Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 19:38   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post
Our Endeavour has arrived at the dealership and is ready for registration. It will be delivered tomorrow. The car was manufactured on June 2017. Any pre-delivery tips?

Looks beautiful. Congratulations.
Just make sure you do a very thorough around the vehicle check. Mine had a minor ding on the driver door and it had some difficulty closing. It had to be pushed with a bit more force than other doors. But the dealer quickly took care of it. Check all these.
I took a print of the Team BHP Pre delivery list. Although exhaustive it's a good to have one.
Old 20th July 2017, 22:49   #2417
BHPian

Congrats to both. Are you considering any accessories either from Ford or outside?
Old 21st July 2017, 00:46   #2418
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Looks beautiful. Congratulations.
Just make sure you do a very thorough around the vehicle check. Mine had a minor ding on the driver door and it had some difficulty closing. It had to be pushed with a bit more force than other doors. But the dealer quickly took care of it. Check all these.
I took a print of the Team BHP Pre delivery list. Although exhaustive it's a good to have one.
Which list is this - the one i can see is more of general inspection and all ?
Old 21st July 2017, 07:26   #2419
BHPian

Here's the link to the PDF. This is the summary version.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-checklist.pdf

The list which I had used when I had last purchased a car, and which is much more detailed is here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kulkarni.html

Last edited by mayjay : 21st July 2017 at 07:31. Reason: Detailed checklist added
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 17:26   #2420
Team-BHP Support

I was just checking into prices of top of line AT Fortuner and Endy in Mumbai. I was surprised to learn that the Endy (I would imagine for the first time) is a bit pricier than the T-Fort.

T-Fort A/T on road Mumbai I was told is 36.57 lakh while the Endy 3.2 A/T is 36.68 lakh. This is just based on a phone call - haven't got actual quote from Toyota. I recognise that the Endy is possibly superior but to go head on with the big T on price is a bit ambitious in my opinion - just on a brand value perspective.
Old 26th July 2017, 09:20   #2421
BHPian

Hi
There is an option have wi fi or net connectivity which you can activate in your Endy

Any advise on how to do it. I tried but somehow not successful. Mine in Sync 2

Any one who has tried swapping Sync 2 with Sync 3 ?
Old 26th July 2017, 14:45   #2422
BHPian

So, if anyone hasnt noticed yet, the rear tail lights of the Endy are incomplete.
There is a company that offers to fill it in for you in Thailand at a cost of 6500 baht or 12k rupees. The complete set looks very good and seems to help with safety. I wonder why Ford left it out? And, does anyone know if it can be done?
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 18:00   #2423
BHPian

Tried by calling customer care and speaking to their technical guys as well. Not possible to update sync 2 to sync 3. Even offered them money - realised money can't always buy you happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi
There is an option have wi fi or net connectivity which you can activate in your Endy

Any advise on how to do it. I tried but somehow not successful. Mine in Sync 2

Any one who has tried swapping Sync 2 with Sync 3 ?
crazy_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 22:22   #2424
BHPian

Did my 2nd service recently. To my great surprise I found that for Endeavour, Ford has switched to Full Synthetic oil. Shell Ultra Helix 5W-30. I paid around Rs 3500 for full oil change. That is really cheap for 9.5 liters of Full Synthetic! Earlier they were using Castrol SemiSynthetic oil. Extremely happy with this move by Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
So, if anyone hasnt noticed yet, the rear tail lights of the Endy are incomplete.

There is a company that offers to fill it in for you in Thailand at a cost of 6500 baht or 12k rupees. The complete set looks very good and seems to help with safety. I wonder why Ford left it out? And, does anyone know if it can be done?

I am a bit confused. I compared the rear side top brake lights, the tail lights and the bottom bumper lights as well, between Everest and Endeavour. I couldn't notice any difference. Can you elaborate a bit please.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 10:39   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
I am a bit confused. I compared the rear side top brake lights, the tail lights and the bottom bumper lights as well, between Everest and Endeavour. I couldn't notice any difference. Can you elaborate a bit please.
http://www.visa-autoshop.com/product...B8%84%E0%B8%A1
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-dl.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fordtaillight.jpg  

Valhalla1979 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 11:15   #2426
BHPian

Ford Motor company had its 2Q results yesterday and a conference call post that. I attended the call hoping to get some clarity on what Ford's plans were for India. I wanted to ask a question but since I don't work for a big name bank or media company I guess they skipped my name.

But there was a question about the company exiting markets and segments going ahead and the answer from the CEO was something like this (and I am paraphrasing): "you have to believe that the new management is on the top of things. In the past whenever we have struggled it is because we tried to put in place measures to improve performance and it didn't work out. And what we are emphasising is that if we do not have a path to profitability to a good return on capital then we shouldn't be there. And China is a good example where we put in place measures and you are already seeing improvement in cost..."

So my takeaway was that they are open about what they want to do about different markets and segments where they are struggling. Their focus is not so much on volumes but profitability.

But given that the CEO has given himself 100 days to restructure the organisation and he is still in that period, the uncertainty will remain for the time being.
lollapalooza is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:39   #2427
BHPian

Thanks Lollapalooza - I was listening on the call as well, though I think I must have joined after this question was asked.
Here is the transcript for this - a really roundabout answer to a roundabout question.

Rod Lache - Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc.

Great. Thank you. And just, lastly, a question on how you're thinking about capital allocation and the portfolio of businesses and products. One of the biggest paybacks that we've seen over time in the industry is actually when the industry exits segments that have been – the companies have been involved with maybe just – maybe based on tradition more than anything else. But they're obviously challenging segments and you can think about regions that have been challenging for many years and maybe so for a long time. Is this reassessment that you're looking at also that broad that you're questioning regions or segments, markets that Ford is currently in?

James P. Hackett - Ford Motor Co.

Yes. And I don't want to dismiss your question with this response. I mean you've got to believe the capability of the folks running the company, including myself. Don't fall asleep on that question. I mean there's other forces that tend to put that in a vice and hold it. And that's what you are accurate about. You have to break that hold to say, what's causing us to hang in there. And every time, if you look back with me that we hung in a market was because we actually took actions to improve and maybe it didn't work.

So I think the new reality that I can kind of confirm to you is that we really have to ask ourselves what do we have to believe to get to the kind of returns that we expect and you expect. And if we can't answer that, then we can't be there. That's making the choice when you hear us talk about playing to win and where to play, that is what that code means, is that you are clarifying where you're going to put capital.

You've seen decisions from us already in the short 60-plus days that the new teams come together and the decision to put the Focus in China as an example. That would save a bunch of money doing that and there is other things like that that will be forthcoming.
mayjay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 09:49   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
How to get it in India? I also like to get the front grill with the name big F O R D in it that some of the owners in Thai have fitted. (Seen one in Kerala as well).

I do not find too many accessories online or in local shop for the new Endy.
Old 31st July 2017, 09:52   #2429
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I do not find too many accessories online or in local shop for the new Endy.
Here you go. I've been ordering stuff through Ali Express and apart from the slightly late delivery time, it has been a good experience.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TOP-...1-442f923bf04f
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 10:51   #2430
BHPian

Just picked up mine on Saturday. Have driven 200 kms so far. Based on this early stint, here is what I feel about the car:

Baseline : Its awesome to drive, comfortable seats and gearbox, feels premium !

1. Steering is light, turning radius is comfortable
2. Dashboard looks structured and organized, touchscreen + SYNC3 combo works well
3. Sensors work well to detect people or bikes close by
4. Great engine - picks up well and maintains pace without noise

Dislikes:
A few very minor things which Ford should have or could include:
1. The key-slot is not lighted up - a bit hard to find at night (or maybe its because I am not used to yet). All buttons are backlit except EVRM adjustment which is very very strange.
2. Mirror do not auto-fold when the car is locked
3. To unlock, you have to press the unlock button twice for all doors to open - I am used to doing this only once in other cars
4. All windows are on-touch up and down - the window lock however only locks up passenger buttons and not the driver ones - need to be careful not to accidentally press the wrong button or your rear window stays open.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-0.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-3.jpg  

prateekvidya is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks