Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2017, 21:13   #2611
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
If anyone wants to check the default values on each modules on your Endeavour, you can verify it by VIN on the below link.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

It looks like Ford is using the same control modules on Endeavour/Everest, Ranger & F150

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=815852466
I tried Forscan on my Aspire and was able to get DRLs activated. I had the option of turn signals / fog lamps / low beams always being on with the ignition - so right now I've set my front turn signals & the side mirror indicators to be on, like several cars in the US market a

To get Forscan to work, I had to order a custom MS/HSCan cable from Aliexpress for about Rs 700. The SW itself is free and has great support.
Old 29th November 2017, 12:45   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
If anyone wants to check the default values on each modules on your Endeavour, you can verify it by VIN on the below link.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

It looks like Ford is using the same control modules on Endeavour/Everest, Ranger & F150

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=815852466
Found something interesting. There is a sheet named "Adding NAV to a 2015s". I have a 2016 Endy with Sync2. Going by the instructions there, does anyone thing I will be able to activate NAV/GPS module in my Endy with Sync2?

Also mentioned "Purchase and load navigation maps from dealer or "obtain" from other sources"

Any inputs?

Thanks!
Old 29th November 2017, 18:02   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Going by the instructions there, does anyone thing I will be able to activate NAV/GPS module in my Endy with Sync2?
Also mentioned "Purchase and load navigation maps from dealer or "obtain" from other sources"

Any inputs?

Thanks!
Try sending mail to Dan mentioned in the below forum. Sent him pictures of the unit & VIN/ Module info for your Endeavour

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread....4573&pid=80488

See the below link as well
https://forum.xda-developers.com/win...c-2-0-t3484473

Navigation SD cards available on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rd+a8&_sacat=0

Below is the step by step guide using an additional module but seems to be costly.

Last edited by LionX : 29th November 2017 at 18:23.
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 19:57   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2016 Endy with Sync2. Going by the instructions there, does anyone thing I will be able to activate NAV/GPS module in my Endy with Sync2?
Thanks!
After going through few posts on the below forum it looks like you're pretty close.

Can you please confirm the navigation application version on your Endy ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-forum.png  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2016fordendeavour37.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-syncversion.jpg  

Last edited by LionX : 29th November 2017 at 20:01.
Old 30th November 2017, 11:29   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
After going through few posts on the below forum it looks like you're pretty close.

Can you please confirm the navigation application version on your Endy ?
Where specifically you see this screen? I could not find the set of options unless I am not looking at the right menu. Please can you advice? Thanks.
Old 30th November 2017, 11:55   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Where specifically you see this screen? I could not find the set of options unless I am not looking at the right menu. Please can you advice? Thanks.
please check the below video from 7:35

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 21:13   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I had a very revealing drive on a friend's 3.2 Titanium today and here is the lowdown:

1. My biggest grouse with the Endy has always been its AT gearbox, which was never able to satisfy me on the highway and during medium-high speed overtakes. However, my friend insisted I drive his Endy and analyse it because he had something to tell me, and after a 90km drive on all kinds of roads, I came out pleasantly surprised.

His GB shifts almost seamlessly, downshifts promptly, and most importantly, holds its revs at around 1400 even if the throttle is released, which makes highway driving an overtaking such a blissful experience.

When I asked him, he told me that there is PCM update by Ford which made all this difference to the vehicle's performance.

For the benefit of all of us here, the PCM update # is: EB3G-12A650-ANK
My endy had gone for service today. the SA told me that there is an update for the PCM as well as audio system. He informed me he has updated the same. Any ways to check the same ? How did you manage to get the PCM update version?
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 22:11   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
My endy had gone for service today. the SA told me that there is an update for the PCM
Please tell us the manufacturing month and year of your Endeavour.
Mine is March 2017. I want to know whether the PCM update is applicable to mine as well.

Last edited by Wanderers : 30th November 2017 at 22:14.
Old 30th November 2017, 22:12   #2619
BANNED

Quote:
Any ways to check the same ?
It shows on the laptop when the option to update the PCM is chosen.

Quote:
How did you manage to get the PCM update version?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 18:23   #2620
BHPian

Hello!
In case someone get the PCM update EB3G-12A650-ANK as specified by n.devdath in Delhi/NCR region kindly update the service center name here. My car will be due for the 2nd service in sometime (currently 8.5k).

I have tried checking on PCM update last time with my Safari Dicor with Concorde motors after reading on other thread. As far as I remember some of our TBhp members updated the same in Bangalore from Prerana motors. But on contrary to them my SA was totally confused with such terms (read PCM) and he was like I asked him something beyond his knowledge/imagination like "Does life exist on Moon?".

Don't want to be in similar situation again and want to get it updated in next service. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2017, 21:51   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Please tell us the manufacturing month and year of your Endeavour.
Mine is March 2017. I want to know whether the PCM update is applicable to mine as well.
My endy is apr or may 2016.
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:35   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
When I asked him, he told me that there is PCM update by Ford which made all this difference to the vehicle's performance.

For the benefit of all of us here, the PCM update # is: EB3G-12A650-ANK
The SA of dealer in Chennai / Hans Ford is clueless about this. He says this could be a part number and not an update and asked me if I have any emails regarding this PCM that I can forward to him.

Do the SA's use a different terminology other than PCM update?
vijay.sundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:46   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
The SA of dealer in Chennai / Hans Ford is clueless about this. He says this could be a part number and not an update and asked me if I have any emails regarding this PCM that I can forward to him.

Do the SA's use a different terminology other than PCM update?
I got it done today at Metro Ford. And there is a difference in the pickup between gears. Overall feels smoother.

There is no other terminology. If the SA there does not understand PCM, then he is the wrong person to speak to. Ask for a senior Service person. Here in Metro all of them know PCM, TCM, and even Music system/Touchscreen/Sync update which is ACM/AICM.

I had almost 5 of the packages obsolete in my Endeavour and all were updated in less than 30 mins. One good thing about Metro is that they open at 6 am so early mornings are less crowded and we also get to avoid the "famous" Bangalore traffic.
nareshtrao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 13:17   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I got it done today at Metro Ford. And there is a difference in the pickup between gears. Overall feels smoother.

There is no other terminology. If the SA there does not understand PCM, then he is the wrong person to speak to. Ask for a senior Service person. Here in Metro all of them know PCM, TCM, and even Music system/Touchscreen/Sync update which is ACM/AICM.

I had almost 5 of the packages obsolete in my Endeavour and all were updated in less than 30 mins. One good thing about Metro is that they open at 6 am so early mornings are less crowded and we also get to avoid the "famous" Bangalore traffic.
Did you have to pay for this update or was it done free of cost?
Old 2nd December 2017, 14:37   #2625
BHPian

Quote:
Did you have to pay for this update or was it done free of cost?
This update is free of cost.

Since I was there and I had run 5k since last oil change, I chose to change Oil and Filter. Total cost was Rs. 3695.00. At the same time they topped up coolant, Windshield washer etc. free of cost.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks