Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:03   #4636
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

One of my good friend has upgraded to 285's in his 3.2 and I simply will not recommend it after driving in one. The steering feel / ride (hallmark of Endeavour) is all lost and it all looks just good and nothing beyond it. Have not driven a 275 section one so can not comment, but in my opinion 265 is adequate for all needs and ideally one should stick to it, unless you want all show or have some specific needs.
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 12:13   #4637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One of my good friend has upgraded to 285's in his 3.2 and I simply will not recommend it after driving in one. The steering feel / ride (hallmark of Endeavour) is all lost and it all looks just good and nothing beyond it. Have not driven a 275 section one so can not comment, but in my opinion 265 is adequate for all needs and ideally one should stick to it, unless you want all show or have some specific needs.
I have 285/65r18 and I can say you're right :(

On the plus side its Michelin Primacy SUV so while the ride is bouncy, the grip and road presence is unmatched.

Keep the pressure at 32 psi and a lot of the ride quality is compensated for.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 11:33   #4638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I would disagree. Being the owner of an endeavour for the past 6 years and having 285's on them the past 2, I think it doesn't change a thing. The truck feels more planted and in fact feels like it accelerates quicker. Offroad it's certainly even better than the stock tires. The only drawback is the fuel economy which slips a little, but not by a noticeably large margin. Perhaps the kind of tire you were driving may have left you a little dissapointed. Also, this is an electronic steering and not a hydraulic one which means there is anyway very little feedback from the car, as in larger width usually equates to a tighter steering. But not in this case. Perhaps I'm biased but I still would push others to upsize, perhaps not to 285 since it's not per spec, but at the very least to 275.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 23:49   #4639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
That is the correct assessment as far as I can understand the issue as well since the car was driving perfectly before that and it had been going through a equal mix of highway and city driving.

I have been promised the delivery of my car by tomorrow or day after at most. If I am able to get hold of the invoice stating the replacement parts will try posting it on the thread for better clarity.
Sorry that I could not update the thread earlier but I received the car on 30th March after sending it for repairs on 8th of March. We paid around Rs 1000 for some nuts etc. during delivery and rest all the repairs were covered under warranty. Since it was an outstation pickup could not gather much details regarding the exact part replacements nor was our driver provided with any invoice for the same which was unexpected and unprofessional but we didn't insist since we wanted the delivery asap.

Overall it took almost 3 weeks for the car to be delivered including Holi holidays. Car is running fine now but there is a sense of uneasiness which might take some to settle down. Highway duties have been shifted to other cars for the time being.
beanstalk_230 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 09:44   #4640

Ford Endeavour: Recommendation for a Service Center

Dear friends.
I live in Bangalore and keep traveling to Chennai. I recently bought a pre worshiped 2016, Ford Endeavour 3.2. I feel the noise levels & vibrations (especially at lower levels are way too high) and took the car to a ASC in Chennai (Chennai Ford) and to another ASC in Bangalore (PPS Ford). Both of them did a test drive (with really high revs while driving and said there is nothing wrong with the car and these levels of noise and vibration are common in the 3.2. I am still not convinced. I am also noticing a kicking when in lower speeds which I did not notice before.

Can you please recommend any good service centers/ mechanics for a Ford Endy 3.2 in Bangalore or in Chennai please.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th April 2022, 10:01   #4641
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour: Recommendation for a Service Center

Dhruvan Ford in Chennai on the Pallavaram Thoraipakkam link road (Sunnambu Kolathur). Ask for Jagadeesh there.

Get the vehicle scanned and updates (especially PCM / TMC) done, also check the transmission oil to see if it needs to be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthi.dorai View Post
Dear friends.
Can you please recommend any good service centers/ mechanics for a Ford Endy 3.2 in Bangalore or in Chennai please.

Thanks in advance.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 11:21   #4642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
I received the car on 30th March after sending it for repairs on 8th of March...

...nor was our driver provided with any invoice for the same
Glad to know that you got the car back. It is quite surprising that no invoice was provided. I think you should insist on the same, just in case (God forbid) the issue resurfaces. It would serve as a proof of the work carried out by the service station.

All the best and wishing you a trouble-free ownership going forward.
Old 17th April 2022, 22:51   #4643

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I took the car to a ASC at Salem and they updated the PCM and TCM. They however said transmission oil cannot be replaced unless there is a major leakage or something.
But I see a remarkable difference after the update of TCM, PCM. The gear shifts are snappier and I am enjoying this new feel of the car. The car seems more sorted now. Noise and vibration at higher speeds still seems like something I need to check.

Thanks much for your suggestions.
Old 18th April 2022, 07:24   #4644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthi.dorai View Post
Noise and vibration at higher speeds still seems like something I need to check.

Thanks much for your suggestions.
Get your tire alignment and balancing checked at a place with Hunter equipment. Google will give you where the nearest is.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 08:23   #4645
BHPian

I see a lot of posts about door panel rust. I’ve got a similar issue on my 5yr old car (out of warranty). Anyone got any experience getting this issue resolved through Ford when warranty has expired?
Old 18th April 2022, 08:57   #4646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shireeshjacobs View Post
I see a lot of posts about door panel rust. I’ve got a similar issue on my 5yr old car (out of warranty). Anyone got any experience getting this issue resolved through Ford when warranty has expired?
Ford will probably try to get you to replace the entire door panel. Try going to a good body and detailing shop and check with them on how to arrest rust issues.
Old 21st April 2022, 12:59   #4647
BHPian

Hello bhpians, can someone please recommend an OBD2 scanner that is compatible with the Ford endeavour.
Old 24th April 2022, 23:51   #4648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
There are quite a few reported cases on the torque converter issue, especially in the 2016-17 models.

Read this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...not-india.html (Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!)
Has this issue been fixed in the 2019 facelift? I am in the process of picking up a used 2019 mfg 2020 registered endeavour 3.2.
Old 25th April 2022, 21:30   #4649
Senior - BHPian

I tried to reach ford today to check extended warranty for the endeavour I mentioned in my last post. The car was manufactured in mid 2019 and registered on jan 2020. I assumed the car was just 2 years old. However, the Ford dealer said I could only purchase extended warranty for 3 more years since apparently the car was 3 years old and the warranty starts from manufacturing date. Could this have been a test drive car? There is only 38k on the odo. The Vahaan app also shows car age as just 2 years.

Does ford calculate warranty starting from date of manufacture or date of sale? Am I being scammed here? The car has been unused for a couple of months since the owner has been away. The insurance is also expired. I'm guessing its not a flood damaged or repaired vehicle since Ford is willing to extend the warranty. However, Ford isn't letting me view the service history without showing up in person with the car and RC book. The car is 100+kms away so I don't really want to go through the hassle of driving all the way there and back if its not going to work out. The owner seems to be an older NRI who isn't very technologically adept and hasn't been much help other than sending me the RC copy and more pictures of the car. To make matters worse, the car is apparently parked at his friend's place.

Last edited by Cresterk : 25th April 2022 at 21:32.
Old 26th April 2022, 07:16   #4650
BHPian

It's a known issue, I had mine fail and they replaced an electronic control module at a cost of about Rs 1.7 lacs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks