance company who offered me 3 & 4 year extended warranty for 43K. They claim to have taken a request from my side for cancellation of 3rd year warranty, the amount for which i have to collect from my dealership. They have also sent me a link for making online payment. Am not sure if i should pay them. I have dropped an email to custmail@ford asking them for clarification. Does anyone here have any clue what this 'India assistance mapfre' company is all about.
All,
I was wondering how to extend the warranty as well, so I logged in to ford customer portal and posted an inquiry to extend the warranty. I got a call from India assist folks and they explained for 4th year, it is Rs.34,000 and 5th year about (45K, don't remember exactly). Then they send me a quote (after I gave them the VIN number) for 4th year (I already have for 3rd year). they send me a quote for 34 K with all my car details as well as address etc, so this looks authentic.

Also they explained that after I purchase the 4th year warranty then only I can purchase 5th year warranty. After payment is complete, then they would create the warranty certificate and send it to me by email.

I checked what does India assist do (online), looks like they are third party solutions provides to companies like Ford.

payment link goes to here (http://fordtm.iassist.co.in/), which is not secure, and then it gets re-directed to billdesk https payment gateway.

The quote seems to have been generated by ford B2B server (https://www.wslb2b.ford.com/default.cgi).

Not sure yet if I should pay through this link, any suggestions on what to do next?

btw. attaching the extended warranty parts coverage (provided by India assist).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EW coverage-2016.pdf (944.3 KB, 289 views)
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:44   #2539
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If you can afford a 40L SUV, why should you be worried about low FE? Well, why put a tempered glass on your iPhone X?
Because the 40 lac is a one time investment while the low FE is a regular pain, though it may not pinch the owner financially. Nobody likes guzzlers and that is a proven fact.

I want my iPhone X to last as long as it can and get me a good resale for its pristine condition, hence a tempered glass.
n.devdath is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 20:07   #2540
Team-BHP Support

We have been also getting about 8 to 9 in Bangalore traffic and 11-12 with heavy footed driver on highways. Done about 7000 kms and mileage seems to be improving as the engine breaks in more and more. Reasonable for an SUV since my Thar also used to give similar figures with a very light foot and remap.
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 00:10   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Brutus View Post
I have been reading some of the last few posts about the fuel average of the Endeavour and have been highly amused. Hence I felt that I should share with you a shot taken by me some days back.
That is some really good numbers !
I guess this mileage figure is from a drive during the night, as the photo was taken at 8:00 pm. I too have experience higher mileage at cold ambient conditions, but around 12 kmpl max. You must have had a very light foot to go with it. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I guess I did not come across correctly. Just to explain a little more in Q&A style -

Q - If you cant afford fuel costs, why do you want to buy the Endy?
A - .. just taking a little while to get around the fact of 6 kmpl,.. on top of which I do drive with a heavy foot.
Moreover, 80% of my running is on the highway.
I typically do Bangalore-Kochi 550 kms once a month with my 5 member family. I am able to cover that distance in about 3/4th of the tank.

Quote:
Q - If you can afford, why worry?
A - I owned a used Fiesta from 2007 to 2013... The after sales experience from Ford during then was not great either.
Rising fuel costs forced me to sell my 1st love. The low fuel economy and Ford's avg reputation then ensured a very low price when I was selling it.
I too own a Fiesta Petrol. If you look at per km cost on fuel alone with latest pricing, Fiesta costs me 4.8 Rs/km. Endy costs around 5.6 Rs/km. So for every 1000 km I spend about Rs 800 more on Endy.
Lot of folks get overly hung up on resale value. Although it is a factor to consider, I am not sure if it is an overwhelmingly deciding factor. You buy a Chevy, Rexton, etc, then I can see the impact of significant price decrease. These days Ford seem to have good resale. Try buying a used Ecosport, you will know what I am talking about.
Also my experience with Ford service has been very good.

Quote:
Q - What happened next?
A - I bought the XUV and run it for 53k and 3 years without a single niggle and awesome after sales experience. Resale value is good as well and most importantly, this SUV has been a hoot to drive and every mile has been so nice.
But Mahindra launched the much improved and even more feature laden XUV priced not much higher in just a few month after I bought mine by paying 18L. Dont want the same to happen again with Endy. Hence, that doubt.
Latest XUV has a lot of features and if you also enjoy its ride quality, why go for something that is way more expensive? It has better infotainment system, sun roof, better mileage, good resale etc.

Quote:
Q - If so, why do you want to upgrade?
A - Loved the awesome ride quality in Endy, the power and all the features. Also, we usage of 6th and 7th seats increased in recent past and Endy has more space with 6/7 seats occupied.
It does have immense desire-ability factor as well. Love at 1st sight
Personally I feel much more confident in Endy 3.2 4x4. I know it can take me out of many rather dangerous situations I encounter on the country side. I am not sure if XUV can do that. During the 12000 kms I have driven it, It has helped me out of some rather tricky situations. I typically drive with 5-7 folks including kids and may be 50-80 kgs of luggage. This thing is rock solid on both pedals.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 00:33   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Q - If you cant afford fuel costs, why do you want to buy the Endy?
A - I can totally afford to buy and run it good, just taking a little while to get around the fact of 6 kmpl (I come from a very humble background, moving up in life since last few years), on top of which I do drive with a heavy foot.
The keyword here is - "I come from a humble background".

I know this might be slightly off topic, however, this has more to do with your mental state of mind rather than anything else. When you've worked hard to achieve something, the mind usually goes into survival mode.

It unconsciously forces you to do the right thing at the right time because it doesn't want you falling back into your past or where you came from.

Realistically, should you even worry about fuel economy with this vehicle? The standard logic would suggest you shouldn't. So technically it is your brain that is on the edge and sends stress signals to your body anytime you think about taking the plunge.

Eventually, when we go through one too many stress signals the entire job of your brain becomes to relieve you from that stress and as a result, people hesitate and focus on the small issues (which might be irrelevant in the longer run).

Therefore, take a very objective look at this (realistically you won't always get 6kmpl). Is the fuel economy issue a strong enough reason to not buy this car or is it something else unconsciously that is stopping you? Maybe a belief system that you're holding on to? Maybe a fear of the unknown?

I personally went through this as well when I took the plunge and bought my first German car. However, 90% of the things we fear will never come true. That is just a fact about life.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 30th September 2017 at 00:35.
rahul_jo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 10:24   #2543
BHPian

@ aniket The way I see it is we are in the last few years of the internal combustion engine era. Companies will soon start directing their new investments elsewhere. Regulations will change.
If you are an enthusiast, buy cars every 3-4 years, and can afford it, you should go for a car which makes you happy.
Things will fundamentally change a few years down the road and you may not get another chance. As far as some of your questions are concerned, there's an element of risk attached to everything that we do.. rational decisions can only get you so far, but eventually you have to take a leap of faith.

That's just my opinion. Don't mean to preach!
mayjay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 18:38   #2544
BHPian

Quick question to Endy users - can you hear the Turbo whistle sound in the 3.2? If so, at what RPM onwards?

From my TD, I could not make out. I love that sound by the way
Old 4th October 2017, 21:53   #2545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
@ ashu1810

Thank you for the cost break up. Much appreciated. On a few Verna posts, i have seen that Floor Lamination is an official accessory.Checked Ford India website but there is no mention of it.
I did checked up with my dealer,i.e., Cargo Ford Vadodara, in regard with floor lamination. They said that nothing like it is in offering and moreover, it is not advisable to go for it for reasons they were not aware of.

Quote:
I guess it would be cheaper to do at the roadside accessories shops and while maybe even 3M may offer this, 3M and the dealer could be expensive.
I have planned for some of the extras for my vehicle from 3M, like PPF and CR 70 sunfilm. Right now researching on the rates of the two, in Ahmedabad, near my home town Vadodara and Hyderabad, my work place.
Old 5th October 2017, 11:52   #2546
BANNED

Is anybody here using a fender mirror for the new endeavour? I have searched everywhere (online/offline) but couldn't find one that fits the new endy. The generic ones available in accessories store donot fit the new endy and no matching products are available abroad too (searched on google). If anybody has any leads, please advise.
Old 8th October 2017, 11:24   #2547

Did anyone get their Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 installed with the Nudge Bar with all sensors? The dealer did the installation of the Nudge bar and the side panels and the way it is installed, anyone can put their hand into the gap and pull out the sensor wiring and cause mschief. Has anyone experience this too? Is this the correct installation?

I saw the installation diagrams and I don't think they installed the outer piece with those measurements for gaps.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_4813.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_3629.jpg

Can someone post a pic of their installation? I am planning to write to Ford to ask if the installation was done correctly. The dealer also asked me to write to them.
Old 8th October 2017, 12:33   #2548
BHPian

A small query. Is the Titanium 3.2 high beam HB3 or H15 ? There seems to be some confusion regarding the same. Kindly advice.
Old 9th October 2017, 15:10   #2549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
A small query. Is the Titanium 3.2 high beam HB3 or H15 ? There seems to be some confusion regarding the same. Kindly advice.
High beam is HB3 9005 and swappable with any standard after-market bulb. Normally they have Philips there but I removed and installed Osram Nightbreakers.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 9th October 2017 at 15:12.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 11:24   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
High beam is HB3 9005 and swappable with any standard after-market bulb. Normally they have Philips there but I removed and installed Osram Nightbreakers.
Felt any noticeable difference with Night Breakers replacing halogens ? Considering the same myself. Also, did you do anything for the low beams ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks