Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:34   #4681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Even in first case of uphill, I believe that steering should be turned towards the curb.
No, that won't help if the vehicle rolls. Please see this video for better understanding:

cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 13:20   #4682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
No, that won't help if the vehicle rolls.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=IPImlSRL9CY
I beg to differ here.

This is fine for road side curb which is uniform straight line and car wheels will surely hit first. Imagine You are parking on a hilly road, you will not have curb like this and most important the curb equivalent part of hill may be slightly far and you are more likely to roll down & towards the valley and wheels may miss the curb equivalent or it may just brush but still continue to steer the car towards the center of road and on to the other side (Valley).
I would rather turn towards the curb and incase of roll down the car rear for sure will hit the curb equivalent hill and ensure it no way goes towards the valley.

Last edited by Wanderers : 3rd August 2022 at 13:21.
Old 3rd August 2022, 14:34   #4683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
This is fine for road side curb which is uniform straight line and car wheels will surely hit first
The section in your owners' manual assumes that you are parking at a physical curb, and it explicitly says so. If there is no physical curb, then you have to take a call, depending on the situation. The underlying idea should be to have the car take the path of least damage/loss, should there be a roll.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 22:34   #4684
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a close friend is very keen on getting a pre-owned Endeavour 3.2 home. Have there been any recent instances of flex-plate failures or any other transmission issues, reported here? Were these sorted in later (2018+) models?

Also, how has the Ford ASC service experience been here in Bangalore, of late?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th August 2022, 08:57   #4685
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, a close friend is very keen on getting a pre-owned Endeavour 3.2 home. Have there been any recent instances of flex-plate failures or any other transmission issues, reported here? Were these sorted in later (2018+) models?

Thanks in advance.
I have 2016 model. No problems, touch wood, till date.

Still drives beautifully.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 11:58   #4686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
I have 2016 model. No problems, touch wood, till date.

Still drives beautifully.
Same here, 2016 3.2L model, no problems (touch wood).
Bangalore ASC seems fine so far. only Elite motors closed service but there are at least 2 or 3 other ASCs in Bangalore and my understanding is that they have signed up with Ford for 7 year service contract and has incentives at the end of every year. so at least next 6 to 7 years it won't be a problem to get services.
sknair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 21:25   #4687

Hey everyone, I did not want to create a new thread for this issue and bumping up this thread, my problem are certain “security” staff at parkings who are bent on opening the power tailgate themselves and interrupting it while it is opening or closing since they lack the thought process to understand that the tailgate is in the process of opening or closing itself automatically.

It has happened twice now in the past year. The second one got an earful from me a couple days back.

I can see the following mentioned in the owner’s manual - “Do not apply sudden excessive force to the liftgate while it is in motion. This could damage the
power liftgate and its components.”

It is working fine as of now but not sure how much more of this it can take. Any of you with such experience or this behaviour causing a fault?
PunchsucKr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 22:39   #4688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchsucKr View Post
It is working fine as of now but not sure how much more of this it can take. Any of you with such experience or this behaviour causing a fault?
There must be a button or setting to turn off the power tailgate, atleast there is in Fortuner, you can turn power tailgate off whenever or wherever security personnel will open/close it and toggle it back on when you leave the premise.

Forcing power tailgate manually can damage the motor, but a couple of incidents here or there will not damage it. This is what I was told by Toyota technician.
Stolidus500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 22:46   #4689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
There must be a button or setting to turn off the power tailgate, atleast there is in Fortuner, you can turn power tailgate off whenever or wherever security personnel will open/close it and toggle it back on when you leave the premise.

Forcing power tailgate manually can damage the motor, but a couple of incidents here or there will not damage it. This is what I was told by Toyota technician.
Thanks man! I think i did see the setting buried in somewhere, but definitely not a button. I guess if it’s working then it should be fine. It’s also especially painful to see in the rear view.
Old 16th August 2022, 11:39   #4690
BHPian

All, Anyone here used/installed roof mount storage on your Endeavour? I have no experience with any roof racks. I am considering getting one. (Thule ? )
I apologise, I am still doing reading on this so if there are other threads I will look for it. Sorry if I am jumping the gun. I have basic questions like
1. can it be installed and removed when we want, or is it some permanent fixture that need to be always on ?
2. Do we need any special RTO permission for installing this?
3. Any other 'catch' I need to be aware?
4. Any suggest place to buy/install in Bangalore/Coimbatore/nearby?

I do not wish to do any drilling or glueing on the roof at all. I am thinking this is some kind of clip-on thing that installs to the roof rails. I could be totally dumb here. Thanks in advance!

cheers

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
My 2016, 3.2 is doing so far so good. Experience in Cauvery, Bangalore and SuryaBala Coimbatore had been very good so far. Not faced any issue in terms of support. After each support booking, Ford India calls and check on the experience too. They seem to be taking the support seriously so far.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th August 2022 at 18:41. Reason: Please edit or multi quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Ranger747 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 16:57   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
All, Anyone here used/installed roof mount storage on your Endeavour? I have no experience with any roof racks. I am considering getting one. (Thule ? )
I apologise, I am still doing reading on this so if there are other threads I will look for it. Sorry if I am jumping the gun. I have basic questions like
1. can it be installed and removed when we want, or is it some permanent fixture that need to be always on ?
2. Do we need any special RTO permission for installing this?
3. Any other 'catch' I need to be aware?
4. Any suggest place to buy/install in Bangalore/Coimbatore/nearby?

I do not wish to do any drilling or glueing on the roof at all. I am thinking this is some kind of clip-on thing that installs to the roof rails. I could be totally dumb here. Thanks in advance!

cheers

I have installed Farad, which is similar to Thule but slightly cheaper. Ordered online from Amazon and got good support from the dealer based in Mumbai.

1. The roof bars and the cargo box can be installed and removed as required. Although I keep the roof bars on.

No drilling and gluing etc is required, this will come with an appropriate kit to install on the roof rails.

I did the installation on my own, its fairly simple.

2. No clue on the RTO part. But have not been stopped till not, Have done multiple trips between KA, TN, TS, AP.

3. Catch. Do note that this changes the CG of the vehicle, characteristics especially at high speed will be different although not a big bother. Cant put too much weight on top..

Do note that the weight bearing capacity in Endeavor is 100 KG ( Without Sun roof) and 70 KG ( with sun roof).

you'll need to add the weight of the roof bards and cargo box in this budget.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20210730_164516.jpg  

anshuman77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 18:35   #4692
BHPian

Thank you anshuman77, Its looking good. I don't need to load too much on this. It is only when you have all 7 seats up and still need to carry some cloths and lights weight items. So 20-30kg should be plenty of space. I did some more reading on other threads and so far, no one seems to have had issues with police about this.

I will check with vendor in BLR and see how to go about it. There seems to be only one name that pops about this everywhere. Methods automotive. I will check with them.
Old 17th August 2022, 06:45   #4693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
I will check with vendor in BLR and see how to go about it. There seems to be only one name that pops about this everywhere. Methods automotive. I will check with them.
I think Methods sells only Thule which is now astronomical in price for various reasons. Check out Farad India on the Net. Much more reasonable and highly regarded in the EU.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 15:00   #4694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
I have installed Farad,
Do note that the weight bearing capacity in Endeavor is 100 KG ( Without Sun roof) and 70 KG ( with sun roof).
/////
Q2) What is the load carrying capacity?
A2) The Endeavour can carry 100 kg on the roof (without sunroof) and 80 kgs (with sunroof).
/////

Above is from my article on the 4WD Endeavour, details for which are mainly obtained from Australia forums and Ford Australia.

Read here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-t...ml#post5268432 (Understanding 4x4 and Modern 4WD driving aids)

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 17th August 2022 at 15:01.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 16:50   #4695
BHPian

@ ruzbehxyz, I have read your post. it is very detailed and amazingly well composed. A great resource for 4x4 noobs like me! Thank you! I will have to treat it as text-book and keep going back to it from time to time. lot of details!
Ranger747 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks