Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2018, 15:43   #3046
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I need advice from fellow Endeavour owners regarding renewal of insurance policy.
Please increase you IDV and than compare the quotes.
Currently its considered as 22 Lakhs. I guess for Trend version, it should at least be 24-25L.

Use coverfox quotes to negotiate with the dealer. Dealer provided Insurance is ideal for cashless with immediate delivery requirements post repair. Other may give cashless but dealer waits for DO (some even wait for actual payment)

For 25L IDV you should target less than or equal to 50K in second year of ownership (NCB = 20%)

Last edited by Wanderers : 7th June 2018 at 15:45.
Wanderers is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 22:02   #3047
BANNED

just curious to know...which is the most selling Ford Endeavour colour in India.

I understand it is personal choice..still curious.
Old 7th June 2018, 22:42   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
just curious to know...which is the most selling Ford Endeavour colour in India.

I understand it is personal choice..still curious.
I would say white, at least in Delhi NCR.
However red is more noticeable and being Endeavour's signature color, its more visible on road.
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 18:11   #3049
BANNED

True i have seen more reds on roads. it seems more of maroon to me
Old 9th June 2018, 17:12   #3050
BHPian

Installed the Phisung E02 car DVR in my Ford Endy Trend. It solves the problem of not having an inbuilt navigation system in the Sync 2 to some extend. The unit works as DVR, rearview cam (if needed), Satnav system (GMaps, Sygig etc), bluetooth telephone with a 4G SIM inserted etc. Can only be fitted on the Trend variant without the leather wrapped dash.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-mvimg_20180608_165803.jpg

Link to my detailed post on the DVR and dashcam thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4412313
SCORPION is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 18:42   #3051
BHPian

Guys thinking of getting the Endeavor.
1. What is the best discounts you guys think I can get on the 2.2L Titanium model.
2. Buy now or wait till year end for discounts etc?
3. wait for 2018 for new model? Will it have the new engine? When can we get information about this if current status is not clear.
4. What do you think the resale value will be after 5yrs/80k kms.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 9th June 2018, 20:15   #3052
BHPian

Ford Endeavour - Now features go missing

My knowledge about the Endeavour keeps increasing day by day. I only wish that this increment has a positive side it at some point of time . After my observation about the missing K-members in my Endeavour, some BHPians were of the opinion that the Owners Manual is not a document which can serve as an exact reference of the features and functionalities of the vehicle as long as there are requisite disclaimers in place to cater to the different markets and variants.

Related Thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...l-version.html

I accordingly began to study the manual in greater detail to better understand my vehicle and any exceptions that I should be prepared for. However I have been able to uncover the absence of the following features which appear to have no explanation for their non-working as my vehicle is per specifications in the manual.

1. One such feature which does not work in my Endeavour is the split screen functionality of SYNC3 for in-built navigation. As can be seen below in the collage, the Owners Manual clearly shows a different homescreen and the only pre-condition it lists down is the availability of Navigation. My vehicle is equipped with SYNC3 with navigation from the factory and yet the homescreen display is different from what is shown in the Owners Manual. I have ensured that the SYNC3 unit is always up-to-date with the latest software.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-t2p1.jpg

2. Another feature linked with Navigation is the ability to show the current route, next turn, time to destination, distance to destination and cancel route on the Instrument Cluster. Again, the only pre-condition mentioned is Navigation. The manual also clearly mentions that in the absence of navigation, a compass would appear which is what I see in my vehicle.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-t2p2.jpg

I had already contacted Ford India about this issue but yet to receive a resolution. Can anyone here help me understand the justifiable reasons for this apparent discrepancy?
A.G. is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 21:17   #3053
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour - Now features go missing

Were your photos taken during driving and when you already had a route established in navigation?

If nothing else, this could potentially be fixed through a software update. I wouldn't throw Ford under the bus on this. Yet.
Old 9th June 2018, 21:51   #3054
BHPian

Did you use the Navigation system since you've bought the vehicle? Did the dealer give you a demo of the system? If the answer is Yes to both the questions, then there is clearly an issue.

If not it raises a whole different question of whether you've navigation enabled on your vehicle (saying this based on info given in the second picture). Did you take this issue up with your dealer?
Old 9th June 2018, 22:07   #3055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Were your photos taken during driving and when you already had a route established in navigation?
As per the manual
Quote:
This map displays your current location or current route in real time
The mentioned realtime location display is independent of whether a route is set or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
If nothing else, this could potentially be fixed through a software update.
Looks like you have read my post in a hurry. As mentioned in my opening post, I have ensured that the software is always kept updated by Ford. To add to this as per the manual this feature was supposed to work from day one but hasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
Did you use the Navigation system since you've bought the vehicle? Did the dealer give you a demo of the system? If the answer is Yes to both the questions, then there is clearly an issue.
Yes I use it everyday. Yes the dealer did give me a demo but I was not aware of this feature at that time and hence did not notice it’s absence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
If not it raises a whole different question of whether you've navigation enabled on your vehicle (saying this based on info given in the second picture). Did you take this issue up with your dealer?
Yes, I had raised this issue with dealer and Ford but haven’t received any response / solution yet.
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 10:35   #3056
BANNED

So now the Endeavour has a few "non-working - supposed to work" features as well.

Like a lot of us, I was thoroughly impressed by the vehicle at its launch and made it a point to strongly recommend it to people shopping in this segment when they came to me to help them choose between this and the Fortuner.

With the number of compromises that are coming out in the open (there could be others which haven't yet been exposed), and Ford's attitude towards the customer/prospect, I am not sure if I will continue recommending it over the Fortuner anymore.

Sad to see Ford going the erstwhile Skoda way.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 14:18   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I would say white, at least in Delhi NCR.
However red is more noticeable and being Endeavour's signature color, its more visible on road.
What i have noted is that the Red color looses the shining and looks very old after one year. You can check the test drive cars themselves, the color looks very dull by now.
anumod is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 20:48   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Guys thinking of getting the Endeavor.
1. What is the best discounts you guys think I can get on the 2.2L Titanium model.
2. Buy now or wait till year end for discounts etc?
3. wait for 2018 for new model? Will it have the new engine? When can we get information about this if current status is not clear.
4. What do you think the resale value will be after 5yrs/80k kms.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply.
1. Discount will be totally dependent on the showroom and how you negotiate. But you can definitely negotiate on the insurance. Insurance cut is around 30k depending on the model and there is also handling charges which you can negotiate. All in all about 50k can be easily reduced.
2. Heavy discounts can be obtained in December for the stock which is lying with the dealer. Discounts up to a lakh can be obtained but it could be a mid year model that you get and not a December built model.
3. 2018 model has only 3 upgrades and no upgrade on engine. New engine models are for other Asian countries, Australia etc. Sadly not coming to India in 2018, may be later.
4. 5 years down the line means 50% depreciation on showroom value. That's how it is calculated. So you can expect anything between 15 to 18 lakhs depending on the condition and your patience. And mind you this is Ford and not Toyota Fortuner so resale is slightly lower and also depends on the demand at that point of time. By that time the newer, more refined and better FE Ford Endeavour would be in the Indian market so resale may be even lower.

All in all the endeavour is an excellent vehicle to drive and own. Only drawback is the FE.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 21:31   #3059
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2018 at 10:29.
alexrabbi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th June 2018, 21:35   #3060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
What i have noted is that the Red color looses the shining and looks very old after one year. You can check the test drive cars themselves, the color looks very dull by now.

That is why we have automotive polish and wax for painted surfaces.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks