Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2018, 22:21   #3481
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Ashish Masih of AutoPortal took the 3.2L Endeavour on a 600 km test drive.
He seems to be in love with the 2.2L which he says offers 90% of the power of the 3.2L at 75% of the price.

Last edited by Ithaca : 30th September 2018 at 22:26.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 22:45   #3482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
He seems to be in love with the 2.2L which he says offers 90% of the power of the 3.2L at 75% of the price.
Thanks for sharing. Either this guy owns a 2.2 Endeavour or he is very poor in maths.

Not a great review. Goes on about the suspension being good and how nice the car is. No negatives pointed out. Don't think he sat in the middle seat. Half hearted attempt. Their review has come so late when there are numerous and better reviews already available on YouTube.
SCORPION is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 11:24   #3483
BANNED

Even Autocar review says 2.2 better than 3.2. The 0-100 kmph time is 11.xx for 3.2 and 12.xx for 2.2, not much i'd say. Even the cabin noise and FE of 2.2 is better. So, not going into a debate as to which one is better, both are good for their intended purpose or application. For people who do not intend to go off road, I think 2.2 is 90% 3.2 for 82% money (27L vs 32L when i bought). For people who have enough budget and want a 4x4 system with all luxuries associated with titanium variant, 3.2 is better.
chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 11:59   #3484
BANNED

Quote:
Such reviews are made just for the heck of it when an OEM gives you a media vehicle for your weekend holiday because the vehicle is anyway lying idle.

And, when you are given a vehicle, some content is also expected out of it and hence the half hearted review.

Coming to the variants, the 2.2 is more than sufficient for those who buy the Endy for its presence and looks but someone looking for an expedition vehicle which has 4WD, the 3.2 is the only and the better option.
n.devdath is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 12:49   #3485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion, this statement is strategically made to increase the sales of 2.2L. People who are in dilemma whether to go for 2.2L or 3.2L and cannot go for 3.2L because of budget constraints, if they hear from a popular personality or company, will like this statement and may get into the trap (May be trap is a wrong word to be used.)
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 21:06   #3486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Such reviews are made just for the heck of it when an OEM gives you a media vehicle for your weekend holiday because the vehicle is anyway lying idle.

And, when you are given a vehicle, some content is also expected out of it and hence the half hearted review.

Coming to the variants, the 2.2 is more than sufficient for those who buy the Endy for its presence and looks but someone looking for an expedition vehicle which has 4WD, the 3.2 is the only and the better option.
Spot on. I’m no critic but the review is full of superlatives and adjectives without delving on the content sufficiently. Poor repeated attempts at humor make it even worse.

Any research or thesis is done with an end point or goal or primary objective as we call it. In a review how can you compare two different things and say one is better. Yes he does clarify that 3.2 is for people into off roading but there appears to be a clear bias towards the less powerful and cheaper variant. Like i said without a hypothesis you cannot have a thesis and hence the conclusion is illogical and unsubstantiated.

It was just for the heck of it and that too so late in the day.
Hellzboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:13   #3487
BHPian

I hope this belongs here.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endeavour.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endeavour-2.jpg
Saw this Endeavour parked very close to my house.

I love the Endeavour's butch looks in stock form, I say this because, I will be in the market next year to upgrade from my XUV5OO and the 2019 Endy is a very strong contender.

With that said the I love the Raptor Grill and the rest feels like an overkill.
The wheel cladding looks too big for the car and the remaining black treatment is just ok I feel. Could have been done up more tastefully.
Do I even need to say anything about the hood inserts.

Obviously this is my personal opinion and others may differ here.
OverKill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:48   #3488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
I hope this belongs here.
Sorry, you picked the wrong thread, it should be here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...jobs-1221.html

Raptor grill does look good on certain colours but again this will be a personal preference. If you are not in hurry, the new one should be a good buy.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2018 at 08:25. Reason: Typo.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:59   #3489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sorry, you picked the wrong thread, it should be here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...jobs-1221.html
I had started of with that thread and then posted it here as I deeply love the endeavour for its butch looks and I am seriously considering the 2019 Endy (whenever its launched). I am in absolutely no hurry and hope it's worth the wait.

Thanks for pointing it out though!

Regards.
Sahil.
Old 4th October 2018, 09:45   #3490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Can you suggest the best one we can buy in India and abroad for the endeavour.
Have read a long article on Google about the fake ObD 2 adapters which are sold online for as low as Rs.400.
Need some valuable suggestions.
Got this interesting thread on the subject

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iglink20368-20

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...readsheet.html

Quote:
Below is a link to a spreadsheet to record features that can be modified in the Super Duty via the FORScan software. Each row provides information on what can be changed and how to change it. The spreadsheet is read-only and will be updated with new features as they are discovered. This thread can be used to discuss and test new mods.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...s1s/edit#gid=0
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 11:29   #3491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Got this interesting thread on the subject
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...s1s/edit#gid=0
The spreadsheet is specific to Fx50 series and most of the options do not work and pose a risk of bricking the module being programmed. In the latest version of FORScan, features applicable to the Endeavour / Everest can be enabled / disabled via selection from drop down menus which poses a lesser risk of bricking the module. Had posted the activation process of climate menu in my ownership thread as an example.
A.G. is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 12:36   #3492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Can you suggest the best one we can buy in India and abroad for the endeavour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
You need to buy an adapter which has an MS-CAN and HS-CAN support to access all the modules using ForScan. Preferably USB based ones. This is what I am using:
https://www.banggood.in/ELM327-USB-M...r_warehouse=CN

Some modifications can be done simply by selecting tabs to enable or disable a feature. This is fairly simple and risk free. Some modifications require you to change the hexadecimal values to enable/disable or modify certain features. This is highly risky because the hexadecimal values are sometimes different for the F-150 series and the Endeavour and entering the wrong value can mess up things. However, ForScan gives you an option to save all the original values by a simple save all option before you change stuff. You can recall this saved file and reset the entire module to its original settings if you mess things up.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 08:18   #3493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Every car has it's own pros and cons . The 3.2 is a wonderful SUV packed with amazing features and 4x4 capabilities. Although having good 4x4 capabilities it may not a hard-core off-roader because of its length and weight. A Mahindra Thar with a lesser powerful engine and 1/3rd the price may do better on certain off-roading tracks. Regular off-roading guys would know what I am talking.
So coming back to comparisons, it should be down to the customer as to what are his needs. If you are into regular long distance runs /touring in India then a 2.2 is a good bet. Some claim that the 2.2 is underpowered after 120 kph. But how many are constantly going to drive their car over 120?
Both cars 2.2 and 3.2 have same looks but are mainly differentiated by their engines. So if I can afford a 3.2 I would go for it and if I really love the car and have budget issues then I would settle for the 2.2.
Remember the Endeavour was launched in 2016 and they had a 2.2L 4x4 manual as well but because of lack of sales it was discontinued. Today when people have realised the value of the car I think this model would have sold in large numbers.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 10:15   #3494
BHPian

My Endeavour 2.2 Titanium March 2018 model was having this frustrating gearbox delay/confusion while accelerating from slow speeds of 20 to 30Kmph. Only rpm and engine noise would increase but wont accelerate as expected. Situation would be worse while driving up an inclined road trying to overtake a slow moving vehicle from 20Kmph. From 3rd gear onwards things were smooth. Workaround was to release foot from accelerator and press again after a delay(somebody already mentioned this on Team-BHP)

Raised complaint with Ford, took test drive of 2.2 Test drive car. That car behaved the same way , albeit somewhat better. Dealer hence concluded I am satisfied or relieved and decided to let me go without doing any updates to PCM or TCM. Simply said they had done all upgrades while i was taking test drive on their car. On insisting to know the new PCM version, they finally had to connect my car to laptop and found PCM update available from AMK to AMM. Did not check TCM update.

After PCM update to AMM was done, car is now 70% much better than before. Holds onto third gear longer at slow speeds than before due to which there is reduction in hunting for gears. But still not the perfect gearbox as 1-2-3 transition is not the best. However the frustration of the past is now gone and is now a pleasure or rather a relief to drive. D mode is now similar to the S mode previously.

Highly recommend owners of 2.2 Auto to do the latest upgrade. Dealers hesitating to perform updates or trying to hide availability of updates is irritating though.
raj84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 11:02   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Dealers hesitating to perform updates or trying to hide availability of updates is irritating though.
Very true, and I have experienced the same. I always found it hard to believe there are no updates for my car while others have reported updating theirs. They probably feel the customer has no way of finding out. They do not realise there are some customers who are different. I had to finally escalate the matter to Ford India to finally get my updates done. Not that there was any perceptible difference post update, but at least you can rest assured your car is running the latest 'software'.

After Ford contacted them, things were different and I sat with them in the car and went through the entire process of getting the PCM and audio module updated. Fellow owner and TBhp member Hellzboy has reported new updates and I will definitely ensure mine gets the latest update the next time I visit them.

This makes me doubt whether the service centers actually do any 'servicing' at all. What prevents them from saying they have changed the engine oil when they have merely topped it up and not replaced the filter at all? Justifies the need to remain in the gallery throughout while your car is being serviced and insist on witnessing important replacements. This is something I always follow, except the last servicing when I was held up with some other work.
SCORPION is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks