Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2018, 12:23   #3196
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
1) Ride quality - I am not entirely happy with the how Endy behaves in pothole filled roads.

2) Seat adjustment - I have not been able to find the perfect driving position so far.

The Endy is better driven slightly faster over potholes and speed breakers. This minimizes the thuds you feel and it doesnt affect the truck too. It is definitely more comfortable than the Duster/Terrano. Also, the OE tires are pretty hard, noisy and generally wear out sooner. Change to a better brand and you will feel a world of difference.

2. I guess it is only a matter of spending some time getting it right, I am 5'11" and do not miss the telescopic adjustment. Also, if your neck is under strain, why dont you use neck pillows to support it better?
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 09:55   #3197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I was referring to the 2.0L Single Turbo Engine. The same engine is available with new Ranger in Thailand - 6MT 4x4

If 2.0L with 10 AT is not practical for India, then i would say 2.0L with 6MT should definitely a better choice. Toyota is still selling Fortuner 4x2 & 4x4 MT variants !
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This isn't coming to India before the BS-6 norms kick in or competition offers something new.

That said, here are my observations:

1. For our conditions, a 10 speed GB is an overkill. Also, unless tested very rigorously for our notorious traffic, it could need to work harder and/or hunt for gears pretty often which could result in increased wear and tear and a plethora of other issues. No amount of testing in traffic anywhere in the world can replicate our traffic conditions.

2. A 2000cc engine belting out 500NM with 2 turbos makes it pretty complex and sensitive to fuel. I am yet to see any other OEM except BMW who have now mastered the art of making rugged, small displacement high power diesels which work well in India.

Whenever it comes, I wont make a beeline to buy it, even if it is at the current price.
Assuming the 2.0L making it way to India early 2019, will the current 3.2L will stay or that will be discontinued? If both stays, how would they position 2.0L (6 MT & 10AT) in terms of pricing?
Old 29th July 2018, 12:12   #3198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Assuming the 2.0L making it way to India early 2019, will the current 3.2L will stay or that will be discontinued? If both stays, how would they position 2.0L (6 MT & 10AT) in terms of pricing?
The new 2.0 is NOT coming to India in early 2019, and you've also partly answered why it wont.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 12:33   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Btw. Today I noticed something, the horn doesn't work from the left side (when you press on the left side of the steering centre part); it works fine when pressing bottom or right side of the steering.

Can someone please check and let me know if this is an issue or it is a standard behavior.

Thanks in advance.
Yeah I too have noticed this recently.I don't remember noticing this behaviour earlier . But works sometimes and also when pressed hard .Could be a faulty part ?? Or deteriorated over time ??

Last edited by pajero4me : 29th July 2018 at 12:37.
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 13:01   #3200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Yeah I too have noticed this recently.I don't remember noticing this behaviour earlier . But works sometimes and also when pressed hard .Could be a faulty part ?? Or deteriorated over time ??
Possible. I don't recollect having this issue earlier (I bought the car in April 2016), possibly deteriorated over time...

I am worried about taking this issue to service center, with airbag and some complex electronics in the steering, god knows some junior service tech will work on it and screw up something else.

for now, I am inclined to live with it
Old 29th July 2018, 13:34   #3201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am worried about taking this issue to service center, with airbag and some complex electronics in the steering, god knows some junior service tech will work on it and screw up something else.
I don't think it will be so easy to screw up a safety feature like airbag or a complex electronics. Manufacturers would have considered all these in design is what i feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Once I was satisfied that the luggage was safely secured, I shut the boot door with the button on the boot lid! Keys were inside!
Thanks for sharing. Yes, I have kept important items like purse or phone at the boot while safely securing the loaded items in boot, but luckily not keys till date (though i always carry duplicate keys with me)
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 15:05   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
1) Ride quality - I am not entirely happy with the how Endy behaves in pothole filled roads. I tried varying the tyre pressure from 28 to 32 (now I have 32 on all 4 and they are OEM MRF tyres) but it did not help.
Yes those MRF Tyres are road rollers. I now find that 30 psi is the best. If you still feel something is off, then have the SA do a ride with you with tyres at 30 psi. I plan to switch to some better tyres at next change.

Quote:
Btw. Today I noticed something, the horn doesn't work from the left side (when you press on the left side of the steering centre part); it works fine when pressing bottom or right side of the steering.

Can someone please check and let me know if this is an issue or it is a standard behavior.

Thanks in advance.
I had the same issue within couple of weeks of getting my Endy. My SA mentioned that my horn needs some “tuning”. Whatever he did, it now works fine. The same issue has not repeated for over 12 months now.
Czarcarsm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 21:23   #3203
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180731_20.29.21.jpg

Drove like a monk in a bid to see if I can get a good mileage from the 3.2 engine. This is what I could achieve with speeds between 80 - 100 kmph and a steady foot. Salem - Coimbatore highway. Reasonable traffic requiring frequent change in speeds. This is the best mileage I have seen in 32500 KMS of driving the Endeavour.
SCORPION is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 22:33   #3204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The new 2.0 is NOT coming to India in early 2019, and you've also partly answered why it wont.

Are you talking about the Bi-Turbo or Single turbo one ? Could you please let me know how reliable is that information ?

FYI - 3.2 engine is no more available on Everest in Thailand. Forget about Everest, its not even available on new Ranger !
Old 1st August 2018, 13:55   #3205
Senior - BHPian

The Everest / Endeavour is classed as an MA vehicle under the Australian Design Rules legislation, which means a passenger vehicle. Specifically:

4.3.1. PASSENGER CAR (MA) A passenger vehicle, not being an off-road passenger vehicle or a forward-control passenger vehicle, having up to 9 seating positions, including that of the driver.

Source : https://practicalmotoring.com.au/voi...-mc-offroader/
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 18:27   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Drove like a monk in a bid to see if I can get a good mileage from the 3.2 engine. This is what I could achieve with speeds between 80 - 100 kmph and a steady foot. Salem - Coimbatore highway. Reasonable traffic requiring frequent change in speeds. This is the best mileage I have seen in 32500 KMS of driving the Endeavour.
Thanks for sharing. What time of the day was it. I have experienced better mileage after sun down. 16kmpl for about 45 kms, early morning around 4:30-5:00. I suspect the After-cooler. A better After-cooler could boost the mileage but it comes with other issues.
You averaged about 70 kmph. Impressive !
Edit: I am driving that route soon. Will try to see if I can beat your numbers. One for the earth.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 1st August 2018 at 18:33.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 21:04   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
What time of the day was it.
It was between 5 and 8 PM.
Quote:
I have experienced better mileage after sun down. 16kmpl for about 45 kms, early morning around 4:30-5:00. I suspect the After-cooler. A better After-cooler could boost the mileage but it comes with other issues.
Do you think colder compressed air would make such a significant difference? It also may be to do with sparse traffic enabling you to maintain a steady speed at that time of the day? Frequent strain experienced while hauling all that mass to cruising speed each time after a slow down messes up the average quite a bit. If you can maintain a steady speed, you can get an even better mileage.
Quote:
You averaged about 70 kmph. Impressive !
Edit: I am driving that route soon. Will try to see if I can beat your numbers. One for the earth
Thanks, and Best of luck! With your expertise, I am sure you can easily beat these numbers. One for the Earth.

Last edited by SCORPION : 1st August 2018 at 21:12.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 13:15   #3208
BHPian

Guys anyone using diesel fuel additive in Endeavour. While browsing one thread on our forum I noticed members using Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive in their cars. Is it safe to use now as my vehicle has crosses 19k kms. Reason being the diesel quality is not good in our country and that has been discussed in multiple threads hence we can at least use these additives to compensate the fuel quality. I checked on Amazon it is hardly 235 bucks for 200ml can after discount(sticker price 380), can be used comfortably at every refill.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 16:06   #3209
BHPian

Quote:
It was between 5 and 8 PM.
Do you think colder compressed air would make such a significant difference? It also may be to do with sparse traffic enabling you to maintain a steady speed at that time of the day?

Thanks, and Best of luck! With your expertise, I am sure you can easily beat these numbers. One for the Earth.
Ideally you are correct. But I had a chance to do some sedate driving on the Avinash-Coimbatore 6 lane stretch as well, during non peak hrs. Never got that same mileage. That 6 lane area has higher air temperature than Bangalore. Also this is a big engine that is sucking in a lot of air and probably not enough time to cool it. Hence my suspicion on after-cooler. There is more to it, but makes for a very long boring discussion. Tried writing it up but ended up with multiple paragraphs of just possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Guys anyone using diesel fuel additive in Endeavour.
Typically engine designers are allergic to fuel additives. But sometimes they do allow a few. You may be better off checking if Ford has issued any additive specs and then cross check if the one you plan to use, meets that spec.
But on the other hand why do you want to use an additive ? Do you see any verified, significant and long term benefit ?

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 2nd August 2018 at 16:12.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 16:30   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Typically engine designers are allergic to fuel additives. But sometimes they do allow a few. You may be better off checking if Ford has issued any additive specs and then cross check if the one you plan to use, meets that spec.
But on the other hand why do you want to use an additive ? Do you see any verified, significant and long term benefit ?
Not verified but I can closely relate this to the yearly flu vaccination we used to get when I was working in IBM. Every year before the flu season starts in Delhi all employees were given free vaccination in office premises. It was a kind of proactive approach to keep employees healthy and maybe a possible reason to avoid sick leave as we have unlimited sick leaves in IBM.

Similarly I was thinking as a proactive measure why not to keep our engine in top condition and provide immunity against adulterated fuel.

From the product description which says quite a lot:

Stabilise Your Diesel Engine
Liqui Moly Super diesel additive is the product you need if you want smoother and cooler functioning of your diesel car. It comes in a convenient tank that acts as an all-round improver of the fuel that you fill. This additive keeps your diesel engine, injectors and other components clean. Improve the power and performance of your car with the Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive.

Improve the Performance of Your Car
As this suits all types of diesel engines and motors, it helps preserve the engine for longer periods. This additive also helps prevent knocks and seizing of your vehicle. It is also proven by various tests that Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive increases the fuel economy of your vehicle.

Quality Control for Your Engine
Keep your engine in a good condition for long with the Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive. It eliminates high-temperature deposits, reduces smoke and reduces fuel system wear. It is also capable of lubricating the important components and also helps in preventing rust and corrosion of the engine due to physical factors.

Edit: Ordered 3 cans from Amazon will confirm after usage.

Last edited by roby_dk : 2nd August 2018 at 16:58.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks