Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:29   #3136
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Ouch! That's quite unfortunate. Where did this happen? (city, parking type) I had heard this sort of thing only about cities like London.
In Whitefield, Bangalore, on a busy street around afternoon 2:45 pm ! My wife kept her large hand bag in the front passenger seat for just 10 mins. Left to pick up kids. The thief mistook it for a laptop bag. So what I understand is that this laptop bag stealing is a regular issue in Whitefield now. With so many IT folks in Whitefield, the thief must be laughing all the way to the bank. Several laptop bags stolen in the last one month. Police really tried their best to not file an FIR. Just registered a complaint and the ASI said if the insurance agent does not accept this, then give me a call, "I will straighten him up"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Reminds me of something which happened (due to my carelessness) to me a couple of months after I bought the Endy - mid 2016, due to my carelessness.
Sorry but this story just cracked me up. You described it very well. Thanks for sharing.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:00   #3137
BHPian

Quote:

Now every time I open the boot, the key automatically goes into my pocket.
Our Palio also couldn't be locked without the key, so never faced any issue for more than 10+ years, until one day Mom made the same mistake as you did.
I, personally, have the habit of opening the car first and then opening the boot via the lever, or if opening the boot with the key, then I let the key stay in the keyhole. But Mom placed it on the speaker tray instead and then closed shut the boot door.
Even our duplicate key was 300kms away at that moment, but my known mechanic was able to open the door by pushing in a steel wire through the beading and open the door from the inside. Only the metal where the wire touched the door frame needed some touchup.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:19   #3138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reminds me of something which happened (due to my carelessness) to me a couple of months after I bought the Endy - mid 2016, due to my carelessness. I was loading the car preparing to drive back to Coimbatore from Bangalore. Both my hands full of luggage. I opened the boot door with the key fob. Rest of the doors remained locked. I put the luggage in and while arranging the luggage in the boot, I kept the key in the side of the boot.
Once I was satisfied that the luggage was safely secured, I shut the boot door with the button on the boot lid! Keys were inside! It was 5 am! All doors securely locked. There was no way I could open the doors. Spare key was at home in Coimbatore.
I am surprised that Endy doesn't have the feature of it's sibling EcoSport. EcoSport will not allow you to lock the doors with the keyfob inside the car, I have at multiple instances have left the key inside the car and tried to lock it using the request sensor on the handle, the car will not lock until you remove the key from the car.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:22   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Oh really glad to know that you are fine after a very unfortunate accident.
My Endy was broken into to steal a handbag left on the front passenger seat.
Thanks, I didn't expected Endy to be that stable even after such hard braking. The car held its line well but the only thing was the other car came out suddenly and the time to react was in fraction of seconds. I applied brakes but before coming to halt the damage was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would call it a good day. There are multiple instances of the airbags not inflating on Fortuners and much bigger impacts and at higher speeds and the fact that the 3 airbags which were supposed to inflate, did, is reassuring.

What is the status of the work now?
Yes it was a good day, accidents can happen anywhere anytime. I managed to hold myself and since I was belted didn't even touched the Airbags but it was quite assuring that these things works as expected.

Regarding the over inflated estimates, what will be the impact of such bills, maybe the next year insurance amount will increase. The estimates given are based on the advisor experience will definitely change once the full inspection is done. I will try to get the copy of the same before they start work. Not sure what is the process as this is the first time I will be taking any insurance claim.

Work will be started once the insurance guy visit the Ford showroom. I will try to be present at that time. As of now I have handed over all required documents to Ford and the Insurance file has been opened. I have received the motor claim registration number from ICICI Lombard via SMS on mobile.

Quote:
Roby_dk, I share your pain my friend. Really glad that you are safe and so are the people in the Zen.
Thanks. Regarding the number plate removal part I don't think it will be of much help as once we take claim everything will be tracked in system. But anyways no harm in following this routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Good day sir, very good day.
Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by roby_dk : 2nd July 2018 at 20:25.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:48   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Our Palio also couldn't be locked without the key, so never faced any issue for more than 10+ years, until one day Mom made the same mistake as you did.
I, personally, have the habit of opening the car first and then opening the boot via the lever, or if opening the boot with the key, then I let the key stay in the keyhole. But Mom placed it on the speaker tray instead and then closed shut the boot door.
Even our duplicate key was 300kms away at that moment, but my known mechanic was able to open the door by pushing in a steel wire through the beading and open the door from the inside. Only the metal where the wire touched the door frame needed some touchup.
True, it could be done with older generation cars. I couldn't budge the beading in the Endy and it was a half hearted attempt since I didn't want to scratch the car. Besides, it has feather touch buttons inside for lock/unlock. Had no idea how the locking system actually worked. Am sure experts here have a work around. On a lighter note, experts, don't enlighten us on the work around. Don't want to be another victim like Czarcasm. You don't know what kind of twisted minds are going through this thread right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I am surprised that Endy doesn't have the feature of it's sibling EcoSport. EcoSport will not allow you to lock the doors with the keyfob inside the car, I have at multiple instances have left the key inside the car and tried to lock it using the request sensor on the handle, the car will not lock until you remove the key from the car.
Unfortunately, the Endy does not have a keyless entry or a keyless start/stop system. Cars which have this system fitted have request sensors on the drivers door and may be on the other front door too. An additional sensor is fitted in the cabin near the windshield to detect the presence of a key inside the car for the push start button. This, like you said, is almost a fool proof system.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd July 2018 at 23:16. Reason: Deleted the earlier post. Thanks.
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:50   #3141
BHPian

Finally bought the 3.2 Titanium on 29th June from Metro Ford, Bangalore.

The hunt for the new car started in March with the test drive of Endeavour 3.2. Due to cost/mileage/size concerns, started looking for other cars. Test drove Crysta AT, Tucson, Plush XUV, Jeep Compass, Fortuner and nothing came close to Endeavour.

Finally, took the plunge and bought Endevour 3.2 Titanium.

Already took it on highway drive and I must say it drives like a dream. The ride quality is top notch and active noise cancellation feature is awesome.

Though it is huge, I observed that due to all the gizmos (sensors all around) and delightful steering, it doesn't feel cumbersome to drive in peak citytraffic and overall very happy with the purchase!

Attached some pictures of the beast!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy_front.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy_rear.jpg  

Acelerar is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 20:36   #3142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Finally, took the plunge and bought Endevour 3.2 Titanium.!
Congratulations on the purchase...!!!

When it comes to luxury and ride quality the competition indeed doesn't come close to the Endy.

In fact, if you change the tires to a better brand, you'll experience it even better, the stock tires are pretty bad.

What is the price break-up and what discounts did you get?
Will wait for your ownership thread now.

Happy Motoring...!!!

Last edited by n.devdath : 3rd July 2018 at 20:38.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 03:11   #3143

Great to know you're safe and so is other party.
Am not saying the method that am about to share is perfect, but it just works for me till now.

Given the attitude (driving wrong side to save another 50 ft for a proper u-turn) people have while driving, I always half-expect someone to jump in or drive in suddenly in front of the car whenever possible (also blind spots, intersections, parked vehicles, etc) , thereby initiating a readiness for reaction. I don't know any other way that we can drive. Following rules is important, but driving proactively to avoid becoming someone else's mistake and also accounting for it is more important. Its basically a very big and continuous obstacle course every time you drive, with some of the obstacles hell-bent with intent to hit you or come in your way.

It has helped me few times, specially when am passing a truck/bus which is in second lane and half expect it to change lanes even after sufficient signals and honking. I know its kind of hit-and-miss situation, but it pays off when it hits.

Considering the size of our cars, it becomes very important to keep monitoring all mirrors every second if passing through a crowded locality, or loads of pedestrians, or kids playing on road. Its a bit easier in such situations if you're driving a sedan.

Talking about proactive-ness, reminds me of the accident that happened to my Endy last December, when my car was 4rd in line to brake immediately when the first one did (don't know what reason the first car suddenly stopped, the guy ran off, but the distance between me and car in front of me was about a feet) , and a swift dzire taxi behind me rammed full speed in the rear. The damage we took was in terms of rear fog lamp's red glass breaking (bulb intact and functional ) and few scratches on the silver bumper. The Dzire wasn't in good shape though, with its headlamps, hood and radiator bashed in. I could've avoided it by keeping more distance from the front car ( guess now I do, half-expecting anyone to jam the brakes), but yeah it happened.

The showroom quoted some 55k to the insurance company for full rear bumper change and I had to pay some 2k for processing fees and something. Time taken was roughly 4-5 working days.
dragunov11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 08:42   #3144

Quote:
!
Hearty Congratulations.

If It is OK, could you please share your contact - I am trying to finalize on n a endeavour 3.2 too. ‘Would need some details on final on road price that you paid and some feedback on the dealership and your buying process with them. Many Thanks.
VeeEight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 09:38   #3145
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Acelerar! Welcome to the club. I think you have picked the best shade the Endy comes in.
Wishing you a great ownership experience and miles of happy motoring. Cheers!
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 10:02   #3146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Congratulations on the purchase...!!!

When it comes to luxury and ride quality the competition indeed doesn't come close to the Endy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeEight View Post
Hearty Congratulations.

If It is OK, could you please share your contact - I am trying to finalize ...... Many Thanks.
Quote:
Congratulations Acelerar! Welcome to the club. I think you have picked the best shade....
Thanks folks ! This was one of the last remaining 2017 model and hence got a good discount on the ex show room price. The car is under company lease and hence road tax and insurance was taken care by the Company. This is also one of the reason why I didn't go for tyre change.

@ VeeEight - PM me, seems like your setting does not allow PM.

Last edited by Acelerar : 4th July 2018 at 10:03.
Old 4th July 2018, 13:55   #3147
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Acelerar

Welcome to the Ford Endeavour club. I would suggest to go for PPF or some kind of paint protection specially on this colour as this might become dull if not maintained properly. Otherwise this is one of the best shade on this beast.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 15:58   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Congratulations Acelerar

Welcome to the Ford Endeavour club. I would suggest to go for PPF or some kind of paint protection specially on this colour as this might become dull if not maintained properly. Otherwise this is one of the best shade on this beast.
Thanks a lot roby_dk
Regarding PPF, I was thinking the same. Did you get one done? Do you have any recommendation and the cost involved?
Old 4th July 2018, 16:42   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot roby_dk
Regarding PPF, I was thinking the same. Did you get one done? Do you have any recommendation and the cost involved?

No I didn't get that done on my car as fellow members reported pale effect on lighter shades. Since mine was pearl white so even 3M guys told upfront the same thing and told it is best suited for darker shades.

PPF from 3M will be the best option and it will be somewhere near 1L(can be brought down after bargain) for full car but the best thing is you need not to worry about minor dings, scratches, bird droppings etc. as this will act as a shield between the external entities and paint. It is a costly affair but I must say it is worth spending.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 20:24   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot roby_dk
I have done for my car (Not fully but in parts). But now I am thinking that I should have done for the entire car. When I go on highway, i can see that chiseling spots on the bonnet and on the front fenders. The quote I got was for the entire car was 1L from 3M. I recommend to go for full car (May be except the roof )

I spent around 30K for both bumpers, ORVM, Corners of all 5 doors and door Handles.

Last edited by anumod : 4th July 2018 at 20:28. Reason: Pruning the post
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks