Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 15:44   #2431
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Just picked up mine on Saturday. Have driven 200 kms so far. Based on this early stint, here is what I feel about the car
Congrats Prateek and wish you many happy (s)miles on the Black Beast
I am eager to drive it in the next meet

Last edited by ampere : 14th August 2017 at 08:10. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 1st August 2017, 12:42   #2432
BHPian

Folks,

Posting this query here and in DashCam thread.

Need some advice from the Endeavour owners who have got the Dashcam installed.

Which is the best spot for the Dashcam? The center part where Rear View Mirror is there has the black reinforcement on the glass so it is not a clear glass. Any other location will be too way off the center. And finally, the center positioning means it has to be below RVM.

Any guidance? Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2017, 14:34   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Folks,

Hey Nareshtrao,

I've recently started using Dashcam in my Baleno and had the same dilemma while fixing on the front windshield. I have placed it bit off center to the left side, still getting the videos recorded perfectly with the correct field of view. Major reason behind this is that almost all the dashcams used to come with Wide Angle view which ranges from 130 to 170 Degree depending upon on the dash cam. So even if you put that bit off center, you will still get the wide picture irrespective of the placement.
Hope it helps.

P.S: I'm using SJCAM 4000 Wifi as a dash cam.
Highh5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 21:36   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Just picked up mine on Saturday. Have driven 200 kms so far. Based on this early stint, here is what I feel about the car:
3. Sensors work well to detect people or bikes close by
Sometimes the sensor acts a bit funny especially when larger size bikes like Enfield or Bajaj Pulsar are passing by. It seems that either the exhaust jet hitting the sensor or the bikes engine is creating high frequency sounds that is interfering with the ultrasonic proximity sensors, creating false positives even when bikes are few feet away. The issue seem to be with this type of sensors. Anyone else noticed this ?
I read this article on the science of parking sensors to come to that conclusion.
http://www.newelectronics.co.uk/elec...parking/24966/

Quote:
Dislikes:
A few very minor things which Ford should have or could include:
1. The key-slot is not lighted up - a bit hard to find at night (or maybe its because I am not used to yet). All buttons are backlit except EVRM adjustment which is very very strange.
2. Mirror do not auto-fold when the car is locked
3. To unlock, you have to press the unlock button twice for all doors to open - I am used to doing this only once in other cars
1. Oh yes, 4 months and 8000 kms, I still haven't got used to it. So what I do now is, as soon as I open the door, I insert the key and start the car. This gives better visibility to key slot and help warm the engine before I get to put the gear into drive. Also the slot is more recessed than in other Ford cars. I think I need a key slot lighted ring. It's there in Ali Express.
2. Another irritant, hope this can be rectified with a good electrician. Let me if anyone else got this resolved.
3. I think ladies love this feature. Security of just the driver door alone unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Folks,

Which is the best spot for the Dashcam? The center part where Rear View Mirror is there has the black reinforcement on the glass so it is not a clear glass. Any other location will be too way off the center. And finally, the center positioning means it has to be below RVM.

No issues with the camera being off center by 6-8". Suction cups won't stick to the black band on the windshield border (frit). I have Transcend 550 dashcam. The issue you need to watch out is that the wire if being passed over the RVM, should not cover the auto dimming sensor on the mirror. It is a small circular spot in the middle and top part of the mirror.
Czarcarsm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 22:52   #2435
BHPian

Yet another indication that Ford is investing further in the Indian market.

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...-diwali-405600
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 10:52   #2436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
No issues with the camera being off center by 6-8". Suction cups won't stick to the black band on the windshield border (frit). I have Transcend 550 dashcam. The issue you need to watch out is that the wire if being passed over the RVM, should not cover the auto dimming sensor on the mirror. It is a small circular spot in the middle and top part of the mirror.
Any idea how to remove the A-pillar cover to trace the wire of the dashcam and bring it near the OBD port ?
Old 5th August 2017, 15:02   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how to remove the A-pillar cover to trace the wire of the dashcam and bring it near the OBD port ?

A good auto accessories guy should be able to do it. It is a routine task for them. Since there are no airbags on A-pillar you are fine.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 09:32   #2438
BHPian

I picked up my Endeavour (3.2 Titanium) yesterday. Got mats and underbody coating from 3M. The horn on the top right corner seems to require far more pressure than other areas though the dealer says everything is in order. Not driven much. Will take her out for a longish drive today.
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 11:31   #2439
BHPian

1030 endevours shipped out in July, GST boom!

http://www.autopunditz.com
Old 13th August 2017, 11:59   #2440
BHPian

Does any one have any news on Black interiors as an option on the new Endy?
Old 13th August 2017, 16:34   #2441

Hi Guys,

Took delivery of my Endeavour Titanium 3.2 on 25th July from Elite Ford Bangalore. Entire process was very smooth. Very much impressed with the dealership. Will recommend it.

Within a week after delivery, i did a full frontal transparent wrap at 3M plus a coating for the exhaust. Additionally, installed a dashcam (HP 520G). Really recommend the wrap as the people who cleans the cars at our block already left a few scratches (as was shown to me by 3M guys). Also put in a fastag via ICICI.

Few pictures attached of the wrap process and one of the dashcam. Havent used it much yet. Just clocked 90 kms. Plan to take her out for a long drive end of the month. Thank you all for all the reviews and comments that helped in making a very good decision!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20170730_124252.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20170730_125150.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20170730_124302.jpg  

Taipan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 18:18   #2442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
Hi Guys,

Took delivery of my Endeavour Titanium 3.2 on 25th July from Elite Ford Bangalore. Entire process was very smooth. Very much impressed with the dealership. Will recommend it.

Within a week after delivery, i did a full frontal transparent wrap at 3M plus a coating for the exhaust. Additionally, installed a dashcam (HP 520G). Really recommend the wrap as the people who cleans the cars at our block already left a few scratches (as was shown to me by 3M guys). Also put in a fastag via ICICI.

Few pictures attached of the wrap process and one of the dashcam. Havent used it much yet. Just clocked 90 kms. Plan to take her out for a long drive end of the month. Thank you all for all the reviews and comments that helped in making a very good decision!
Congrats Taipan, the Endy is a great SUV with huge road presence and character. Wish you many years of fun with your Endy.
For the 3M car wrap, could you share the approx cost which you incurred?
Thanks!
Old 14th August 2017, 07:57   #2443

Hi,

Thank you! You can really bargain a lot with them (I got it done at one near ISRO Doddanekundi Bangalore). I did it for the full front facia including bonnet. Plus behind door handles and also the step area for all doors. They initially quoted 58K but bought it down by almost 50% (incl the exhaust coating). Have to be persistent You can contact Mr Lathesh there.

I also got the full foam mat for entire floor area through 3M (Nomad series) for 8K total. Its best to do a full work so you can squeeze in additionals. They had initially quoted 15K for it.

Last edited by ampere : 14th August 2017 at 08:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Taipan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 22:21   #2444
BHPian

40,000 kms UPDATE

This is the first service after the previous issues I faced at around 32k kms and none of them re-appeared so far. I was informed by the SA that rear brake pads are at the end of the life but the front ones are good for atleast 15-20k kms. I was little surprised to see just the rear ones getting worn out. I was informed by them that most of the endeavours are getting brake pads replaced for 20-25k kms which I think is too frequent and they are quite expensive at approximately Rs 5,500(inclusive of taxes). Apart from that Airfilter, oil filter, fuel filter and Cabin AC filter were replaced.

Final bill - Rs 16,695/- (brake pads costed Rs 6,000 inclusive of labor, Engine oil Rs 3,300, Paid service labor Rs 2,500, Overall taxes were Rs 3,000 i.e SGST+CGST)

Apart from the issues I faced in the past there is nothing much to report. Overall totally satisfied with the purchase of vehicle. Only thing to complain about is the MRF tyres, have already changed two tyres till now due to sidewall cuts. I am planning to shift to Michelin Primacy SUV tyres at 50k kms.

I would like to hear from fellow owners regarding the life of break-pads on the endeavour.
harsha.muvva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 22:50   #2445
BHPian

Check this, reference to rear breaks getting chewed fast.
https://practicalmotoring.com.au/int...and-dont-like/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks