Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2019, 22:18   #3931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Good Ad though. A bit cheesy maybe, but good
Beg to differ, sir! With all due respect to the capable vehicle that the Endeavour is, the ad looks too superficial and shallow, as if conceived by a fresh-out-of-college advertising graduate! C'mon Ford, you can do better than that! Talk about the capability of your vehicles rather than the (expected) humility of it's owners

Last edited by cool_dube : 5th June 2019 at 22:35.
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 15:41   #3932
BHPian

Phew, finally finished reading the whole thread (yes all 263 pages).Took all my free time in last 8 days to do so.
There were a few posts which Wavered my decision about the Endeavour, but the praises, logs and experiences by existing owners/BHPians everywhere around the thread reinstated my faith every time.
A big shout out to all the owners/BHPians who have taken out their precious time and made this thread a Holy Grail of the Ford Endeavour. I wish there was an Index to it, there are so many important and informative posts.

Known Issues, Glitches and Grievances with the Current Gen Endeavour (2016+):
1. Headlight Auto Levelling Issue.
Status: Resolved by Replacing the Leveller Motor for older cars under warranty and making headlight leveller manual for 2017+ Cars.
2. Sticker on the Axle coming off/Dangling and Making clanking noises whilst driving.
Status: Unknown for new cars, can be easily rectified at a Service Centre in 5 minutes.
3. Problematic Sync2 Music System. Crackling Noises, FM Station Holding issues, IPod music player issues.
Status: Upgraded to Sync3 for vehicles Manufactured September 2016 onwards, no option for Sync2 users to upgrade to Sync3 officially due to hardware restrictions (yet).
4. Removal of Headlight washers.
Status: Silently removed for Vehicles manufactured 2017/18 onwards, No one seemed to care about it anyway.
5. Mediocre reviews of MRF Wanderer Stock Tyres.
Solution: Upgrading to Geolander AT/S G015 or Michelin Primacy SUV straight out of the showroom.
6. Accelerator Pedal Vibrating while revving.
Status: Issue unknown for the facelift model, Most of people weren’t that bothered by it. It is an SUV after all.
7. Horn issue, Pad Not working on one side.
Status: Unknown For Facelift Model, can be fixed by adjusting/cleaning or replacing the Pad/Airbag Unit under warranty.
8. Missing Backlit Gear Indicator in AT Variants.
Status: Only Facelift models affected, hope there are no more silent exclusion.
9. Gear Holding Issues in earlier models.
I apologize if I forgot any point, there is only so much I could remember, should have made notes as I was going through the thread.

So here’s my story. I currently own a Sept 2016 Innova Crsyta 2.8ZX (The Lazy Tourer), which has clocked some 54000 Kms since then and has seen a few offbeat Places including Spiti. Even though it is the most reliable Companion I’ve ever owned and always performed adequately, I never got the “Feel of an SUV” Driving it (I owned a Tata Safari Dicor VX Before this). The only Reason I didn’t consider Endeavour back in 2016 is because Ford provided only 2 year standard warranty back then, no extensions.

Now, The Search for "The Perfect SUV" led me to the Endeavour 3.2 Titanium AT after a lot of extensive research (I will retain my Crysta as well).
Quote:
Few of the things which made Endeavour the perfect SUV for me:
1. The Ride Quality on Broken roads is at Par with my older steed (the Safari Dicor 2.2VTT), in fact feels a notch better (Could be due to the silent and tightly put together Cabin)
2. A 3.2L (197BHP and 470NM) BIG Engine. (There Is No Placement for Displacement)
3. Automatic Reliable Gearbox (The Crysta has spoiled me)
4. Rear Differential Lock (This is where the Fortuner Failed)
5. Extended Warranty up to 6 Yrs.
6. Full time 4WD.
7. All the 'Geeky' yet useful gimmicks. Sync3, Smart MID, powered Front Seats, Terrain Management System, Powered Boot, keyless entry and go, Swipe your leg to open the boot (2019+). (Android Auto and pathetic Music System was where Fortuner failed again)
8. Panoramic Sunroof, a separate point for this Bling to show how important it is for me. (And you guessed it right, Fortuner Failed here again)
9. 10 Speaker Music System with Woofer and Centre Speaker. Being a borderline Audiophile (I have DD Audio 5ch. Amp + Woofer, Hertz Comps and Mosconi DSP Audio Setup in my Crysta currently) I wanted a car where I didn’t have to upgrade the audio setup. Ford Music System Might not be audiophile grade, but it has a lot of potential to tweak around and is best amongst the lot.
I have been looking in the Used car market for a Pre-Owned Endeavour (2017 Onwards, still in warranty) since last few days and found out that it is an expensive Rarity.
My Last Resort Would be to bite the bullet and go for a new One. I went to Harpreet Ford recently for a TD of the Facelift and was informed a waiting period of 2-3 months for a White 3.2 Titanium AT.

Now comes the part you all dreaded, The Questions:
1. Any idea on any leads for a good Pre-Worshipped Endeavour would be very helpful.
2. Pointers to check the genuinity and Condition of a pre-owned Endeavour when going for a TD.
3. Will Upsizing to 285/60 R18 tyres lead to fender/cladding rustling? (I guess Turbonator has them)
4. Will the Suspension etc. warranty be void if I go for 285/60 R18 tyres? (Or the more humble 275/60 R18)
5. I was Advised by the sales executive that Shock Absorbers Carry a limited warranty of xxxxx Kms (he wasn’t sure how much). After the stock shocks are out of warranty, Can I upgrade the Shock Absorbers to OME ones without voiding the warranty of any other component? Or will that void my vehicle’s warranty altogether?
P.S. I asked the Sales Executive last 3 questions, but he was clueless.
Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for all the knowledge in this thread.

Last edited by Lego28 : 6th June 2019 at 15:42. Reason: removing text, changing words
Lego28 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 20:53   #3933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
5. Mediocre reviews of MRF Wanderer Stock Tyres.
Solution: Upgrading to Geolander AT/S G015 or Michelin Primacy SUV straight out of the showroom.
6. Accelerator Pedal Vibrating while revving.
Status: Issue unknown for the facelift model, Most of people weren’t that bothered by it. It is an SUV after all.
7. Horn issue, Pad Not working on one side.
Status: Unknown For Facelift Model, can be fixed by adjusting/cleaning or replacing the Pad/Airbag Unit under warranty.
Hi, nice job of summarizing the Endeavour quirks/issues. Let me help by pointing out about these 3 points in facelift as I own one -

5. MRF sucks, go for Geolanders eyes closed. Great grip in wet and dry and super silent + grippy. Dont feel too delicate either.

6. Have not got any undue vibrations on the A-pedal ever till now.

7. Horns works on all sides as intended. Its LOUD and CLEAR. Will update if I face any issue in future.

Good Luck, this is a damn good truck!!
Aniket6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 21:30   #3934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
I went to Harpreet Ford recently for a TD of the Facelift and was informed a waiting period of 2-3 months for a White 3.2 Titanium AT.
If you are interested in a new one, please check with Delhi Ford, Safdarjung. My SA asked me - do you want the car right away or do you want a doscount? I said I want the car and I got it in a week, without any discounts. He kept telling me how many people are in line and they are allocating as and when stock arrives. But, I suspect you can get one quickly if you forego any discounts.

And yes, blindly go for the Endeavour. I did because like you said - no replacement for displacement and this big diesel engine will surely not be available post 2020. So, if you're after a big diesel, this is your chance.

Last edited by rovingeye : 6th June 2019 at 21:32.
rovingeye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 16:02   #3935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
If you are interested in a new one, please check with Delhi Ford, Safdarjung. My SA asked me - do you want the car right away or do you want a doscount? I said I want the car and I got it in a week, without any discounts. He kept telling me how many people are in line and they are allocating as and when stock arrives. But, I suspect you can get one quickly if you forego any discounts.
What kind of discounts, what I have gathered from this thread is that Ford is not giving any discounts on the Endeavour. I am on the verge of booking a 3.2 AT, would like to know what discounts I should enquire about.

Also, a couple of members mentioned replacing the tyres fro MRF to Geolanders, is that an added cost or there is a choice? Haven't heard about companies providing choices for tyres and how big of an issue it actually is, the MRF's?
Old 7th June 2019, 16:36   #3936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
What kind of discounts, what I have gathered from this thread is that Ford is not giving any discounts on the Endeavour. I am on the verge of booking a 3.2 AT, would like to know what discounts I should enquire about.

Also, a couple of members mentioned replacing the tyres fro MRF to Geolanders, is that an added cost or there is a choice? Haven't heard about companies providing choices for tyres and how big of an issue it actually is, the MRF's?
1. Your first question - discounts. Let me explain my buying experience. When I had called Delhi Ford, I was straight away told there's a large waiting period 2-3 months since Ford is not shipping vehicles fast enough and there is a large waiting list of people who have paid booking amount and are waiting for their vehicles to arrive. I was then told, there is a Black Endeavour (black was the color of my choice) that's just been unloaded and the SA can strike off the name of the guy who had booked it and put my name on it so I can get it as soon as I complete payment. The catch was - I will not be getting any discounts. From here on, I tried everything possible, including getting in touch with Ford to squeeze out a discount, but failed. I did get a little consolation discount (40K) on the insurance, which I took form the dealer - but then that you get cheaper outside anyway.

What I understood was that the SA was running after his monthly target and was willing to cut the line of people waiting for their cars to accommodate those buyers who would close the sale fast. According to him, Delhi Ford closed 22 Endeavours In May 2019 all without any discounts.

The SA took me to their unloading area and also showed me the car. I noted the VIN, put it in a Word document and had him stamp and sign it as a receipt for my advance, since I wasn't sure if he would take the advance and allot the car to someone else and put me at the end of the queue.

You could check with Gautam Budh Ford and Harpreet Ford as well to see if you can get a discount.

In the end of the process, I couldn't tell if all the drama that my SA did about the long wait period etc. was drama or real. But, I'm happy I got the car in a week as promised, perhaps a bit sour that I did not get a discount on the MRP.

2. About tires - I have not changed them. The MRF ones are ok for me for now. I have not faced any issues with them at all. But then, I'm the type who would not change anything stock till the warranty is in force, lest Ford turns around and says warranty is void.

Edit : Btw, sales looking up a bit in an otherwise off color market. Maybe all the talk of high demand is true!

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy-sales.jpg

Source.

Last edited by rovingeye : 7th June 2019 at 17:00.
rovingeye is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 18:06   #3937

Hi,

I am being offered a "Limited Edition" Ford Endeavour (2019 new spec) in Titanium spec (similar to 2.2 MT) but with 3.2L engine + Automatic 4x4 gearbox.

I am interested in this car because I don't like 'sunroof' and 'black roof of 3.2L'.

I was not aware if such option was possible? Did anybody else know about it?
Old 9th June 2019, 19:14   #3938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kams7ue View Post
Hi,

I am being offered a "Limited Edition" Ford Endeavour (2019 new spec) in Titanium spec (similar to 2.2 MT) but with 3.2L engine + Automatic 4x4 gearbox.

I am interested in this car because I don't like 'sunroof' and 'black roof of 3.2L'.

Never heard of any Limited Edition.
You may verify the VIN to make sure that its really 2019 edition and dealer is not modifying few parts in some old model to sell it as new.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 21:20   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

There is no such option available. Please call Ford directly to verify. Do have the VIN number in hand when you call them.
Old 9th June 2019, 21:53   #3940

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Never heard of any Limited Edition.
You may verify the VIN to make sure that its really 2019 edition and dealer is not modifying few parts in some old model to sell it as new.
But old and new cars have few things which are different, like push button start etc. which cannot be in older cars, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
There is no such option available. Please call Ford directly to verify. Do have the VIN number in hand when you call them.
They don't have this car in their stock, but it will be ordered from Ford Chennai after booking. So, now what to do. I asked sales person and he said "Sir, it is 2019 model. Exactly like Ford Endeavour 2.2 MT, but with 3.2L engine with 4x4 AT gearbox.
Old 9th June 2019, 22:47   #3941
BHPian

Quote:
But old and new cars have few things which are different, like push button start etc. which cannot be in older cars, right?

They don't have this car in their stock, but it will be ordered from Ford Chennai after booking. So, now what to do. I asked sales person and he said "Sir, it is 2019 model. Exactly like Ford Endeavour 2.2 MT, but with 3.2L engine with 4x4 AT gearbox.
If its available after order, then how come its Limited Edition? Its really confusing, better clarify with Ford directly.
Old 11th June 2019, 13:27   #3942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parameswaran View Post
Does anyone know any good place in Trivandrum where I can powder coat my Brake Caliper? I have a Red Endeavour and want to make calipers fluorescent yellow. There are places where we can spray paint it, but I think it will not stand the heat for long. Thanks in advance.

Check some industrial area close by. Most industrial areas will have powder coating business. Make sure to do some thorough cleaning etc before coating to prevent rusting. If not Trivandrum I am sure Kalamassery industrial estate would have a few.
Old 11th June 2019, 13:43   #3943
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
If its available after order, then how come its Limited Edition? Its really confusing, better clarify with Ford directly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Just spoke to my SA in Delhi. He's not heard of any such "on-order" Limited Edition version. Its highly unlikely word is not out if such an option did in fact exist - especially with the World Cup campaign etc. ongoing.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 11:53   #3944
BHPian

I tried to search the answer to a question I have and although its already being discussed under a different thread already but I wanted to know the state of mind of the folks plonking their hard earned money on a product whose future is uncertain. My question is, would you still invest in Ford Endeavour knowing that Ford might pull the plug on its entire product line? Apologies if the question sound too harsh, I am just curious to know. Thanks!
Old 12th June 2019, 12:06   #3945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
My question is, would you still invest in Ford Endeavour knowing that Ford might pull the plug on its entire product line? Apologies if the question sound too harsh, I am just curious to know. Thanks!
Let me take a stab at this. I asked myself a different question - "Will I be okay to live with not having the Endeavour if Ford does abandon India?". After test driving everything else available out there (just did not try the Fortuner though), it did not make sense to buy anything else other than the mighty Endeavour. I also put my money on the Endeavour because deep down, I know that the 3.2 L engine is going to go away come April 2020 and I was adamant on owning a car with a big heart, hence that played into my decision making as well.

As far as your question is concerned, even if Ford goes away, Mahindra won't. So, your cars will continue to get serviced.

Don't worry, just do it!
rovingeye is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks