Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 13:08   #2731
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Was there any 3.2 4x4 AT without sunroof? Looking to buy from one of my known. When I looked at the spec from ford India, it mentions sunroof.
IIRC, the 3.2L Trend 4x4 AT was offered without a sunroof.
AShubrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 13:23   #2732
BHPian

Yes. Without sunroof and side / curtain airbags.

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th January 2018 at 09:54. Reason: Typo.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 08:17   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Thanks for posting this experience. A few questions:
1. How much disc thickness did you have on front and rear prior to rear being replaced ? Also, how much did it cost you ?
2. Are Geolanders also more noisy (understand the comfort and higher grip aspect) than the stock MRFs ? Also, how much did it cost you and what did you do about the spare ?
1. I think it was 7 mm in the front and 3 mm in the rear but I honestly forgot what the SA said. And I think it costed 6k.
2. I don't find any difference in tire noise and it costed Rs 14,900 each tire including GST. The spare tire is 17" and I din't do any changes to it.
Old 11th January 2018, 15:06   #2734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terroris View Post
I compared the spec sheet from the latest brochure with the brochure from the one available last year. Only thing that I found to be new/different was the addition of a panoramic sunroof on the 2.2. Attaching both the spec sheets.

Even though the brochure and pricelist says that the 2.2 is getting a sunroof, the point to be noted is that there are no new cars being alloted to the dealers (2.2 guise). I talked to a couple of Delhi NCR dealers and everyone stated about the non allocation of the 2.2 as of now.
Thats a very good catch. By the way yesterday got a call from Ford dealer and this time he said he has 2.2 for test drive and also said that i can buy 2.2 now. If i had read your catch here before then would have asked him about the sunroof. It would be a sweet deal if 2.2 comes with sunroof now
Old 12th January 2018, 11:56   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

What you won't:

• Fortuner's cabin is roomier, offering more headroom & space at the back
Just rechecked one last day. The space at the rear is just ok for such a long SUV and best suited for two.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2018 at 09:01. Reason: typo
Old 12th January 2018, 12:57   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Just rechecked one last day. The space at the rear is just ok for such a long SUV and best suited for two.

Exactly! This plus the limited headroom with the sunroof made me turn towards buying the Fortuner again.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2018 at 09:02. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 16th January 2018, 11:57   #2737
BHPian

My New Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4X4 Titanium completed 10,000 km and got 2nd free service done yesterday.
As suggested by others got the ACM and TCM updated. (PCM was updated last month)
However ACM update is different from Sync update and I had not asked separately for Sync update.

Before delivery I asked him to update Sync but once again it failed to update. (It had also failed to update last month at time of PCM update) Not sure why Sync update is failing.
Till yesterday I had no complain with Sync but last evening it took me by surprise when it started playing automatically without key in ignition.
I was trying to fix the cargo cover after opening the car and key was on middle seat when Sync started playing radio.
The car was switched off and locked an hour back before I opened it again for cargo cover fixing.

The total service cost was Rs 4695/- and included approx. Rs. 1100 towards wheel balancing and alignment.
Got brakes inspection done along with report. All brakes were found ok.

Last edited by Wanderers : 16th January 2018 at 11:59.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 13:41   #2738
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Himanshu Bhardwaj for sharing!

Quote:
I just did a road trip to Rajasthan and wanted to share my feedback on the new Ford Endeavour.

I had driven it for 2 days and had a very smooth drive till the afternoon of the 3rd day. At a village called Sonu (20 km short of Ramgarh), I faced a problem with the car. As I tried to go above 20 km/h, there was a noise from the bottom of the SUV. Tried my level best (with the help of a local mechanic) to understand the issue, but couldn't. Didn't want to risk anything so ultimately had to get the car sent to Jodhpur on a recovery truck.

The actual issue was very simple. Ford puts a sticker on the shaft which starts to come off after some time. This sticker hits the body and makes a loud noise. But for an amateur who got worried sick, it was time, money & a mood spoiler on a holiday.

The mechanics at Jodhpur (OS Ford) told me that my car was the 4th with the same complaint. Harpreet Ford Gurgaon mechanics confirmed the issue as well.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 15:47   #2739
BHPian

25000 KM Update

My White 2.2 Trend AT completed 25K kilometers last week. Some thoughts:

What I like:
1. Not a single rattle or creaking noise so far. Excellent build quality.
2. Has taken over the moniker of The Beast from the Safari. Whenever the car pulls up on a porch, the sheer presence of it makes you feel special when they hand you the key
3. Can handle any road at all. Been through deep water, tough roads, potholes as big as you can find.
4. The noise cancelling feature is phenomenal. Even when I sit in more premium cars like the E Class, I feel that theyre too noisy as compared to the Endy
5. Ride is planted on the highway (but wobbly on patched up city streets or uneven roads)
6. Inspires confidence when you drive it. Doesnt feel flimsy, goes where you want it to go, and stops when you want it to stop.
7. FE: 11.5KMPL (but I drive with a super super light right foot)
8. Solid air conditioner & heater. Very comfortable
9. It seems to have a built-in air purifier. I have one of those AQI monitors, and everytime I sit in the Endy, after a couple of minutes of starting, the AQI starts dropping especially if I am using the AC in RECIRC mode. Was not aware that the Endy had a purifier, and not aware if any other cars to - but I did notice in my car that the AQI drops considerably after starting. Not sure if my anecdotal evidence is a scientific result though.

What I don't like:
1. Poor front legroom (compared to safari storme)
2. Boot is too high - putting heavy suitcases in is a royal pain. Surprisingly, the boot doesnt take nearly as much stuff as the Storme used to.
3. The audio system - Sync 2 **SUCKS**. It's the worst piece of garbage vehicle management system or entertainment system I have ever used. It is buggy and slow, and totally not fit for a car at this price point
4. Visibility is a poor compared to my old Safari. The Safari felt like you're inside an aquarium - wherever you looked, you could see clearly. Not so with the Endy
5. Last row of seats is not comfortable, and getting to them is painful (compared to Innova or Hexa. Much much better last row than Safari)
6. Wobbly ride on bad roads due to high CoG. Super wobbly ride in the rear seat. On a recent drive to Simla with a group of friends and their cars, I found no one willing to sit in the Endy's rear seat!

While I am moderately happy with my purchase, every time a Hexa passes by, I cant help but imagine how comfortable the passengers in that car will be compared to me, being thrown around on city roads. I sometimes do regret not buying the XTA, even though its a full class lower than the Endy, and not at all as premium.

Overall, if I had to buy a car again, I am on the fence on whether I would buy the Endy again. When you add my super poor purchase experience from Ford to the mix (Tanish Ford), it is highly unlikely that I would buy this vehicle again if I had the chance. Sad, because when I posted my 25K review of my Safari Storme, I wholeheartedly recommended that car to anyone and everyone. Sigh-- I really do miss my Storme.

I do find that the Endy is a much much better vehicle than the Fortuner though. Every time i sit in the Fortuner, I am reminded of how much better the endy is compared to the Fortuner.

Last edited by torquing_points : 16th January 2018 at 15:58.
torquing_points is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 16:35   #2740
BHPian

Got 2nd free service done for my Endeavour at Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. Total bill was around 4500 with below breakup.

Oil Change - 2937
Oil Filter - 417
Alignment/Balancing/Rotation - 1100

I told SA to check the PCM/ACM/TCM version and update if required. Initially he was a bit reluctant and told we do not have any latest updates and it is a time taking process/all such stories.
Somehow I convinced them and got PCM updated to latest version. No significant difference post update but felt drive to be a bit smoother and not sure but I am using brakes less frequently at crawling speeds, maybe this tweak will resolve the brake pad issue. I clicked below pre and post version before update. Checked ACM and TCM they were up-to date.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20180109_164837.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 16th January 2018 at 16:36.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 17:37   #2741
Team-BHP Support

Guys who are undecided due to impending facelift or features can check 2019 Ford Ranger and see if it's worth waiting for

https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20180116-5.36.33-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th January 2018 at 17:39.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 18:20   #2742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Guys who are undecided due to impending facelift or features can check 2019 Ford Ranger and see if it's worth waiting for

https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/
I don't think Ford plans to bring Ranger to India. Even feature wise I don't Ford will offer anything significant. If at all they bring it and price on par with DMAX, I would love to replace my Innova!
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 18:29   #2743
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think Ford plans to bring Ranger to India
Perhaps not, but Endeavour/ Everest are based on Ranger so most of the changes they have done on Ranger will eventually come to Endeavour. How soon and what all will be coming needs to be seen. That 10-speed gearbox looks good so let's hope that it lands here.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 09:07   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Guys who are undecided due to impending facelift or features ...
Thanks for the update. Do you know when is the Endeavour facelift expected to be available in India? Is it available in other markets already?
Old 17th January 2018, 10:03   #2745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you know when is the Endeavour facelift expected to be available in India?
No one will know surely, we can only speculate, there is something which is probably coming earlier though, have a look at this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4340273
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks