Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:14   #2701
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Today completed my 20k services at elite Ford in Bangalore. Overall very good service experience, oil and oil filter replacement along with the air filter change was done. Also had to replace the rear break pads costs about 8k including GST.
Did anyone else had to change rear break pads in 20k kilometers?
Not at 20k kilometres but we have replaced rear brake pads on our endeavour at 40k kms and it still had around 2-3k kms life left. However I was told by SA that most of the endeavors we're having brake pad replacements at 20-25k kms. Our endeavour was driven 90% on highways. Front brake pads are still fine at 53k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Has anyone installed the F-150 Raptor grill on his Endy? If yes, can you help out with a few queries of mine.

How much did it cost? Can it be ordered online from anywhere? Or where I can get it in Hyderabad? Any issues if it is installed or things to keep in mind while going ahead with this installation?
I haven't yet installed the grill but enquired around for the same. Price is around 12k to 15k depending on the vendor. In Hyderabad I have checked with Indian decars, banjara hills who had grills in stock with them. Not sure about the quality though. You can check with them.

As I expected the Ford guys didn't do the wiring properly when they replaced the levelers. Now it's working as it is supposed to. A waste of 3-4 hours to get this sorted out.
harsha.muvva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:02   #2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreiki View Post
Has anyone had scratches on their Ford Endeavour and then gotten it fixed at the Ford service center?
========
I ought to be more careful in driving.
Yes, I did have while the Car was less than two months old. One careless Bike rider tried to overtake from my left side while I was turning and made few deep scratches and a scratch less dent. Kairali Ford TRV used suction to lift the scratch less dent and repainted the rest. It was a good repair job and cost me 2500Rs as Insurance excess while the whole cost of repair was around 10K.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:41   #2703
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I have faced similar issue in my endeavour around 10k kms back. But in my case the sound is constant and it kept on increasing with speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Another Day, Another issue

However my joy was short-lived. The car was making a 'tak-tak' sound from rear which is continuous and increased with speed. I thought there must be something loose inside and have sent the vehicle to service centre today in the morning. I got the shock of my life in the afternoon when the service centre GM informed me that Rear Drive shaft/propeller shaft is making the noise and it has to replaced. Warranty claim for the same has been initiated. Right now they couldn't even tell me when I will be able to get the car back. This time I took loaner car from them which is an Ecosport. They have thoroughly checked and serviced that ecosport before giving it me.
So our car had gone to Kerala for the holidays, while returning and as they approached Coimbatore, sound started coming from the rear side. My brother was driving and he immediately called me and mentioned that the sound is corresponding to the speed and starts at about 30-40 kmph and keeps increasing with speed, seems like something is hitting somewhere, but nothing was visible when they pulled over and checked. This was on saturday and only 11 am in the morning, so asked him to drive slowly to the nearest Ford service. Rajashree ford on the highway was prompt in taking the vehicle and after some test driving, they confirmed there is something wrong with rear prop shaft and would need work. They don't have parts and expect a downtime of about 2 weeks.

With not many option left, I asked my brother to raise a request with Customer care and see if they can assist with transportation for him and family, who were stranded 400 kms away from home.

By then the senior mechanic at the dealer comes in (he was late that day for work) and requests for 30 minutes to have a look. And this was really a turn around, apparently there was some Ford badging that had come lose from the prop shaft and was hitting somewhere while propshaft was turning. They pulled it out and the sound went away. He assured it is just a badging and has no impact on performance of the vehicle. Apparently there was one another car which had reported same issue at the dealership and the mech seemed confident about the resolution. Though my brother was shown the "sticker", he did not take any pic and was in a hurry to get back to Bangalore.

Had asked brother to drive slow for sometime to see if everything is fine, and fortunately car behaved normally the whole way. I will be taking the vehicle for some much needed clean up this weekend, and will check for any reminiscence of the so called badge and post for other owners to identify if it is there in the car. I have a doubt it might have been a balancing weight for the shaft?

Big shout out to the dealer who was very responsive, infact they got little upset when Ford made the call to them, after the issue was raised by my brother. And Ford customer care also seems to be quiet responsive during the whole affair. They were calling me multiple times, since it is my number that is registered on records.

Hoping this is last of the scares from the car.
Jaggu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 14:30   #2704
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I had the car till it completed 30k kms. The brake pads were in excellent condition and service advisor told it did not need replacement. I have heard that the brake pads get eaten up fast if the car is in D mode and you try to hold the brakes for a long time. I generally use N when i have to stop the car for more than 30 seconds (just a rough calculation)
That is dumb logic. The Brake Pads can only wear out by the rubbing action of motion / friction while stopping the car. The Brake Pads have Zero wear while we hold them stationary in D. The service advisor giving you this logic needs to get his fundamentals checked.

That said holding the car in D for too long is known to cause problems in DSG gearboxes but the Endeavour is a Torque Convertor so shouldn't be impacted.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:11   #2705
BHPian

Ford endeavour price in January
Varying steeply across varients
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-_20180103_161015.jpg
Dramitn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:45   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
Varying steeply across varients
Attachment 1712400

Why would Ford bother hiking the price by ₹ 1900 on the Endeavour? This kind of a price hike certainly looks absurd. Probably cost the dealers more money to photocopy and print the price hike.
Is this some hike in tax or RTO charges ?

The ₹59000 increase probably is a price correction for the Titanium 2.2. What does the * denote?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 3rd January 2018 at 16:46.
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:51   #2707
BHPian

Mine is Trend 2.2. I have been observing a shudder or thump intermittently but only at speeds of around 70-80 kmph. I am not able to understand the situation really well and has been unable to demonstrate to the Service folks as well. My guess is that the automatic transmission is trying to find a proper gear to be slotted. Because, when this happens, I can feel a thump in the car, as though it went over a pothole and at the same time I can feel a slight kick as if the transmission moved to a lower gear and the car is pushed forward in non linear fashion.

I searched the net and came up with an issue noticed in Australian version, very similar to what I face.

http://australiancar.reviews/reviews...erest&gen=1359 ( Ford Everest : thump noise on 5-6 gearshift ). apparently, this is fixed with a software update.

Another interesting thing I heard from the service folks is that there was no software update for my car which was manufactured in June 2016. I was really hoping that later version of TCM software will fix this.

Presently, I continue to run the car and occasionally coming across the problem. Anyone else experienced this?
Old 3rd January 2018, 19:35   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
The ₹59000 increase probably is a price correction for the Titanium 2.2. What does the * denote?
That denotes a moonroof
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 20:25   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
That denotes a moonroof
Did you confirm the same with Ford India?
If so, it’ll seriously cannibalise the 3.2 L Titanium’s sales.
Old 4th January 2018, 06:21   #2710
Senior - BHPian

MY2018 Ford Endeavour gets New Features

2.2 Titanium gets Panoramic Sunroof.

2.2/3.2 Titanium now get Auto Dimming Mirror.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20180104_061931.jpg

Source - Ford India Website
CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 07:24   #2711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not much increase as they changed the prices in December and was being sold at discounts of 1,5 - 2 Lac. On 2018 models, they will simply take off the discounts.

Quote:
2.2 Titanium gets Panoramic Sunroof
That's a good addition but why is the price difference so little between 2,2- 4x2 and 3,2 - 4x4, it appears FORD wants to encash on buyers who want an imposing SUV with better fuel economy more than 4x4 or engine power.

Looks they are learning few things about Indian market

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th January 2018 at 07:37.
Turbanator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 08:47   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
MY2018 Ford Endeavour gets New Features

2.2 Titanium gets Panoramic Sunroof.

2.2/3.2 Titanium now get Auto Dimming Mirror.

Attachment 1712591

Source - Ford India Website
3.2 Titanium already had Auto-Dimming rear view mirror. Unless I am wrong.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 09:24   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Did you confirm the same with Ford India?
If so, it’ll seriously cannibalise the 3.2 L Titanium’s sales.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-_20180104_092209.jpg

Yes attaching the pic.
Dramitn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 21:17   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So our car had gone to Kerala for the holidays, while returning and as they approached Coimbatore, sound started coming from the rear side. My brother was driving and he immediately called me and mentioned that the sound is corresponding to the speed and starts at about 30-40 kmph and keeps increasing with speed, seems like something is hitting somewhere, but nothing was visible when they pulled over and checked. This was on saturday and only 11 am in the morning, so asked him to drive slowly to the nearest Ford service. Rajashree ford on the highway was prompt in taking the vehicle and after some test driving, they confirmed there is something wrong with rear prop shaft and would need work. They don't have parts and expect a downtime of about 2 weeks.

With not many option left, I asked my brother to raise a request with Customer care and see if they can assist with transportation for him and family, who were stranded 400 kms away from home.

By then the senior mechanic at the dealer comes in (he was late that day for work) and requests for 30 minutes to have a look. And this was really a turn around, apparently there was some Ford badging that had come lose from the prop shaft and was hitting somewhere while propshaft was turning. They pulled it out and the sound went away. He assured it is just a badging and has no impact on performance of the vehicle. Apparently there was one another car which had reported same issue at the dealership and the mech seemed confident about the resolution.

Hoping this is last of the scares from the car.
I had a similar issue about two months back and was told that some cable was loose inside the propeller shaft and the problem was resolved using a cable tie. i dont know which cable as pick up and drop was arranged by Dhone Ford Pune. But i have not had the problem since then
Old 4th January 2018, 23:02   #2715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post

Another interesting thing I heard from the service folks is that there was no software update for my car which was manufactured in June 2016. I was really hoping that later version of TCM software will fix this.

Presently, I continue to run the car and occasionally coming across the problem. Anyone else experienced this?
I just got TCM updates last week, it is better to ask them to connect the laptop and check in front of you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks