Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 05:28   #4771
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Earlier today Yokohama informed me that 275 / 60 R 18 is out of stock but I am sure I shall find it in some store.
I shared a couple of contacts through PM.
P.S:- I am not affiliated with either of those businesses
jfk1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 11:41   #4772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk1975 View Post
I shared a couple of contacts through PM.
P.S:- I am not affiliated with either of those businesses
Yes recd....and very kind of you.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 27th June 2023, 00:13   #4773
BHPian

Strange issue with my Ford End 3.2. While turning it feels that the steering gear is slipping! Any one else experienced this? Harpreet Ford (Still active service dealer) suggested that i should change the entire steering rack. Suggestions will be welcome!
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:05   #4774

The steering rack issue is a known issue with Ford. I got mine changed under anytime warranty. It's a very expensive part and I would advise you to get Ford's anytime warranty and get it replaced under warranty.
Old 9th July 2023, 23:18   #4775

Guys, I had an unusual official work where I was asked by a bank to provide the forced sale value of a vehicle, the car being Ford Endeavour 2.2 Trend 4x2 manufactured in 2016, Odo showed 3.55 Lakh Kms. Since nobody in our firm was experienced enough, they sent me to do it (also, I'm a proud owner of Fiesta 1.6S since 13 years so I know the Ford ASC tactics too well).

The car's original owner is a loan defaulter and he abused the car horribly before selling it off to his relative without informing about the loan or getting the RC transferred. The second owner innocently brought the car to Ford Service Center for getting it repaired. Service Center manager told him/me that the car is worth scrap because of following issues diagnosed by them:

1. Warped chassis (because front wheel is permanently misaligned due to a warped chassis).
2. Turbo assembly needs to be replaced.
3. Engine won't start, multiple warnings, need to change the turbo first before diagnosing other issues.
4. Tyres, disc rotors, disc pads, drum brake pads etc. need to be replaced.
5. Everything which is a part of suspension needs to be replaced.
6. Multiple cosmetic damages which need to be replaced part by part.

As per the Service Center, the estimated repair expenses would be north of 7 lakhs! Even though I am experienced in vehicles, I can't gauge the condition within 30 minutes by standing near the car. I don't know whether those issues were really present or Ford ASC (as usual) is exaggerating/inflating the repair estimate.

Kindly provide your helpful tips for the following queries:
A. Is it safe to say that this car is worth 3 lakhs only in its current condition?
B. Is it possible to reduce the repairs estimate by getting the parts changed in local market & circumventing the chassis issue by using shims for proper alignment?

Any and all opinions are welcome, thanks in advance.

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th July 2023 at 23:46. Reason: Proofread before posting.
Old 2nd August 2023, 01:57   #4776
BHPian

Just wanted to update the group about the value of the Endeavour we have. Last year I sold my Endeavour and relocated to US. After moving to US, I found that Endeavour has pampered me a lot, I could not able to get a good 7 seater with all the features I was enjoying with my Endeavour. (Drivability, Capability and features). I had a budget limit of 1 Lakh USD. Below are my requirements
  1. A proper 7 or 6 seater
  2. Good bootspace after the 3rd row is up
  3. All wheel drive (preferably 4 wheel drive with a lock differential)

Below are the cars that I test drove and the pros and cons

Highlander
Pros
Good resale value, Reliability.
Cons
NVH levels are horrible, the engine is tuned for mileage so pickup is really bad. (Especially on up-hills ). Especially the place where I live (Seattle ), it's a hilly terrain, so overtaking in uphills is an uphill task
Traverse
Pros
Feature Rich (Includes camera based rear view mirror ), getting in and out are easy, good boot space. You have the option to switch off AWD
Cons
The handling in corners are tricky, the engine is not tuned for performance.
Enclave
Pros
The best noise insulation, the best ride among all as well. The best space allocation design.
Cons
The look of the car was not that great (for us ) and the availability was a question mark. (Especially on top trim ). The engine is same as what was there in Traverse.
Ascent
Pros
Feature rich (It has autonomous driving for express ways ), nice interiors, good space optimized design
Cons
The boot space is nil with all three rows.
Grand Cherokee
Pros
The look of the car is great.
Cons
The interiors have a dull feeling The lower trims are not that great (I was looking for a decent music system and the system in lower trims sound like literally substandard ) with lack of features and the ava
ilability of top trims are very limited
Explorer ST (ecoboost)
Pros
Feature rich, handles very well, the engine acceleration graph is a very straight line (Even with a turbo ), gives you a kind of a feeling of a natural aspirated engine. (With the performance of a turbo)
Cons
The design (both front and rear ) is outdated. Had been using Fords for a decade , so wanted to try out something different
XC90
Pros
ticks all the boxes, the 2.0 liter engine gives a good linear power delivery. I was amazed.
Cons
the head unit is very laggy and buggy. (Sometimes it doesn't respond at all ). the third-row seat is very small on both head and leg room. The second-row seats are low on thigh support. Lastly the non-reliability stories (Both T6 and T8 engines ) from the internet made me to stay away from it.
Atlas
Pros
Spacious first and second rows and VFM
Cons
Lack of features and looks are also dated.
Durango (HEMI V8)
Pros
Peppy engine, ride is good. RT and above packed with features (AWD L was only available in this )
Cons
gas guzzler, some bugs in software.

At the end I picked up Durango. (Thought this is a dying species -- read it as a big V8 engine --, so thought of picking it. )
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 19:26   #4777
YCJ
BHPian

https://twitter.com/TheANI_Official/...TN0WfvBAQ&s=19
[ATTACH]

More details in the link.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20230804192801.jpg  

Last edited by YCJ : 4th August 2023 at 19:30.
YCJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 17:16   #4778

ford endeavor 3.2 review

Hi all, recently picked up a 2017 3.2 litre Ford Endeavor run 36k, just hit the 40k mark on the odometer, and have given it to the Ford service center as the car would not self start and required a jump start. The service center confirms that both the battery and starter are in good condition, and are not able to assess the problem, they have currently raised a complaint to the Ford HQ is what the service head says, and have removed the seats and floor mats as they suspect it might be an electrical problem. Please do let me know if anyone has an idea about what the problem would be or have a similar problem. Thank you!

Mod note: Please proofread your message before posting the next time, please.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2023 at 17:32.
Old 5th August 2023, 21:19   #4779
BHPian

Re: ford endeavor 3.2 review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero0001 View Post
Hi all, recently picked up a 2017 3.2 litre Ford Endeavor run 36k, just hit the 40k mark on the odometer, and have given it to the Ford service center [/b]
Change the battery. This is common problem in Ford Endeavour. The battery dies suddenly and their meter cannot capture the same even few minutes before. Some seasoned technicians know this well. Buy new battery, prefer Amaron.
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 11:36   #4780
BHPian

Re: ford endeavor 3.2 review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero0001 View Post
The service center confirms that both the battery and starter are in good condition, and are not able to assess the problem
The battery diagnostic tests can be a bit flaky. If you are still on the original battery, which I suspect you are on, replace the battery. The Ford-recommended OEM battery replacement is a pretty solid choice. I got mine replaced at PPS Ford last year. Mine is 2016 MY 3.2.
jfk1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 20:20   #4781
BHPian

Help Please

I have a 2020 Endeavour with 2.0 litre engine. Just clocked about 15 K on Odo.

Off late, I have been greeted with DPF warning. While, I did get that regenerated at the workshop without going with the option of driving at speed for a length of time at specific rpm etc.. Would be of help if anyone can answer my queries.

1. Does DPF serve for the lifetime (service life of DPF)

2. What would be the affect of frequent DPF warning light and following regeneration on overall service life of the DPF.

3. How much of these conditions causing DPF warning signal actually affect the life of the engine.

4. What's the best way to avoid considering jammed city traffic.
Old 16th August 2023, 20:30   #4782

Hi everyone.

I own a 2020 Endeavour 2.0L sports model. (The one where they decrhromed stuff and charged extra) I am going to complete 3 years in this october and I am faced with a choice now.

The Service center guys suggested that I get the extended warranty before my warranty runs out. Now I am not sure if it's an extended warranty from the company or via 3rd party because that would greatly effect how future warranty related issues are tackled.

Also, my battery is done for, I had to jump start it a couple of days ago and now I have 2 choices for the battery.

The company battery is for 13100/- and it has 1 year and 20,000 km warranty on it. Should I stick to that or can I go for amaron/exide battery from outside.

Also, I am unable to find the battery type without removing it and I was hoping that you guys might be able to help.

Thanks ^_^
Old 16th August 2023, 22:01   #4783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincho8353 View Post
Hi everyone.

The Service center guys suggested that I get the extended warranty before my warranty runs out. Now I am not sure if it's an extended warranty from the company or via 3rd party because that would greatly effect how future warranty related issues are tackled.

Also, my battery is done

Thanks ^_^
Ford offers extended warranty but I am told there are external parties as well just like we have in white goods like Mobile, AC, Fridge. Ford extended warranty price was available on website, please check and anyway insist for the same.

The newer models have 85 Amp battery while the 2016-2018 models have 65 Amp battery. Amron has both. I bought Amron 65 Amp, no reset or coding required, simple swap. Manual clearly mentions steps. 85 Amp cost close to Rs 6500 with 2.5/3 years replacement warranty, rest pro-rata till 5/6 years. Size is exact fit but there are two sizes in Amron so you need to visit shop or the battery guy is well informed and they provide the one which fits, you can choose brand and Amp as they may not know 65 or 85.
Old 17th August 2023, 00:46   #4784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Ford extended warranty price was available on website, please check and anyway insist for the same.

The newer models have 85 Amp battery while the 2016-2018 models have 65 Amp battery. Amron has both. I bought Amron 65 Amp, no reset or coding required, simple swap. Manual clearly mentions steps. 85 Amp cost close to Rs 6500 with 2.5/3 years replacement warranty, rest pro-rata till 5/6 years. Size is exact fit but there are two sizes in Amron so you need to visit shop or the battery guy is well informed and they provide the one which fits, you can choose brand and Amp as they may not know 65 or 85.
Thanks a ton, the price quoted by the Service centre guy is the same as the website. There is no issue with that, it's just that slight fear that if I spend 50-60k for 2 year extended warranty and still face the same challenges.

Also, the battery suggestion is a big help, I'll get it replaced tomorrow itself with an 85 Amp battery, as it's the last car in the parking it's blocking the other cars. Will definitely go for Aamaron as it was my preferred choice, I was just confused.

On a different note, I went onto the Amaron website and filled in the details, the battery it suggested to me was 74 Amp, I am sure that's like the 75 Amp version, should I consider what the website recommends?

Last edited by graaja : 17th August 2023 at 06:40. Reason: Fixing quoted text, minor typos and grammar
Vincho8353 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th August 2023, 13:15   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
it's just that slight fear that if I spend 50-60k for 2 year extended warranty and still face the same challenges.
How much have you driven so far? If the mileage is low and mostly you driving it, you can decide against it but highly recommended, even if you plan to sell in 1-2 years.

Quote:

On a different note, I went onto the Amaron website and filled in the details, the battery it suggested to me was 74 Amp, I am sure that's like the 75 Amp version, should I consider what the website recommends?
I just checked Amaron website, size-wise it looks fine. Amperage is not clearly spelt by Ford but I believe Amaron, when they say 74 Amp. 65 Amp is working fine for me, so should not be a problem for you.
However just check with Amaron dealer if they have 85 Amp in same size as I do remember the dealer saying the same.
Higher Amp would not hurt except that a std 80/85 Amp battery has slightly bigger length and do not fit in given space/cover in Endeavour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks